Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

I've got a friend of mine who's staying at my place for a night or two. We were just on television, nothing really on that we were interested in, so I asked him if he'd heard of Game of Thrones. He had no idea what it was so I've started at Season 1 again with him. Every five minutes, I hear him mutter, "Damn", "awesome", "wha--", and other similar phrases. I think he likes it :P

@ Queen in the North -

They have to make it Sam, anything else would make no sense, unless they want to totally assassinate Sam's character

Hahaha I know aht that feels like. :tu:

I don't really watch tv much but I've become addicted to this show. It's really great! I haven't read the books or even seen the first season so some of the storyline / character backgrounds I'm lost with, but I started watching the second season last week and just finished last night. I also had to watch the first episode of the 3rd season right away because I couldn't be left hanging like that. So....I guess now I've got to find the first season and start at the beginning. haha

• Like 1

I don't really watch tv much but I've become addicted to this show. It's really great! I haven't read the books or even seen the first season so some of the storyline / character backgrounds I'm lost with, but I started watching the second season last week and just finished last night. I also had to watch the first episode of the 3rd season right away because I couldn't be left hanging like that. So....I guess now I've got to find the first season and start at the beginning. haha

Try and watch the first season as it was very good and answers a lot of questions ytou may have but I don't want to spoil it for you by divulging. :innocent:

How do i create a Spoiler button?

[ spoiler ] Write your juicy spoiler here [ spoiler / ] << This with no spaces to give...

Write your juicy spoiler here

:)

Edited by Queen in the North

[ spoiler ] Write your juicy spoiler here [ spoiler / ] << This with no spaces to give...

Write your juicy spoiler here

:)

Thanks Queen :st

Im reading Clash of Kings atm and I think Bran has a crush on Meera Reed

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

MRS EMMA PEEL ! AWESOME !

I hope she becomes at least a semi regular member of the cast .

And Natalie Dormer has definately had a nose job .From last season to this one looks like .

MRS EMMA PEEL ! AWESOME !

I hope she becomes at least a semi regular member of the cast .

And Natalie Dormer has definately had a nose job .From last season to this one looks like .

Wow, I had no idea that was Diana Rigg!! How cool is that. I loved how she played it and it was one of many high points, acting-wise, of this episode.

• Like 1

Wow, each episode seems like it's only 20 minutes. Even taking into consideration how fast-paced the story is, I checked the length of time to the end of episode thinking "wow, halfway through and it's still gripping me". Only to find out that there was only 7 minutes left. I really enjoyed this episode. It pushed the story along nicely. And I'll probably be labelled a traitor to those who are fans of the book, but several elements of the story were pushed forward a lot quicker (and therefore more dramatically) because of the choices of the scriptwriters.

• Like 1

Wow, each episode seems like it's only 20 minutes. Even taking into consideration how fast-paced the story is, I checked the length of time to the end of episode thinking "wow, halfway through and it's still gripping me". Only to find out that there was only 7 minutes left. I really enjoyed this episode. It pushed the story along nicely. And I'll probably be labelled a traitor to those who are fans of the book, but several elements of the story were pushed forward a lot quicker (and therefore more dramatically) because of the choices of the scriptwriters.

I had the same feeling. They really need to make these episodes 1.5 hours long or have 3 of the 10 as two hour shows as there are so many "main characters" separated by so much distance that you barely have time to get into the scene and they flicker off to another place. Regardless, a good episode that I watched twice.

The acting was superb throughout:

- The Margaery Tyrell character played her part really well, shifting from the old hand at court skullduggery while with her grandmother to the simple minded "I'm just a silly woman" facade to calm down the psychopath she is betrothed to.

- Speaking of the Tyrells, Diana Rigg playing Lady Olenna Redwyne was the star of the show. Lord Oaf. LOL. Her description of how her husband road his horse off a cliff while hawking was priceless.

- Sansa in the same scene nailed it as well and her mother had an awesome scene with the new daughter-in- law.

- The introduction of the Reeds was perfectly done.

Many more as well.

Yes I like how the TV version skips a lot of unnecessary parts. To be honest the book was a little too slow for me, I like getting straight to the point.

• Like 1

The wait between each episode is dragging on and on..

I much preferred having 2 seasons to watch in one week, to get up to speed on everything.

I missed tonight's episode, unfortunately.

:P I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

My bro-in-law says the Theon storyline wasn't even in book 3. Wonder what's up with that, especially considering there seems to be more than enough going on besides adding a storyline.

Ohhhhh,I cannot believe what happened to __________. And that __________ gave away _________:) .

That last scene ,I just sais holy **** .

I rewound it twice ,to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

Ohhhhh,I cannot believe what happened to __________. And that __________ gave away _________ :) .

That last scene ,I just sais holy **** .

I rewound it twice ,to make sure I saw what I thought I saw.

I haven't read the books....but I think Danny is going to use the army to take back the dragon, and, for some reason, I think she knows what the guy selling her the army has been saying to her. The de-handing of Jamie was crazy...I did not see that coming at all. I wonder if they will send it to his dad?

• Like 1

I haven't read the books....but I think Danny is going to use the army to take back the dragon, and, for some reason, I think she knows what the guy selling her the army has been saying to her. The de-handing of Jamie was crazy...I did not see that coming at all. I wonder if they will send it to his dad?

Dany's story takes off now and I think you are really going to like. She shows she is the smartest person in the room very soon, you'll be standing up cheering, hopefully. LOL, they may change stuff up from the book.

This was a great episode with so many excellent moments. The group walking into the council room and Tyrion doing the chair thing was great theater. Jamie has evolved perfectly and I think that

when the hand got chopped, more than a few of you felt bad for one of the nastiest b******* to ever darken the 7 kingdoms. Remember he pushed Bran off a tower. Doesn't matter, he definitely grows on you as the story goes on and it is one of GRR's better character development projects.

This guy does a great blog on the series and adamantly refuses to read the books so he can critique the series as a television show. Enjoy!

http://www.grantland...-the-kingslayer

Edited by Merc14

This was a great episode with so many excellent moments. The group walking into the council room and Tyrion doing the chair thing was great theater. Jamie has evolved perfectly and I think that

when the hand got chopped, more than a few of you felt bad for one of the nastiest b******* to ever darken the 7 kingdoms. Remember he pushed Bran off a tower. Doesn't matter, he definitely grows on you as the story goes on and it is one of GRR's better character development projects.

This guy does a great blog on the series and adamantly refuses to read the books so he can critique the series as a television show. Enjoy!

http://www.grantland...-the-kingslayer

Is it true that there is no Theon storyline in book 3?

Tyrion with the chair was hilarious!

I want to read the books...but then I don't. I did read the 1st one.

Edited by ChewiesArmy

Is it true that there is no Theon storyline in book 3?

Tyrion with the chair was hilarious!

I want to read the books...but then I don't. I did read the 1st one.

Get a kindle and read the books, it doesn't take anything away from the TV series as it is a great creation on its own merits. I just watched that whole chair scene again and the acting is priceless. Not a word spoken but volumes communicated. I don't know how many takes that took but I'd love to watch the behind the scenes footage. Dinklage's last little chair squeak at the end probably took 10 takes.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Was a bit disappointed by the small scar Tyrion had, as well as a still normal nose. I think the gruesomeness of the book version is truly needed to set him off on his journey, with the perils of being a horrifically scarred and ugly dwarf. It is needed for his character development.

Reminds me of a bit on The Simpsons when some TV executive said "We're looking for TV-ugly not ugly-ugly."

Dany's story takes off now and I think you are really going to like. She shows she is the smartest person in the room very soon, you'll be standing up cheering, hopefully. LOL, they may change stuff up from the book.

Oh_my_GOD !!!!

SHE BLEW ME AWAY ! I AM FLOORED ,IN TEARS .

But I knew there was no way she ___________ the ________ __________ to that ___________.

I am floored by Dany. She's freeking AWESOME .

And I never thought I could feel sympathy for Jamie Lannister .I hope the people __________ Jamie ___________ ,all die horribly ..

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Oh_my_GOD !!!!

But I knew there was no way she ___________ the ________ __________ to that ___________.

And I never thought I could feel sympathy for Jamie Lannister .I hope the people __________ Jamie ___________ ,all die horribly ..

Told you so! LOL.

The look on the b******* face when she speaks to him in his own language fluently was priceless. Equally priiceless was the look on her two "protectors" when they discovered just how tough their "little girk" really is. Great scene.

• Like 1

Oh_my_GOD !!!!

I still feel no sympathy for him. My 2 sis-in-laws, bro-in-law and I had this discussion after the episode...

They all felt bad for him. I had to remind them that...he stabbed a King in the back, pushed a 10 year old out a window to his death, and he got Ned, who he tried to kill, arrested which led to is beheading. And just like Brienne pointed out, Jaime now got a taste of what "regular" people have to deal with. Wonder how many people Jaime treated even worse then how he is being treated now. I love Jaime Lannister, he is a great and interesting character.

And yes...Dany is such an awesome character.

I hope she gets the throne!

Edited by ChewiesArmy

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned