Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

You can see its taken bits of the European map

Aye, there are definitely similarities to earth.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Interesting, though not exactly earth shattering news. Interesting comments below the main article.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Werthead/Official:_producers_will_not_wait_for_Martin_to_finish_the_books

It would be a great shame if they tried to bring the show out before the books. As good as the show is, I'd personally take the books every time!

Though as I said before, I'm just hoping GRRM remains on this mortal coil long enough to finish his masterpiece.

Interesting, though not exactly earth shattering news. Interesting comments below the main article.

http://gameofthrones...inish_the_books

I wonder if the speed of the show is playing on GRRM's mind? Considering how long it took for the last book to come out, perhaps the fact that he's running on a timetable now will force him to speed things up a little? I wouldn't be opposed to that, the length of time between books was what put me off the series in the first place (my interest has been rekindled since the series first came out, and so re-reading the books, I've forgotten almost everything I read when I was in High School).

I wonder if the speed of the show is playing on GRRM's mind? Considering how long it took for the last book to come out, perhaps the fact that he's running on a timetable now will force him to speed things up a little? I wouldn't be opposed to that, the length of time between books was what put me off the series in the first place (my interest has been rekindled since the series first came out, and so re-reading the books, I've forgotten almost everything I read when I was in High School).

I could see the show beginning to dictate the pace of the books, but it would not be good if the show took precedence and Martin altered things to fit TV agendas. This situation is similar to Harry Potter, but without the benefit of Martin being Rowlings age and good health......Hmm, and perhaps iron will to control her creation.

I think if death threats and all the abuse he got for writing other things and not concentrating on aSoIaF didn't speed him up, the HBO show won't...

• Like 1

It would be a great shame if they tried to bring the show out before the books. As good as the show is, I'd personally take the books every time!

Though as I said before, I'm just hoping GRRM remains on this mortal coil long enough to finish his masterpiece.

Yes, and the "film set" in our minds is still the best at creating the scenes. It is still an amazing thing how our eyes see print and then our minds create a fantastic 3D world.

• Like 1

I have to say guys. For the first time ever “Easter Sunday actually is something to look forward to.”

Season finale of The Walking Dead & the start of season 3 of ‘Game of Thrones’ and I used to think Easter was just about chocolate.

I saved S2 episode 10.. for tonight so I had continuity for season 3 tomorrow. What the hell were those Zombie type dead army at the end of episode 10. That poor Samwell guy.. I liked him

Pumped and ready for S3..

Hard to believe just over a week ago, I hadn’t heard of “Game of Thrones” until Paranoid Android mentioned it. :tu:

Quick question: the language Khaleesi speaks.. is that a real language or one made up like the Klingon language?

The writer's made it up, like Klingon.

Btw, you got an Xbox, xsas? If you have, The Walking Dead game ep 1 (of five episodes) is free to download. With the other 4 available for £10. Offer ends in a day or two though.

• Like 1

The writer's made it up, like Klingon.

Btw, you got an Xbox, xsas? If you have, The Walking Dead game ep 1 (of five episodes) is free to download. With the other 4 available for £10. Offer ends in a day or two though.

I do indeed mate, Xbox and PS3.. thanks for that..

I do indeed mate, Xbox and PS3.. thanks for that..

It won game of the year last year on IGN. It's supposed to be the best storylines to be found in a game for years (choices you make affect the outcome) and it parallels Rick's own story. I think the writers of either the programme or the comic book wrote it.

Guys, considering that Season 3 is airing later today, I have taken the liberty to change the name of this thread to a more general discussion on Game of Thrones. As with any new show, please keep in mind that Americans get this show before anyone else around the world. So please be respectful and use Spoiler tags if discussing plot lines of new episodes. The same applies to those who have read the book/s, if you are going to talk about plot lines in the book that haven't happened in the series, also put it in spoilers. Other than that, when I wake up tomorrow hopefully I can get a copy of episode one of the new season. Best wishes, all, and I hope everyone had a good Easter :)

~ Paranoid Android

• Like 1

Its gonna be hard trying not to watch this when it comes on. I have waited until the end of the previous seasons to have a marathon session for the previous two. I just havent got the patience to wait for the weekly episodes.

I think the only series I ever watched on weekly episode was band of brothers. It was good. Until I got the boxset a few years later and watched them all over a couple of days. That was far more satisfying.

• Like 1

My daughter is going *nuts*...she can't wait until tonight when it airs (for us) on HBO. T-minus 11 hours and counting!

Soooo jealous of everyone getting to watch it tonight.

*bottom lip quivers*

• Like 1

Soooo jealous of everyone getting to watch it tonight.

*bottom lip quivers*

Praying for a power cut.. It's always us poor third world countries that lose out.

If North Korea strike the US.. we will be well stuffed, we wil only have the BBC, ITV.. Eastenders & Coronation street.

Why was it only 15 minutes long?!?!?! Kidding, just seemed like it. This is going to be a great season.

3 hours until it airs here. Can't wait.

That's the creepiest scorpion I've ever seen :)

*does the Tyrion is awesome dance*

Check it ,how long had Sir Charles Dance,been an icon of the British screen ?

Peter Dinklage got first billing in the opening credits ,even before Charles Dance ..

All I can say is ,SNAP !

Was a bit disappointed by the small scar Tyrion had, as well as a still normal nose. I think the gruesomeness of the book version is truly needed to set him off on his journey, with the perils of being a horrifically scarred and ugly dwarf. It is needed for his character development.

But apart from that, it was an amazing episode. This show might even be my favourite, if it wasn't for Breaking Bad. The acting of everyone was amazing, with the exception of the new queen to be. She's a horrible actress. So wooden.

Was a bit disappointed by the small scar Tyrion had, as well as a still normal nose. I think the gruesomeness of the book version is truly needed to set him off on his journey, with the perils of being a horrifically scarred and ugly dwarf. It is needed for his character development.

But apart from that, it was an amazing episode. This show might even be my favourite, if it wasn't for Breaking Bad. The acting of everyone was amazing, with the exception of the new queen to be. She's a horrible actress. So wooden.

I think she plays the part of the fuzzy headed idiot perfectly. She is smart and used to living in the cut throat world of TGOT politics and knows exactly what she is getting into . Give her time and you'll be on her side. Geoffrey has met his match.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned