Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Link of Hyrule

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I was wondering what had happened to Jorah the Explorer

Who cares ? His niece (?) Lyanna "The Kingmaker" Mormont is much cooler than Jorah could ever hope to be. :tu:

http://youtu.be/tSqaSdZd-ww

• Like 1

Diana Riggs is the only actress on earth to make me care about Dorne again.  Just sayin'

The music on this episode was amazing and deserves an emmy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yes I remember. I think Tyrion would be far to predictable as GRRM likes to add the unexpected 'twists' to his story telling.

I still find it difficult to imagine Jamie being the one to kill her tho. Idk - maybe that scenario would also be a little to obvious ?

What has been bugging me - is the prophecy said...... 

"The valongar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you" 

It's 'the' valongar - not 'your' valongar. So I'm wondering if that could be open to another interpretation ? 
The prophecy does not necessarily have to be literal....or does it ?.....anyway's just a thought.

I don't quite hold this belief myself,, but maybe it could be a brother of the Night's Watch?

8 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

More specifically the prophesy was that she would be killed by her little brother.

Hide contents

From the books we know that Jamie was born a few minutes after Cersei, so he is technically her little brother. That way he can brag about killing both the mad king and the mad queen. :tu:

True, this is why Qyburn named her 'first of her name' when proclaiming her queen.

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

You forget the prophecy. The prophecy is what has motivated Cersei for so long. It is one of the reasons she hates Tyrion so much, because she was predicted to have been killed by her "little brother" and she is also told she will be Queen but will be replaced by a woman younger and more beautiful. (Which she thinks is Margery, but is actually Dany) Anyway, she always hated Marg because of that, she will never be cool with her.

Dude you are so on point with your interpretations!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

It was superb acting and a very special moment between the two of them. They understand each other so very well. They have formed such a trusting friendship and bond. It was great to see.

I cried. No, seriously, I had tears I had to wipe away (always happens with Dany's big plot developments). :cry:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't quite hold this belief myself,, but maybe it could be a brother of the Night's Watch?

Hmm - a brother from the Nights Watch ? yes I guess it's possible.

Something else just occurred to me also in regards to the prophecy.

ie; "the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

As above....hands ?.....technically speaking...Jamie has only got... one functioning hand.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I cried. No, seriously, I had tears I had to wipe away (always happens with Dany's big plot developments). :cry:

Aww.....well I'll try and take you seriously EMM :yes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Diana Riggs is the only actress on earth to make me care about Dorne again.  Just sayin'

The music on this episode was amazing and deserves an emmy

Hahaha I feel like Olenna shutting up the Sand Snakes was like..pure fan service. When we saw Dorne we all groaned, but cheered when Olenna shut all those girls up. 

I also love how great it is to see the Tyrells and Martells uniting to support Dany. In the book a lot of time is spent to nail in the fact that these two families HATE each other. Tyrion, when planning Joffreys wedding, went through great pains to make sure the two factions were are far away from one another as possible. They especially hate Prince Oberyn because in the books he accidentally paralyzed the heir to Highgarden who doesn't appear in the show. 

7 hours ago, Astra. said:

ie; "the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

As above....hands ?.....technically speaking...Jamie has only got... one functioning hand.

Oohhhh I like this. Honestly, I keep going back and forth in my head trying to determine who is the person who has the most right to kill Cersei. Sansa because of everything Cersei put her through? Tyrion because she really screwed him over every chance she got? Jamie because she really betrayed his wishes? Arya because well..the list.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Astra. said:

30 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Oohhhh I like this. Honestly, I keep going back and forth in my head trying to determine who is the person who has the most right to kill Cersei. Sansa because of everything Cersei put her through? Tyrion because she really screwed him over every chance she got? Jamie because she really betrayed his wishes? Arya because well..the list.

How about this, the word "valonqar" is high Valyrian which may indicate a Targaryen will kill her and they are HIS hands........so Jon or maybe even Tyrion (if he is the b****** son of the mad king)?  

• Like 1

If you're wondering  wondering how in the hell they created the Battle of the b******* watch this, it is mesmerizing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Merc14 said:

How about this, the word "valonqar" is high Valyrian which may indicate a Targaryen will kill her and they are HIS hands........so Jon or maybe even Tyrion (if he is the b****** son of the mad king)?  

Idk - but for some strange reason I can't imagine Jon strangling a woman - it just doesn't seem to be his style. I could be totally wrong though.

Mind you - Tyrion has strangled before ...remember Shae?

The only thing is - would the author repeat this incident again by using the same character and being a tad obvious in future unfolding of the story - by using Tyrion as inferring "little brother" in the prophecy ?

8 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Ironic would be if The Mountain kills Cersei.

I wonder if it might be 'the little brother' of the zombie Frankenstein aka; The Mountain.

Could it be the Hound ?....there certainly isn't much love loss between him and Cersei. She called him a coward and a traitor for going AWOL against the Lannister's once.... and Tywin put a bounty on his head. He also detests his big brother - so he might kill him as well if he gets the chance.

Anyway - are some of these things enough to give him motive ? 

I was actually aiming for humor in using 'ironic.' Certainly, The Hound has plenty of motive, but I think Arya will slide Needle across Cersei's throat in the series finale. 

How cool would it be if time-travelling Bran somehow turned out to be Bran the Builder?

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

How cool would it be if time-travelling Bran somehow turned out to be Bran the Builder?

Bran the Builder, can we fix it?

Bran the Builder, YES WE CAN!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I was actually aiming for humor in using 'ironic.

Is that right ?..then maybe you should make your 'humor' a little more transparent.

3 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I think Arya will slide Needle across Cersei's throat in the series finale. 

Is that more humor ?...The only way I see Arya involved with Cersie's demise... is if she comes disguised as 'the little brother'.

There was also no mention of a blade being used in the prophecy.

Anyone else think that the blonde Dragon Lady (cannot spell her name for the life of me :( ) will end up being the real "evil" villain of this series. I mean (with winter approaching) she's going to land a wanna-be horde of mongols and wanna-be spartans and mercenaries into the seven kingdoms, who will cause how much damage and havoc to an already battle ravaged land? How many tens of thousands will her actions kill?

Personally, I think it'd be a fitting "final twist" for the series if she becomes the true villain after all this, with either Jon or Jamie being the "true hero" lol. 

Just my three cents. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Anyone else think that the blonde Dragon Lady (cannot spell her name for the life of me :( ) will end up being the real "evil" villain of this series. I mean (with winter approaching) she's going to land a wanna-be horde of mongols and wanna-be spartans and mercenaries into the seven kingdoms, who will cause how much damage and havoc to an already battle ravaged land? How many tens of thousands will her actions kill?

Personally, I think it'd be a fitting "final twist" for the series if she becomes the true villain after all this, with either Jon or Jamie being the "true hero" lol. 

Just my three cents. Cheers.

I think it is very possible.  She has show herself to be utterly ruthless but that seems a necessity in this world but when she does act ruthlessly it is usually to punish some very bad people soooo.

On 08/07/2016 at 9:26 AM, Bavarian Raven said:

Anyone else think that the blonde Dragon Lady (cannot spell her name for the life of me :( ) will end up being the real "evil" villain of this series.

Oh - so you see the Mother of Dragons (Daenerys or sometimes known as Khaleesi) as evil ? :huh:

Sure... she has been known to be brutal and certainly intolerant to those who have wronged her and whom have caused much pain and sadistic cruelty to those who were not deserving of such savage treatment.

But her being 'evil' ?...gosh no. She can also be very fair and show great compassion when the need for this arises.

She is simply a strong and brave woman - who goes after what she wants and what she feels she is entitled to.

Anyway - looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series unfolds - I doubt very much there will be one dull moment :-*

• 3 months later...

For my next prediction in the Game of Thrones saga,

Dany will come to Westeros with her great army, navy and air force.   Massive violence, loss of life and damage will ensue, and the veneer of her righteousness and goodness is going to come off like a paint job.  "I'll tear down their walls and rape their women and yada yada..." her husband once promised while she stood there in smug approval of it is going to be the way things go down, Drogo not required.

Those Pope-white dresses and that snow white hair, even the virtue and morality that she's shown before like with freeing the slaves etc., the strength of her will and the intelligent choices she's made with her counsel, will all go out the window when large groups of people start destroying one another over this claim or the other claim to the Iron Throne.  She'll be at odds with Tyrion Lannister.  She'll be at odds with Missandei, Jorah Mormont and Sir Barristan's ghost.   I predict a big gut check for Tyrion Lannister when it becomes clear he's going to have to choose between his queen and his brother.

"The root of tyranny is the desire to control others."  

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from the politics that we've seen being played out in Game Of Thrones.

It was interesting to read what the author George R.R. Martin had to say about today's current politics in regards to the new president-elect.

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-r-r-martin-reacts-to-trump-victory-with-famous-quote-2016-11?IR=T

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned