Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Link of Hyrule

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

This may sound crazy but I think Jaqen has been planning Arya's moves all along and he will be back in the final season.

It wouldn't surprise me as far as Jaqen is concerned. There's got to be more to Arya's story than meets the eye. I remember the theory that was once floating about, that Jaqen was really Syrio Forel. These men did appear to have things in common with Arya, as they both seemed to look out for her, and also trained her to fight. Also, as far as I'm aware, no body actually knew what became of Syrio. It was simply presumed that he had been killed and disposed of. 

• Like 1

The problem is that in the books, Jaqen is in Oldtown (apparently looking for "something"....) and it was the Kindly Man who oversees Aryas training.

My big question is ... how exactly does Ayra wear faces, because they're poison to people who aren't no one. 

29 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My big question is ... how exactly does Ayra wear faces, because they're poison to people who aren't no one. 

On the show I think it's basically "mysterious magic". I hope the books explain the magic and how she learns it a bit better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

On the show I think it's basically "mysterious magic". I hope the books explain the magic and how she learns it a bit better.

The explanations that leap to mind are either the magic they used to cure her prevents the faces from poisoning her again, or she's learnt how to disassociate herself from her actions - she's no one when she wears the faces.

theres an idea in the Warhammer 40k novels of a "War Mask", it's a psychological barrier that allows the psychic and deeply emotional Eldar from being turned into either gibbering wrecks because of the violence or start lusting after violence (it doesn't allays work, sometimes they can't take the mask "off" and end up only as violent monsters). Wearing their masks (which are states of minds, not actual masks) they don't feel emotions, they're seperate from themselves, they're just tools (one character actually comes across their mother who is gearing up for a war and is wearing her War mask and at first doesn't recognise her, and later is terrified of her because of how unemotional she is). 

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The explanations that leap to mind are either the magic they used to cure her prevents the faces from poisoning her again, or she's learnt how to disassociate herself from her actions - she's no one when she wears the faces.

I wasn't aware that Arya was once poisoned by wearing a face. Was this in the books ?.. or maybe I missed something in the series.

You know, I feel that she doesn't really disassociate herself as being 'No One' when she kills those who have wronged her and her family. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and enjoys taking out her revenge (I can't really blame her either)...

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

It also seemed to me that Jaqen sort of took Arya under his wing when she was training under his watchful eye...and I think that may have been one of the possible reasons why the Waif hated her and bullied her so much...as she was probably full of jealousy. 

Anyway, I wonder if Arya will now use LittleF's  identity for some purpose in the future, now that he is dead ? 

11 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I wasn't aware that Arya was once poisoned by wearing a face. Was this in the books ?.. or maybe I missed something in the series.

You know, I feel that she doesn't really disassociate herself as being 'No One' when she kills those who have wronged her and her family. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and enjoys taking out her revenge (I can't really blame her either)...

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

It also seemed to me that Jaqen sort of took Arya under his wing when she was training under his watchful eye...and I think that may have been one of the possible reasons why the Waif hated her and bullied her so much...as she was probably full of jealousy. 

Anyway, I wonder if Arya will now use LittleF's  identity for some purpose in the future, now that he is dead ? 

I'd say definitely except his death was pretty public and I would guess the word has gotten out by now, via ravens, so she'd be risking her safety.

Edited by Merc14

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'd say definitely except his death was pretty public and I would guess the word has gotten out by now, via ravens, so she'd be risking her safety.

Yeah, that's true. Word travels like wild fire throughout the lands of GoT with the ravens. 

Just now, Astra. said:

Yeah, that's true. Word travels like wild fire throughout the lands of GoT with the ravens. 

Especially this season with the "time travel" and all.  :D

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

Especially this season with the "time travel" and all.  :D

:w00t:..

42 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Maybe the abilities are real and trainable but the rules are bs.

4 hours ago, F3SS said:

Maybe the abilities are real and trainable but the rules are bs.

images_22.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astra. said:

When sure wore a face to kill Merryn Trant, she was told (just before she went blind) that wearing faces when you're not no one is poison.

14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

When sure wore a face to kill Merryn Trant, she was told (just before she went blind) that wearing faces when you're not no one is poison.

Oh ok, thanks Hats. I just looked it up. I'd forgotten the actual dialogue after Jaqen said to her....

"And to 'someone', the faces are as good as poison"...

So I take it, that after killing Trant without permission...she went blind as a side effect for stealing the face, but it wasn't intended to be a punishment. Meanwhile, someone else had to die by taking poison, as to balance things out ?...so was that the woman that Arya was suppose to poison, but she failed...so instead the Waif poisoned her ?.. I hope Iv'e got that right. From what I've gathered the book explains things a little differently....as she was deliberately blinded for training purposes. Ugh! talk about confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

In June I shut down my cable.

FREEDUMB!

Then I got a fire stick. 

I watched all seven seasons of GT in about 4 weeks. Not kidding.

Best TV program of all time.

Time for re-runs.

• Like 1

Here's just a random thought for the last season of the show. What if the white walkers are a red herring and are defeated in the first two or three episodes. Their only true purpose being to weaken the north enough to allow Cersie to "win" the game of thrones. It would allow for a cruel (albeit somewhat satisfying / realistic) ending to the show in the theme of "the good guys " don't allows win just because they are "good". :)

10 minutes ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Here's just a random thought for the last season of the show. What if the white walkers are a red herring and are defeated in the first two or three episodes. Their only true purpose being to weaken the north enough to allow Cersie to "win" the game of thrones. It would allow for a cruel (albeit somewhat satisfying / realistic) ending to the show in the theme of "the good guys " don't allows win just because they are "good". :)

Not  chance because there are two more books to come.  Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it.  :D

• Like 1

On 07/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

It’s what I’d love to see - one of the major plot lines ending in a massive anticlimax. 

Either the Walkers getting stomped, or Cersei eaten by Drogo or whatever.  Something laughably short.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I jumped on the game of thrones band wagon about 4 months ago, and power watched the whole damn thing. Honestly Im glad I continued to watch, cause after the first 2 seasons I thought it sucked. But it got really good.

Anyhow I have a question. The first 6 seasons all had 10 episodes. On my fire stick, season 7 only has 7 episodes so far, at least on my fire stick. Am I missing 3 episodes? Is there more then 7 seasons? What up wit dat? I feel like I'm being short changed here.

Edited by preacherman76

16 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok so I jumped on the game of thrones band wagon about 4 months ago, and power watched the whole damn thing. Honestly Im glad I continued to watch, cause after the first 2 seasons I thought it sucked. But it got really good.

Anyhow I have a question. The first 6 seasons all had 10 episodes. On my fire stick, season 7 only has 7 episodes so far, at least on my fire stick. Am I missing 3 episodes? Is there more then 7 seasons? What up wit dat? I feel like I'm being short changed here.

Nope, season 7 only had seven episodes but some were longer to much longer than regular episodes.  Season 8, the final season, will actually have even fewer episodes if all goes as announced.  

• The topic was unpinned