Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 18
Paranoid Android

Game of Thrones

2,173 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

This may sound crazy but I think Jaqen has been planning Arya's moves all along and he will be back in the final season.

It wouldn't surprise me as far as Jaqen is concerned. There's got to be more to Arya's story than meets the eye. I remember the theory that was once floating about, that Jaqen was really Syrio Forel. These men did appear to have things in common with Arya, as they both seemed to look out for her, and also trained her to fight. Also, as far as I'm aware, no body actually knew what became of Syrio. It was simply presumed that he had been killed and disposed of. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The problem is that in the books, Jaqen is in Oldtown (apparently looking for "something"....) and it was the Kindly Man who oversees Aryas training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big question is ... how exactly does Ayra wear faces, because they're poison to people who aren't no one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

My big question is ... how exactly does Ayra wear faces, because they're poison to people who aren't no one. 

On the show I think it's basically "mysterious magic". I hope the books explain the magic and how she learns it a bit better.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

On the show I think it's basically "mysterious magic". I hope the books explain the magic and how she learns it a bit better.

The explanations that leap to mind are either the magic they used to cure her prevents the faces from poisoning her again, or she's learnt how to disassociate herself from her actions - she's no one when she wears the faces.

 

theres an idea in the Warhammer 40k novels of a "War Mask", it's a psychological barrier that allows the psychic and deeply emotional Eldar from being turned into either gibbering wrecks because of the violence or start lusting after violence (it doesn't allays work, sometimes they can't take the mask "off" and end up only as violent monsters). Wearing their masks (which are states of minds, not actual masks) they don't feel emotions, they're seperate from themselves, they're just tools (one character actually comes across their mother who is gearing up for a war and is wearing her War mask and at first doesn't recognise her, and later is terrified of her because of how unemotional she is). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The explanations that leap to mind are either the magic they used to cure her prevents the faces from poisoning her again, or she's learnt how to disassociate herself from her actions - she's no one when she wears the faces.

I wasn't aware that Arya was once poisoned by wearing a face. Was this in the books ?.. or maybe I missed something in the series.

You know, I feel that she doesn't really disassociate herself as being 'No One' when she kills those who have wronged her and her family. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and enjoys taking out her revenge (I can't really blame her either)...

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

It also seemed to me that Jaqen sort of took Arya under his wing when she was training under his watchful eye...and I think that may have been one of the possible reasons why the Waif hated her and bullied her so much...as she was probably full of jealousy. 

Anyway, I wonder if Arya will now use LittleF's  identity for some purpose in the future, now that he is dead ? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Astra. said:

I wasn't aware that Arya was once poisoned by wearing a face. Was this in the books ?.. or maybe I missed something in the series.

You know, I feel that she doesn't really disassociate herself as being 'No One' when she kills those who have wronged her and her family. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and enjoys taking out her revenge (I can't really blame her either)...

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

It also seemed to me that Jaqen sort of took Arya under his wing when she was training under his watchful eye...and I think that may have been one of the possible reasons why the Waif hated her and bullied her so much...as she was probably full of jealousy. 

Anyway, I wonder if Arya will now use LittleF's  identity for some purpose in the future, now that he is dead ? 

 

 

 

I'd say definitely except his death was pretty public and I would guess the word has gotten out by now, via ravens, so she'd be risking her safety.

Edited by Merc14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'd say definitely except his death was pretty public and I would guess the word has gotten out by now, via ravens, so she'd be risking her safety.

Yeah, that's true. Word travels like wild fire throughout the lands of GoT with the ravens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Astra. said:

Yeah, that's true. Word travels like wild fire throughout the lands of GoT with the ravens. 

Especially this season with the "time travel" and all.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

Especially this season with the "time travel" and all.  :D

:w00t:..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Astra. said:

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

Maybe the abilities are real and trainable but the rules are bs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, F3SS said:

Maybe the abilities are real and trainable but the rules are bs.

images_22.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Astra. said:

I wasn't aware that Arya was once poisoned by wearing a face. Was this in the books ?.. or maybe I missed something in the series.

You know, I feel that she doesn't really disassociate herself as being 'No One' when she kills those who have wronged her and her family. I think she knows exactly what she is doing, and enjoys taking out her revenge (I can't really blame her either)...

What I don't quite understand yet, is why she is allowed to continue to use this power / magic of the faces, when she chose instead to keep her identity, and not play by the strict rules and what is expected of the Many-faced-God religion.

It also seemed to me that Jaqen sort of took Arya under his wing when she was training under his watchful eye...and I think that may have been one of the possible reasons why the Waif hated her and bullied her so much...as she was probably full of jealousy. 

Anyway, I wonder if Arya will now use LittleF's  identity for some purpose in the future, now that he is dead ? 

 

 

 

When sure wore a face to kill Merryn Trant, she was told (just before she went blind) that wearing faces when you're not no one is poison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

When sure wore a face to kill Merryn Trant, she was told (just before she went blind) that wearing faces when you're not no one is poison.

Oh ok, thanks Hats. I just looked it up. I'd forgotten the actual dialogue after Jaqen said to her....

"And to 'someone', the faces are as good as poison"...

So I take it, that after killing Trant without permission...she went blind as a side effect for stealing the face, but it wasn't intended to be a punishment. Meanwhile, someone else had to die by taking poison, as to balance things out ?...so was that the woman that Arya was suppose to poison, but she failed...so instead the Waif poisoned her ?.. I hope Iv'e got that right. From what I've gathered the book explains things a little differently....as she was deliberately blinded for training purposes. Ugh! talk about confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image may contain: meme and text

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:D

Image may contain: 6 people, meme and text

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

images_44.jpg

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In June I shut down my cable.

FREEDUMB!

Then I got a fire stick. 

I watched all seven seasons of GT in about 4 weeks. Not kidding.

Best TV program of all time.

 

 

Time for re-runs.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s one hell of a series binge Will.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's just a random thought for the last season of the show. What if the white walkers are a red herring and are defeated in the first two or three episodes. Their only true purpose being to weaken the north enough to allow Cersie to "win" the game of thrones. It would allow for a cruel (albeit somewhat satisfying / realistic) ending to the show in the theme of "the good guys " don't allows win just because they are "good". :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Here's just a random thought for the last season of the show. What if the white walkers are a red herring and are defeated in the first two or three episodes. Their only true purpose being to weaken the north enough to allow Cersie to "win" the game of thrones. It would allow for a cruel (albeit somewhat satisfying / realistic) ending to the show in the theme of "the good guys " don't allows win just because they are "good". :)

Not  chance because there are two more books to come.  Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it.  :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2017 at 0:47 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

Here's just a random thought for the last season of the show. What if the white walkers are a red herring and are defeated in the first two or three episodes. Their only true purpose being to weaken the north enough to allow Cersie to "win" the game of thrones. It would allow for a cruel (albeit somewhat satisfying / realistic) ending to the show in the theme of "the good guys " don't allows win just because they are "good". :)

It’s what I’d love to see - one of the major plot lines ending in a massive anticlimax. 

Either the Walkers getting stomped, or Cersei eaten by Drogo or whatever.  Something laughably short.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 18

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.