Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Paranoid Android

Of course Poderick is the greatest swordsman in the land!

I have to admit, at 1st I didn't really understand what you meant, but then it sank in!

I have to admit, at 1st I didn't really understand what you meant, but then it sank in!

LOL. I don't remember this from the books but then again there are thousands of pages so who knows but the scene with Bronn and Tyrion making the kid sit down and explain things was hilarious. Bronn is a great character and one of my favorites.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I still feel no sympathy for him. My 2 sis-in-laws, bro-in-law and I had this discussion after the episode...

They all felt bad for him. I had to remind them that...he stabbed a King in the back, pushed a 10 year old out a window to his death, and he got Ned, who he tried to kill, arrested which led to is beheading. And just like Brienne pointed out, Jaime now got a taste of what "regular" people have to deal with. Wonder how many people Jaime treated even worse then how he is being treated now. I love Jaime Lannister, he is a great and interesting character.

And yes...Dany is such an awesome character.

I hope she gets the throne!

She must get the throne. Her dragons are practically the only weapon against the white-walkers. And it was her family who defeated them millennia ago

She must get the throne. Her dragons are practically the only weapon against the white-walkers. And it was her family who defeated them millennia ago

They did not really defeated, they just got weak and rebuild slowly. A bit like Sauron

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

LOL. I don't remember this from the books but then again there are thousands of pages so who knows but the scene with Bronn and Tyrion making the kid sit down and explain things was hilarious. Bronn is a great character and one of my favorites.

I'm gonna have to read the rest of the books. I can't take it anymore!

I don't remember it either. It was comical though.

I'm gonna have to read the rest of the books. I can't take it anymore!

The last two books were actually written as a single long book but he kept adding to it so in the end he broke it up into two books with half the characters left out of each one. In one book they advance a period of time and then the last book starts back at the beginning of the first and those characters advance. I can't say I was particularly happy with this but GRR Martin never asked and he runs by his own clock.

Edited by Merc14

All the chatter of the Whores and the sexual prowess of the kid,is hysterical .

• Like 1

These last two episodes have been great and Daenerys army is starting to look pretty damn impressive.

Loved seeing Jaimie open his heart to the Wench.

Loved seeing Jaimie open his heart to the Wench.

If you think it is tough to stay mad at Jamie now just wait! LOL.

GRRM really rehabilitates Jamie as the show goes on and you actually start rooting for him as he fights to rebuild his life, like trying to learn to fight with his sword with Ilyn Payne as the partner. The new relationship with his brother and other things he does make him much more "regal" . Too bad the Jamie to be isn't the Jamie that was but then what kind of show would we have since his evil is responsible for so many plot-lines.

Edited by Merc14

Tywin's handing out the dirty assignment to Cersei after she had enjoyed Tyrion's displeasure was priceless.

• Like 1

Looks like the next couple of episodes are going to be game changers as they are back to following the book in the broadest sense of the word following. Wild ride the next two weeks. :clap:

• Like 1

Tywin's handing out the dirty assignment to Cersei after she had enjoyed Tyrion's displeasure was priceless.

I HATE Tywin....poor Tyrion ....and I hope Cersei dies a horrid death .

I HATE Tywin....poor Tyrion ....and I hope Cersei dies a horrid death .

I wish I could hint at what happens to all three but no way to do it, except for Cersei maybe, without giving it away. Plus not sure what time line they are on but stay tuned, the ride just left the platform. :yes:
  • Like 1

I spent a week out of state visiting relatives, so I'm two episodes behind at the moment. I'm catching up on both of them tonight, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. Might even re-watch episode 3 just to reacquaint myself with what's happening ;)

I spent a week out of state visiting relatives, so I'm two episodes behind at the moment. I'm catching up on both of them tonight, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. Might even re-watch episode 3 just to reacquaint myself with what's happening ;)

I'm two episodes behind as well. I certainly need to catch up!

Argh !!!!!! I need it all at once. Just overload my senses so I can explode .

