Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian Coins appeared in my makeup bag

Passion4Life

I've never really researched anything on paranormal because I try to find ways to explain some of the stuff that goes on in my life. But I can't explain this. Last summer I was cleaning out my purse and I have this little makeup bad that stays zipped up that was in my purse. I went to open it and when I did two Canadian Coins ( a dollar coin and a 1 cent coin) fell out. They are shiny and look brand new. The dollar coin had the year 2007 and the cent coin has 2011. I've never been to Canada, I live in Ohio. I keep them close to me, because there is no possible explanation on how they got there. It bothers me, and two months after that there was a blue orb in a picture behind me.

• Like 1

We always had Canadian coins in ne ohio growing up and would use them as if US coins, mixed in here and there. We knew no different and no one ever said anything.

One day, years later, as an adult in a southern state I had one store owner fish one out of the money I had handed her as if I had given her typhoid. "THIS is Canadian!" she snipped.

Oops I honestly hadn't noticed it.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Ah well, every male knows ....... a womans purse/bag is like a bottomless pit, I heard one woman found Jimmy Hoffa's body in hers. :yes:

• Like 2

I have a friend whose purse is like a mini-suitcase....I swear you might find the lost ark of the covenant in that thing.

• Like 3

You find Canadian coins, I find New Zealand coins.

• Like 1

Someone has given you wrong change. i found a dime in my change once

I keep them close to me, because there is no possible explanation on how they got there.
No possible explanation for how currency from the country next door to the USA ended up in the purse of someone in the USA?

It's impossible that you received incorrect coinage when getting change in a shop and that when putting it into your purse, the makeup bag was open and you dropped a couple of coins into it without realising it? That seems entirely plausible to me and not at all impossible.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

What probably happened was you got the change and didn't look at it closely and just forgot about it for a while. then you finally discovered it and was confused.

• Like 1

Not a bad trick; I have to go to the bank to get Canadian currency.

A couple of years ago now a very good friend of mine - a totally honest and rational person - was washing up cups and mugs in her sink. When she was rinsing she found a silver sixpence in the bottom of one of the cups. Sixpence coins stopped being used as currency in the UK after decimalisation in the 1960s. A sixpence coin is about the same size as a penny but thinner and silver. She has absolutely no idea how that coin got there.

Edited by quiet-cats

A couple of years ago now a very good friend of mine - a totally honest and rational person - was washing up cups and mugs in her sink. When she was rinsing she found a silver sixpence in the bottom of one of the cups. Sixpence coins stopped being used as currency in the UK after decimalisation in the 1960s. A sixpence coin is about the same size as a penny but thinner and silver. She has absolutely no idea how that coin got there.

my guess she never cleans the cups good enough

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Little coins do have a habit of wiggling into small spaces.

Without knowing your age and/or lifestyle, don't think it rude of me to suggest that another possibility might be, that at an evening out you popped them in your bag shortly after reapplying makeup? Possibly a dimly lit restaurant or night club? Also possibly, after a few alcoholic beverages?

I only ask as once I got so drunk I dropped my purse outside the hotel door and didn't notice until the next day when a kind hotel worker knocked on the door and asked if it was mine. It was one of those nights that I had been so drunk I lost a few hours of memories. Thankfully it has only happened a few times in my life. I don't drink quite so much booze these day.

As for the cups, that's very interesting...

Let me take this as a chance to do a tirade against coins. We don't have them in Vietnam, although an attempt to introduce them a few years ago fell flat with the public. Instead we have notes that go down to trivial values and that only kids bother with.

I like it a coin-free environment. Coins make holes in your pockets, require a special purse, are heavy, encourage the proliferation of vending machines (the reason the government here tried to introduce them), are almost impossible to use outside the issuing country, get lost, and in many other ways are a nuisance. Now that "paper" money is printed on that plastic-like stuff rather than on paper (at least in many countries), the paper money goes through the wash fine and seems to last a long time.

when I was ten back in Australia, I use to find american 10 cents in 5 cent candy machines coin retrieval area. american 10 cents are roughly the same size and australian 5 cents. many years later, now in americs was at a restraunt and paid in cash and a waitress gave me 3 five australian cents, not seeing they were the wrong currency

• Like 2

when I was ten back in Australia, I use to find american 10 cents in 5 cent candy machines coin retrieval area. american 10 cents are roughly the same size and australian 5 cents. many years later, now in americs was at a restraunt and paid in cash and a waitress gave me 3 five australian cents, not seeing they were the wrong currency

When I was on vacation in France in the 1990s (pre-Euro currency) there was a particular Irish coin (can't remember which one) which had the same size and weight as a French coin of much higher value. I think the French coin was a ten Franc coin but don't quote me on that.

Because we were staying in an area popular with Irish tourists, it was commonly known that machines that took coins could be fooled into receiving the wrong currency of a much lower value. The result was that we could spend a small amount of money to spend hours on a coin operated pool table.

Sometimes you got the wrong lower valued coin in change from machines, but it didn't matter because you could just use it in another machine. Because we were in France, the local currency Franc coins were far more in abundance than foreign currency thus the odds were in your favour overall.

Not at all relevant to the thread, but the discussion of confusing similar coinage from different currencies reminded me of it.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

The Australian and New Zealand 20 cent coin is roughly the same size and shape.

Many times you will see 20c NZ coins being used in circulation in Australia.

1986%20Australia%2020%20Cents%20copy.jpg

1968%20New%20Zealand%2020%20Cents%20copy.jpg

Which also looked a lot like our old 50 cent coins.

1966m.jpg

• Like 1

I've never really researched anything on paranormal because I try to find ways to explain some of the stuff that goes on in my life. But I can't explain this. Last summer I was cleaning out my purse and I have this little makeup bad that stays zipped up that was in my purse. I went to open it and when I did two Canadian Coins ( a dollar coin and a 1 cent coin) fell out. They are shiny and look brand new. The dollar coin had the year 2007 and the cent coin has 2011. I've never been to Canada, I live in Ohio. I keep them close to me, because there is no possible explanation on how they got there. It bothers me, and two months after that there was a blue orb in a picture behind me.

Well... either a ghost put those coins in there, or a person put those coins in there. In any case, I guess the take home message is... don't leave your darn purse laying aroung where it can be mettled with.

• Like 2

I went in the Ohio a couple of times and I am from QC, MTL. My brother in law lives there also, and he is a pure french canadian. He studied in NY and hes now working full-time as a doctor in Ohio. Its perfectly normal that people that visit, can mix theire money with yours.

I went in the Ohio a couple of times and I am from QC, MTL. My brother in law lives there also, and he is a pure french canadian. He studied in NY and hes now working full-time as a doctor in Ohio. Its perfectly normal that people that visit, can mix theire money with yours.

Not the one dollar coin.

Not the one dollar coin.

America has a gold dollar coin too, about the same size and shape. Obstinate.

America has a gold dollar coin too, about the same size and shape. Obstinate.

I've never seen one, though I guess that doesn't prove anything.