Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Never talk to the Police

redhen

Saw this video on Reddit, don't know if it's been posted on UM before. It's a law lecture with a prof and a cop, the premise is; never talk to police, even if you're innocent, even you say nothing but the truth. Your words will come back to bite you every time.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Yeah, never talk to the Police, that Sting's a right git.

• Like 2

What you say can come back to haunt you.

• Like 1

Hey pigs, I mean ossifer's sorry, my cars stalled, can you help me push it out of the way

I belong to a group whose members, on occasion, have encounters with the police or officials. Our lawyers say, always be calm, never volunteer information and record your conversation with police and officials if possible.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 4

No Comment !

• Like 1

Response, lay down on the ground with your hands behind your head, look. look he's resisiting, tazer him

Edited by Enoonmai
  • Like 1

you have the right to remain silent ..exercise your rights

• Like 2

You do not have to say anything,but it may harm your defence when questioned,on something you may rely on later in court...

If I'm being arrested by Police I will remain silent, however up untill that point I will be calm, polite, and curtius. It has gotten me out of more then one ticket.

~Thanato

• Like 1

In my small town I know too many cops not to talk to them. I socialize with a few.

If I have deliberately broken some law, then it's good advice to say nothing. But if I have not broken some law (traffic offenses being another story), then I believe that one must assert one's rights for them to have even a chance of being respected.

In my small town I know too many cops not to talk to them. I socialize with a few.

If I have deliberately broken some law, then it's good advice to say nothing. But if I have not broken some law (traffic offenses being another story), then I believe that one must assert one's rights for them to have even a chance of being respected.

It doesnt have anything to do with respect though. It cant benefit you in anyway to talk to police. Innocent people have been put in prison for speaking to police. Alot of them wouldnt have if they had just kept thier mouths shut.

• Like 3

That's what the lawyers all say -- keep your mouth shut until they get there. Of course maybe if you answered a couple of questions they would let you go and you wouldn't need the lawyer.

• Like 1

I know a few cops, my son-in-law is a cop in Columbia, South Carolina. Good kid....and I knew him before he became a cop...so...I always have that little edge to poke him in the ribs with.

No, do not call 911, do not call the cops and do not talk to them. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

The modern police force is actually nothing but a security guard team for the rich and wealthy. They absolutely do not care (generally) about the average citizen. They patrol areas to protect the wealthy...period.

I see them in places all the time where they do not belong. I live on a mountain in what used to be a ski resort and was subdivided and houses started springing up. I see cops out here all the time and I have to ask myself..."Why are they here?" There is no crime out here...but there they are...popping folks with speeding tickets cause we have a 25 mph limit all over this place. The really sad part is that when you turn up the mountain, there is a sign that specifically says "end state maintenance"...but the county and state police seem to think this is a hunting ground for fines and revenue.

Our police across the country have become a revenue collector...they have to write enough tickets and make enough arrests to justify their jobs. If they are not collecting enough money to pay their own salary, they are likely to be let go. Law enforcement has become another scam...a scandal to steal as much money from the people as possible...put them on a watch list and keep the categorized.

• Like 1

I would tend to agree. Say as little as possible. Call a lawyer. If you are innocent, you'll get out soon (hopefully) anyway.

You guys are right--don't talk to them until you talk to your own lawyer. That is the best possible advice and practice.

I don't get out of my small hometown much. :innocent:

What if your spouse is a cop?

• Like 2

I was in a situation with a State police officer that I'll never forget.

Minus the details(so as not to bore everyone here), he asked me questions and I responded truthfully to every single one. And I was very respectful. And yes, I was guilty as sin.

I was arrested, and as he put me in the back of his car he said "I appreciate your honesty"

When I went to jail, he must have said something to someone, because I was suddenly released without even going into a cell.

Of course, I had to go to court, but that State trooper get's a big "thumbs-up" from me.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

Yes, that statement should have been qualified, social discourse is different. The lecture is on talking to police if they happen to arrest you or simply want to "question you". In those cases, there is no such thing as "off the record".

I guess the other one would have to be a lawyer. :innocent:

• Like 1