Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk teen killed

Ashotep

I bet you that somewhere, someone thinks that this was planned and was ment to be killed

Find 'em.

I bet you that somewhere, someone thinks that this was planned and was ment to be killed

TNRN dear, we have had enough thrown into this, including Churchill, the atom bomb, underage drinking and I even think someone mentioned their grandmas socks, please do not drag the conspiracy theorists into this, we can really do with out them right now!batshit-crazy-smiley1.gif

Home Invasion: St. Louis Man Stops Drunk Intruder By Shooting Him in Leg, Police Say

via

Another day, another attempted intrusion in a St. Louis home thwarted by gunshots.

This time the intruder survived -- and was reportedly being very intoxicated.

Last month, police said that a 53-year-old woman fired a single shot at three men in hoodies who had broken into her St. Louis home; they ran out. A week before that, a resident near Gravois Park fired shots at two young burglars; one of them died and the other is now facing murder charges.

A Tower Grove South break-in last night similarly ended in gunfire.

Police say that the attempted burglary happened at around 1 a.m. this morning in a home on the 4000 block of Humphrey Street with three residents inside at the time. A 19-year-old female resident woke up and told her 47-year-old father that she heard someone trying to get in through the front door.

When the man opened his front door, the suspect, a 32-year-old male, came toward him, police say.

home%20invasion%20image-thumb-560x319.jpg

So the resident fired a shot at him with his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee east. He was arrested one block away -- and sustained a gunshot wound to his leg.

He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was listed in serious, but stable condition.

The Post-Dispatch reports that he was "clearly intoxicated."

The paper says it's not known at this time whether he was actually trying to rob the house -- or if maybe he thought he was home.

This is the third case in less than a month of a St. Louis resident taking advantage of the Missouri law that allows individuals to use deadly force on intruders in their home.

http://blogs.riverfr...me_invasion.php

There's your 'maim them' post of the day.

• Like 3

So the resident fired a shot at him with his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee east. He was arrested one block away -- and sustained a gunshot wound to his leg

==========================

See, it can be done!!

But saying that, what is it with the drunks over there, ours just crash out in the street.

But just like the lad in the OT, they all deserved to be shot at, but as this new story shows, maiming them should be the FIRST option unless you see they are armed.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

So the resident fired a shot at him with his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee east. He was arrested one block away -- and sustained a gunshot wound to his leg

==========================

See, it can be done!!

But saying that, what is it with the drunks over there, ours just crash out in the street.

But just like the lad in the OT, they all deserved to be shot at, but as this new story shows, maiming them should be the FIRST option.

Unless he just made a bad shot.

• Like 1

Unless he just made a bad shot.

lets hope if he did it was out of sheer panic, thats understandable, and not that he just did not know how to handle his weapon..even though he is a gun owner!

What I meant was it sounds like this kid was a real "winner." Let's see, where do I even begin...

sneaked out of the house to Saturday night to party with friends.

"Whether he gave a warning shot or yelled at him, I'm pretty sure Caleb thought it was me yelling at him," Shawn Gordley (Caleb's father) said. "He kept walking toward what he thought was his room because the houses are identical."

Let me get this straight, this kid has the friggin' NERVE to not only sneak out of the house, (disobeying his parents) parties doing GOD knows what, and when he percieves that it his dad yelling at him, he keeps walking to his room?? Sounds to me like this kid needed a good ole fashioned spanking...

Caleb Gordley was an aspiring rap artist

Yeah, sounds like a real winner to me...

• Like 1

Let's just hope he doesn't try to retaliate down the road.

Who?

The guy that got shot.

Oh yeah him.

He was clearly intoxicated so may not even remember what house he went to. But early doors. What would be bad is if he tried to sue the owner, they have been known to do that here! The owner was right to have shot him, unless it turns out to be a Jehovah witness coming back from a party and felt on doing a bit of overtime work. smiley-confused013.gif

• Like 1

In the state of Missouri they have passed a law that if you get hurt while trespassing tough luck. You were breaking the law so you can't sue. This law passed a few years ago and stood up in court already.

• Like 4

In the state of Missouri they have passed a law that if you get hurt while trespassing tough luck. You were breaking the law so you can't sue. This law passed a few years ago and stood up in court already.

yeah we are sort of getting there with it here, but the do gooders for the do wrongens brigade keep jumping in to defend them.

I want to see the lawyers who defend these cretins put behind bars with them.

• Like 2

yeah we are sort of getting there with it here, but the do gooders for the do wrongens brigade keep jumping in to defend them.

I want to see the lawyers who defend these cretins put behind bars with them.

It has cut down on people killing intruders instead of just wounding them.

Besides that you had people trespassing on your property then getting snake bit or breaking a leg and they wanted to sue you for that too.

In my opinion the home owner was 100% in the right. If someone were to come through my window at night or front door in the day time, doesn't matter when, I'm defending my kids and wife how ever I need to. I grew up around guns and they are 100% safe if you know how to handle them. People who believe that guns should be banned can go ahead and tell me again how nobody can get their hands on drugs since they are illegal as well. Banning guns would take them away from law abiding citizens to protect themselves and families from the not so law abiding citizens who will get them by other means.

• Like 5

The gangs will always have them. Most criminals don't get them by legal means anyway.

• Like 1

This is how it should be in every state, it's common sense. Home invaders/criminals should not be able to sue their victims as happens now and then. That's just stupid.

• Like 4

This individual wasn't properly trained how to handle a gun and how to handle a situation like this. As for me, I would pull out the gun and pull it on the intruder. The gun alone would make them stop, then I would asses the situation to see if they got a gun or are they harmless individuals. If the intruder tries to reach for something, I would stop them and have an family member or friend retrieve it from them.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

This individual wasn't properly trained how to handle a gun and how to handle a situation like this. As for me, I would pull out the gun and pull it on the intruder. The gun alone would make them stop, then I would asses the situation to see if they got a gun or are they harmless individuals. If the intruder tries to reach for something, I would stop them and have an family member or friend retrieve it from them.

The gun didn't make him stop, even after the homeowner warned him and fired a warning shot.

You haven't read all of the articles have you?

• Like 5

Some people are psychotic and aren't going to stop just because you point a gun at them. If you aren't prepared to pull the trigger they might take it away from you and kill you with your own gun.

• Like 3

You haven't read all of the articles have you?

That seems to be common practice latley.

• Like 2

For all who still want to try and judge the man http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/homeowner-fired-warning-before-fatally-shooting-teen-intruder-sheriff-says/?intcmp=trending

Looks like he knew how to aim the weapon, little do people know (probably from watching too many movies) being shot in the shoulder can be fatal, as evidenced in this instance. There is no 'safe' place to shoot someone, and to be honest, he let the kid get a lot further than he should have.

• Like 1

The kid was drunk, I doubt he knew what was going on. The fact that the houses may have been built the same, does not mean the furniture is the same, the kid did not notice any of this...because he was drunk.

Can`t see how the owner did not notice that the kid was drunk....maybe one little shove would have stopped him, after all the owner was standing on the top of the stairs.

But who really knows what really took place there, apart from the sober person?

Edited by freetoroam