Well I've caught up with the current episodes. I've been sick for a couple of days (darn flu, it seems is sweeping through my area). So for most of the past 72 hours I've been either in bed or wishing I were in bed. But I woke up this evening and just couldn't get back to sleep, an felt lucid enough to watch some GoT (2 episodes, plus half an episode of the previous, just to catch up). I'm impressed. I am really getting into this season. There have been some amazing scenes -

Lord Beric and Sandor Clegane fighting (particularly considering the Hound's hatred of fire), Danaerys destroying the slave masters, the fall of Jaime Lannister in particular, the march of the Unsullied army out of Astapoor, Robb Stark's mistake in beheading Rickard Karstark

And more. I am somewhat surprised though, that considering the wealth of material that is being left out of the books that the creators would choose to add several story lines to the series that were not ever in the original. I don't want to give away the book, so I'll leave that there. Even spoiler tags wont' change things if you haven't read the books. But in saying that, I'm enjoying several of the new story arcs. Quite surprising (satisfyingly so).

• Like 1

And more. I am somewhat surprised though, that considering the wealth of material that is being left out of the books that the creators would choose to add several story lines to the series that were not ever in the original. I don't want to give away the book, so I'll leave that there. Even spoiler tags wont' change things if you haven't read the books. But in saying that, I'm enjoying several of the new story arcs. Quite surprising (satisfyingly so).

Makes me wonder if the producers are preparing for the show to catch up to the books.

Edited by ChewiesArmy

The Danaerys scene was one of, if not the best in the series so far.

Her confirming that the unsullied were sworn to her and then unleashing them on their wretched former owners was awesome, The slave master really made you hate him for the last two weeks, superb acting on his part, so that when he got roasted alive you had to stand up and cheer. Great stuff.

Well I've caught up with the current episodes. I've been sick for a couple of days (darn flu, it seems is sweeping through my area). So for most of the past 72 hours I've been either in bed or wishing I were in bed. But I woke up this evening and just couldn't get back to sleep, an felt lucid enough to watch some GoT (2 episodes, plus half an episode of the previous, just to catch up). I'm impressed. I am really getting into this season. There have been some amazing scenes -

Lord Beric and Sandor Clegane fighting (particularly considering the Hound's hatred of fire), Danaerys destroying the slave masters, the fall of Jaime Lannister in particular, the march of the Unsullied army out of Astapoor, Robb Stark's mistake in beheading Rickard Karstark

It's pretty much the same with any books that have turned to film.

The Danaerys scene was one of, if not the best in the series so far.

Her confirming that the unsullied were sworn to her and then unleashing them on their wretched former owners was awesome, The slave master really made you hate him for the last two weeks, superb acting on his part, so that when he got roasted alive you had to stand up and cheer. Great stuff.

Every season seems to have one scene that just blows your mind.

Season one had a few,but nothing compared to Tyrions defeat of the ship armada in season two .I whooped and rewound that scene ,and then for this season ,I suspect there will be more than one of these scenes,given Danaerys already stole the show ,before even the half way point .

WH00P !

I really thought that when Sam

showed the blade we'd see him finally confront a white walker. I guess they are waiting to show that. This episode was all about set up for the massive upheavals I am now certain will be shown this season.

I so love the acting in this show that it makes every episode a gem. Can't wait for *snip* and at the same time don't want to see it but I am sure now that it will be this season.

Edited by Paranoid Android
Removed book spoiler
  • Like 1

I really thought that when Sam

showed the blade we'd see him finally confront a white walker. I guess they are waiting to show that. This episode was all about set up for the massive upheavals I am now certain will be shown this season.

I so love the acting in this show that it makes every episode a gem. Can't wait for *snip* and at the same time don't want to see it but I am sure now that it will be this season.

Just be careful you're not giving away plot lines to people who haven't read the books, Merc. People who haven't read the books but seen show will still click on your Spoiler tag and find out something that they don't know is coming. Same for the snipped bit - there are things I'm sure people don't want to know about. I'm sure it will be this season, but just for those who don't know what's coming, this may not be the best place to discuss it. Edited by Paranoid Android

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned