Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones

Link of Hyrule

FINALLY Sam get his moment. Well done with

the ravens and all. I didn't think they were going to skip it as they have made a big deal of the weapons but I was starting to get worried. Sam is important to the story and I am glad they finally gave him the scene we have been waiting for. The hound and Arya was perfect and my wife was "Finally smething good is happening to one of these poor kids. I kept my mouth shut. :whistle: ,

Once again and as usual, Peter Dinklage shows us all what great acting is. A lot of great cating throughout this show, truly wonderful, but Dinklage is amazing. Joffrey really is a b******, I am so waiting for...

edit: Is it just me or does this show seem to be only 20 minutes long? My Dad was watching for the first time, not a clue what is going on but hooked and said "Is that all?" I said "Dad, when an hour seems like 20 minutes they are doing it right."

I *hhhaaatttee* Joffrey . I haven't read the books,but he was cursed with bloated leeches so ....

I am gleeful he will suffer ,soon ...very soon

• Like 1

I quoted Tyrion Lannister in my journalism exam today :D

• Like 2

I quoted Tyrion Lannister in my journalism exam today :D

What line? Iit'll be interesting to see if the prof knows the line

Edited by Merc14

It was from Clash of Kings...

'People often claim to hunger for the truth, but seldom like the taste when its served up'

I'm sure I'll get brownie points if the prof is a GoT fan

• Like 1

542237_528086593888298_1228099323_n.jpg:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • Like 1

Has the *snip* been on?

Edited by Paranoid Android
Removed plot line spoiler

Has the *snip* been on?

not yet

edited quote

Folks, another reminder - not everyone who watches the tv show has read the books. Please refrain from talking about events that haven't happened in the show. We don't want to ruin the show for people who don't know what's about to come. Thanks,

• Like 1

Cersei is completely losing it. I can't remember an episode where every scene she was trying to outdo herself with something even more shocking. Tywin is right. She lost control of her little devil a long time ago. She didn't win the respect of her father and has little part to play in the legacy of her household. She did have somewhat of a decent claim on her family's inheritance or so she would think, with Jaime devoted to the Kingsguard and unable to marry or inherit, and Tyrion being the wobbling monstrosity that she thinks he is.

Arya's now hanging out with one of the people from her Death List. Maybe she'll be slower to dole out death and punishment from now on after she realizes her mistake in judgment based on her incomplete command of the facts.

Sansa's virtue is still intact the morning after her wedding night! It's almost unbelievable she's remained pure the whole time granted what nightmares she's been through.

I think Lord Karstark was right, Robb lost the war when he married that girl.

Jaime's a good guy now!? It's amazing what losing one's most important appendage will do to a man. Just ask Varys!

Jon Snow knows something else too... how to use his tongue! Not that he had any practice, he's just a natural I guess. Ygritte was wrong about him. Was seeing them kissing on the Wall together not the most epic scene in fantasy history?

• Like 4

Good post Yamato

Cersei is completely losing it. I can't remember an episode where every scene she was trying to outdo herself with something even more shocking. Tywin is right. She lost control of her little devil a long time ago. She didn't win the respect of her father and has little part to play in the legacy of her household. She did have somewhat of a decent claim on her family's inheritance or so she would think, with Jaime devoted to the Kingsguard and unable to marry or inherit, and Tyrion being the wobbling monstrosity that she thinks he is.

You can almost see the venom dripping out of her. A truly nasty and bitter woman.

Arya's now hanging out with one of the people from her Death List. Maybe she'll be slower to dole out death and punishment from now on after she realizes her mistake in judgment based on her incomplete command of the facts.

Arya's story becomes one of the most interesting IMHO.

Sansa's virtue is still intact the morning after her wedding night! It's almost unbelievable she's remained pure the whole time granted what nightmares she's been through.

I think Lord Karstark was right, Robb lost the war when he married that girl.

Sansa reminded us all she is only 14. I think the age of his characters was a mistake on GRRM's part and he has said as much. Dinklage's face when she said her age should get him another Emmy (is that the right award? I am clueless on that stuff) just for that. His performance was heartbreaking and when he stabbed the knife into the table I was as angry as him at the little monster. Good lord that man can act.

Jaime's a good guy now!? It's amazing what losing one's most important appendage will do to a man. Just ask Varys!

:tu:

Jon Snow knows something else too... how to use his tongue! Not that he had any practice, he's just a natural I guess. Ygritte was wrong about him. Was seeing them kissing on the Wall together not the most epic scene in fantasy history?

Poderick is the same story. This seems to be something the directors enjoy dropping in the scene.

Edited by Merc14

Good post Yamato

You can almost see the venom dripping out of her. A truly nasty and bitter woman.

Arya's story becomes one of the most interesting IMHO.

Sansa reminded us all she is only 14. I think the age of his characters was a mistake on GRRM's part and he has said as much. Dinklage's face when she said her age should get him another Emmy (is that the right award? I am clueless on that stuff) just for that. His performance was heartbreaking and when he stabbed the knife into the table I was as angry as him at the little monster. Good lord that man can act.

:tu:

Poderick is the same story. This seems to be something the directors enjoy dropping in the scene.

HBO shamelessly tosses sex and sexuality into so many scenes, but that's true in all of their series isn't it?

Dinklage is just amazing. I don't think I've ever said that about an actor before.

Yeah, Cersei is a toxic character but she's enduring losses from all angles, loss of her power, her lover, her father, her son, her title, her legacy, her freedom to choose her life for herself. How can you be the perfect queen when everything around you that you loved or counted on is crumbling around you? I admired her for how well she tolerated Robert. And if all that wasn't enough there's now a poisonous jealousy to contend with. I think Margery is everything Cersei should be as queen but isn't.

• Like 1

I agree with your whole statement but can't ever disagree with beautiful woman showing some skin, sorry, and the books are very sexual/ sensual in nature. You have to read the books, Yamato, as I think you would enjoy them immensely. Get a kindle and dig in, I think you will be happy with the purchase. It won't, in any way, ruin the series. They are immensely long , however and you won't have any answers.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on the latest episode? I'd like to discuss but I don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

I agree with your whole statement but can't ever disagree with beautiful woman showing some skin, sorry, and the books are very sexual/ sensual in nature. You have to read the books, Yamato, as I think you would enjoy them immensely. Get a kindle and dig in, I think you will be happy with the purchase. It won't, in any way, ruin the series. They are immensely long , however and you won't have any answers.

I read the books before the show. They reveal truth that the show does not. Take Jaime Lannister from episode one, season one. He seems to flippantly toss Bran from the window when the fact of the matter is, if that kid squealed, Jaime was a dead man and the Seven have mercy on Cersei for what Robert would have done with her. He also says "The things I do for love." which sounded so callous in the show, when the fact of the matter is, he really does love Cersei. The only woman he's ever loved and the only woman he's ever had sex with his entire life. The shows are finally revealing the complexity in these relationships and are finally showing the complexity of Jaime's character in a fuller light. As enjoyable as the first three books were, book four was a big disappointment and I hear the same problems with five that I experienced in four, mainly the plot grinding to a crawl if not a halt despite the 1000 page lengths. He either needs to write several times faster, or wrap this story up in a vastly accelerated plot than what he's decelerated into. The shows are fast overtaking the books and unfortunately will never finish the story as these actors will be too aged to continue when the time comes (and Martin may well die before completing them).

• Like 1

That's one of the things I fear, Martin dying before completing the series.

• Like 1

Dear God that last episode had some awesome points. Peter Dinklage is by far the star of the show, his acting is absolutely amazing. His

portrayal of Tyrion during the wedding scene, when he digs the knife into the table and threatens Joffrey was simply superb.

The other great scene - Samwell walking outside with all those crows going crazy, then suddenly silence before the White Walker attacks.

Amazing. My only gripe - I was shocked how short the episode was. It took me turning on the timer to note that 57 minutes had gone by. If I didn't sit through it, I wouldn't have believed it! I would have sworn I'd been watching for 15-20 minutes only.

• Like 3

I've been on holiday so I was able to come back and watch three episodes in a row! Flew by though...

I've said it before but Daenerys army is awesome. Can't wait until she unleashes her power.

Robb Stark has been a huge letdown IMO. Making mistakes left, right and centre.

I missed the first 10 minutes, but I really enjoyed the last episode. The last scene was especially great though, it had me sitting on the edge of the couch! And then yelling because...

Sam dropped the blade and left it when they ran off?! Was it just me or did that really happen? It seems like something you would want to keep handy...lol

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

I missed the first 10 minutes, but I really enjoyed the last episode. The last scene was especially great though, it had me sitting on the edge of the couch! And then yelling because...

Sam dropped the blade and left it when they ran off?! Was it just me or did that really happen? It seems like something you would want to keep handy...lol

Yeah I was shouting the same thing at the TV...uhhh Sam, after you notice what just happened, pick that thing up, and take it with you! I can understand they were both scared out of their wits especially with that flock of crows flying after them, but still.

• Like 1

Everyone at my house was yelling the same thing but I think he has a whole bag full of the obsidian or "dragonglass" weapons. Anyways, I am glad Sam had his big day.

• Like 2

Yes. I read about it. This is so not fair :cry:

LINK, for when a simple No simply does not cut it anymore :(
  • Like 4

HBO is airing it's bio of "Liberace" starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in that time slot.

I won't be watching.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned