Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

Swimming with Mako sharks

5 posts in this topic

On the face of it, this Mako shark may not be the prettiest creature on the planet. But would you dare say it to its face?

The Mako has a reputation as one of the deadliest and fastest sharks in the ocean and could certainly make its displeasure known if it wanted to.

With its seemingly lifeless eyes and terrifyingly sharp teeth the Mako has been known to stalk its prey at lightning speeds of almost 100kmh - and has even been known to attack humans.

http://www.dailymail...st-hunters.html

Posted (edited)

Mako's have always been my favorite sharks (and Great Whites), so sleek and thinner-bodied and "aerodynamic" looking.

I'm glad they explained the copepods on the Mako's fin. I had not idea what I was looking at.

I have ZERO respect for bullfighters. Been to one in Madrid, never again, walked out. Bullfighting doesn't showcase bravery. It's a cruel joke of a sport.

Edited by QuiteContrary
1 person likes this

Not surprised they attack humans after all they are wild animals and we are venturing into their territory.

Wow look I'm swimming with sharks, look I'm taking photos, look I've got one hand, look I've got no hands, look I've got no legs.

Great, Makos are one of my favorite species of shark :tsu: