Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul wins CPAC Straw Poll

acidhead

March 16, 2013

Rand Paul wins CPAC Straw Poll.

http://firstread.nbc...ose-second?lite

By NBC's Domenico Montanaro

CPAC stands with Rand.

“Torch of liberty” scion Rand Paul was the choice of the plurality of conservatives at the Conservative Political Action Conference, as Paul won the much-hyped straw poll with 25 percent. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio was a close second with 23 percent.

continued...

Edited by acidhead

:clap::tsu:

I was really excited to see that! I voted for Ron Paul in the last election, and I will definitely be voting for Rand Paul come 2016.

Hopefully, we will still have a country come 2016...But that's a WHOLE other subject......

I think it's funny that many of the "lame stream media" refer to Rand as a Libertarian...he is not a Libertarian...he is a Republican with some Libertarian ideals...His daddy was a Libertarian at one point and turned to the GOP to get recognition. If Rand wants my vote in the future, he's going to have to denounce the two party paradigm and actually "BE" a Libertarian. I seriously doubt he is going to do that.

I would consider voting for Rand if and only if he clarifies his position on some serious "libertarian" principles...I have not observed this yet. He scored major points with me for his filibuster...but he still has a way to go. I am not going to easily forget he threw his daddy under the bus and endorsed Romney....I still have a stone in my gizzard over that one...

• Like 2

I think it's funny that many of the "lame stream media" refer to Rand as a Libertarian...he is not a Libertarian...he is a Republican with some Libertarian ideals...His daddy was a Libertarian at one point and turned to the GOP to get recognition. If Rand wants my vote in the future, he's going to have to denounce the two party paradigm and actually "BE" a Libertarian. I seriously doubt he is going to do that.

I would consider voting for Rand if and only if he clarifies his position on some serious "libertarian" principles...I have not observed this yet. He scored major points with me for his filibuster...but he still has a way to go. I am not going to easily forget he threw his daddy under the bus and endorsed Romney....I still have a stone in my gizzard over that one...

He will remain a Republican to keep his voice in the arena. No third party is going to be strong enough anytime soon to overcome the 2 party system. While the Libertarians are trying they are just going to guarantee a Democrat majority for several election cycles I think. In fact if Rand, Ron or any other person takes 5% or more in the next presidential election, I believe we will be inaugurating Hillary Clinton as the next president. What she will have left to govern over remains to be seen though.

He's reforming the Republican party from within rather than losing all political capital by sniping at it from without. Different strategy. Infinitely more effective historically. He does have libertarian principles. He doesn't have to be every man's version of the perfect libertarian to be voteworthy. There are many different kinds of libertarian. It's a loose term it's not a concrete box. If the argument is that he doesn't have principle, I think the answer is that he might have another principle that conflicts with the principle that's identified. He's not his father, but if he's not voteworthy, who is, and what have they done to win our trust?

• Like 1

He will remain a Republican to keep his voice in the arena. No third party is going to be strong enough anytime soon to overcome the 2 party system. While the Libertarians are trying they are just going to guarantee a Democrat majority for several election cycles I think. In fact if Rand, Ron or any other person takes 5% or more in the next presidential election, I believe we will be inaugurating Hillary Clinton as the next president. What she will have left to govern over remains to be seen though.

Oh God that is a scary thought....I actually don't think Hilary is going to do it...she's climbing up there in age..."Wild Bill" might want her to as he is such a **** for attention...but I honestly don't think she could survive the demands...it would kill her and I think he and she knows this. Better pay close attention to who she chooses as a VP...that might well be your pres if she wins. Same prob McCain had....

We as a people need to seriously examine what it is we want from our Gov. I want my Gov to provide opportunity, not control. There is a huge difference. Many folks think the Gov is here to take care of them and for me, I think the Gov is here to take care of the backdrop....make sure I have quality bridges and roads to transport my products on....but I digress, I am not going to argue over what I think a Gov should be about.

He's reforming the Republican party from within rather than losing all political capital by sniping at it from without. Different strategy. Infinitely more effective historically. He does have libertarian principles. He doesn't have to be every man's version of the perfect libertarian to be voteworthy. There are many different kinds of libertarian. It's a loose term it's not a concrete box. If the argument is that he doesn't have principle, I think the answer is that he might have another principle that conflicts with the principle that's identified. He's not his father, but if he's not voteworthy, who is, and what have they done to win our trust?

I like some of what I have seen. I think his daddy is in him, but I am not sure how much "compromising" he is willing to forego....I do not like that.

Let us be honest here...we are somewhat self stroking...thinking that there is a benevolence that wants to make our lives better...there is no such animal. The best we can hope for is an entity that will allow us to do our best unhindered....and that will be hard to find.

• Like 1