Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does this sound like a past life?

saturn554

Does this sound like a past life? I had a dream sometime ago that I was a woman, running through woods being and chased by somebody or something. I had long brown hair. I think I had a long dress on, not sure though. Anyway it’s like whoever was chasing me, caught me and next thing I know I’m tied to a tree or a post or something. All these people had surrounded me, holding huge crosses telling me to repent. There was another small group of people being held by guards off to the side. Anyway some man broke out of the crowd and charged at me with an Ax. But he was stopped by the guards. Then all I saw was flames.

I have had a strong connection to the witch burnings and things of that time in Europe. I’m also pretty interested in magic and stuff of that nature. I have issues with the church. I read somewhere that if you have a significantly violent death some memories from that life might pass on to the next life.

• Like 3

Does this sound like a past life? I had a dream sometime ago that I was a woman, running through woods being and chased by somebody or something. I had long brown hair. I think I had a long dress on, not sure though. Anyway it’s like whoever was chasing me, caught me and next thing I know I’m tied to a tree or a post or something. All these people had surrounded me, holding huge crosses telling me to repent. There was another small group of people being held by guards off to the side. Anyway some man broke out of the crowd and charged at me with an Ax. But he was stopped by the guards. Then all I saw was flames.

I have had a strong connection to the witch burnings and things of that time in Europe. I’m also pretty interested in magic and stuff of that nature. I have issues with the church. I read somewhere that if you have a significantly violent death some memories from that life might pass on to the next life.

You say you have a strong connection to the witch burnings, if witch burnings is something of your interest, it maybe just a self made dream.

I'm with docyabut2.

Almost like daydreaming. When you get fixated on a certain subject and study it...it's going to put images in your head. It's human nature.

• Like 1

If you are a guy its unusual to dream you are a different sex but no unheard of. If you had names and events that you could research it might possibly tell you if you are dreaming about a past life. Its probably just a weird dream though.

I believe in past lives, but be prepared to get beat down by non believers! Lol there are a lot of them here.

Anyway, as a believer, I think you have to decide whether it was a dream or a memory by taking note of how the dream feels. Are you witnessing all this from the outside or its it you? Take some Time to write down whatever feelings, thoughts, or images that pop into your mind when you think about this dream them you can try and do some research.

It may just be a dream about feeling persecuted in the same way women were back then. Your interest in the occult now probably doesn't have too much to do with this dream/memory because during the "witch" burning era the women being burned weren't really "witches" in the sense that the church defined. They were just regular women with knowledge about nature that some dork decided was "from the devil". Hence, Wicca was turned into something evil but it's not.

• Like 1

Taking the past life memories a step further, you wonder if they are connected to some of your views in this life? The answer is yes that can happen and the reason why you may have been linked to this in your soul consciousness (the part of you that holds every memory, experience, lesson, ability, talent from every life experienced) is something you will have to work out. Sometimes the acknowledgement is all that is needed to understand something deeper. I would be curious to ask you if this could connect to anything you are going through in your life at the moment, any particular people or group who have come into your life or revelations about those you have always known?

• Like 2

I believe in Reincarnation, though I personally have never really had an experience with it.

In the X-Files episode "In the Field Where I Died" under hypnosis, Mulder says, "Evil returns as evil. But, souls mate eternal."

I like that idea, that the people in this life, are people we have known in our past lives. It's a nice idea...

Also, if you are able, I would do genealogy research into the family. Maybe you had a 6th great grandma who was burned at the stake as a witch. I've read many a story about people having dreams like that, and then finding out something like that.

• 1 month later...

I've had several dreams of past lives, usually at the point of my death. In one I was a peasant woman around the time of the Middle Ages. I remember staring into some glass and seeing the very pale, very thin, drawn face of an italian looking woman. Suddenly it occured to me I was staring at my reflection in some glass! In the dream I was cast out of my town by my husband because we lived on those very high cliffs near the sea in Italy. I had two children, both boys I think, who were playing on the stone guards and fell to their death. It wasn't my fault though, I just had turned my back for a moment and they had died. Quickly as that. But I was blamed and driven out to live with the gypsies/transients. I had turned I think to prostitution to stay alive. I think it was this way I caught my death. Or I died of a broken heart. I loved my children dearly and being blamed for their deaths in an area so dangerous to raise kids anyway was more than I could bear.

Another dream I was a prosecutor for New York City's DA office. I feel like I know the city back and forth, though I've never been there. When I see pictures or movies of Central Park and the various burroughs, I feel like I'm nostalgic. I was shot in the chest one night as I left a theater by one of the gang members of a man I'd prosecuted and sent to jail. The dress was around the 1930s. I could feel exactly like how it feels to be shot. It feels like a punch, then an icy burning hole going through you, then everything goes black.

Another dream I was with a bunch of people looking like they were wearing fairly modern clothes...but it wasn't...it was ages and ages ago...but in a place that was perhaps more modern than now? If that makes sense. Anyway, we were all walking down to a sandstone arch near the sea to celebrate something, or just to frolic and swim. Suddenly a massive wave overtook everyone and swept us out to sea. I remember floating downwards quite calmly, seeing kelp, fishes, rocks under the water and dozens of other people floating under and down just like me, all drowning. Then blackness..

I believe in past lifes.and i also think that i had a past life.people said i have an old soul.

When you get fixated on a certain subject and study it...it's going to put images in your head. It's human nature.

Quite true. When I was superficially studying runes, I would have dreams of seeing them in books.

When I was superficially studying wicca, power animals and stuff..I would have dreams of certain animals. I even dreamed once I was a witch' in a supposed past life.

Heck when I was playing Breath of Fire; Dragon Quarter a lot I would have dreams involving the main characters.

Like Requiem said..it's not anything to pay attention to, it's just how the human mind works. Don't worry too much about it...actually don't worry at all about it.

I think the soul has a myriad of capabilities. It could be that you were merely visiting a body that was being burned. Or it could be that you were at the right frequency to pick up a first hand experience of the emotionally charged situation some other soul was experiencing. What I mean to say is, I don't think the soul's journey is restrained merely by one body. You may have a home body, but the capabilities of the soul are vastly expansive.

Also it is possible that the event is happening in the here and now on some other parallel universe or dimension. Metaphysics states that every time you make a decision, there are multiple crystals of your own soul that branch off and take the situation you decided against, thus creating new universes or dimensions with every decision you make. Somewhere in your consciousness, I believe that these millions of universes or dimensions you have created can indeed be accessed, intentionally or otherwise.

Or it could be that you had a past life like the one you described. Who knows?!

But we do have to admit that the possiblity exists that it was not really a life you led but something totally independent of your own experiences.

Our soul is what gives us the power to change the world. USE IT!!

Edited by regeneratia

I wish these 'one-question-wonders' would come back on and at least acknowledge the posters who've made the effort to reply!