Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Argentina's Kirchner raises Falklands

keithisco

I cant help thinking that this latest Photo Op for Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner asking the Pope to intervene to get discussions going with the UK about Sovereignty of the Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas) is going to horribly backfire. The Islanders have voted, and it is now time to respect their right to Self Determination - and not be used as a deflection for The Pres of Argentina to cover up her aweful management of the Economy

The overwhelming majority of Falkland Islanders are Protestant and as such the Pope, should he try to intervene, would hold absolute NO Authority with the Islanders at all.

Read More (Thanks to the BBC) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21835363

This latest ploy has made her weaker Politically on the International Stage. Too much Noblesse Oblige is paid to the Vatican, to the RC Cult that is not true to its own Edicts. IMO

If they want sort this out then come t the UK? are they scared or what? instead they go to the UN but what if the UN rejects the claims? go to court or something?

Well it could be interesting to see a Catholic Pope siding with a Protestant Queen.

That said, he was a Jesuit. Biggest bunch of "pffft, excommunicate me then, I'm still going to follow my conscience" troublemakers in Catholicism. He'll side with justice.

Do they discuss any other politics in Argentina other than the Falklands? Their economy is also shot, they have defaulted on payments and have inflation of 25%. Yet all they keep banging on about is this.

• Like 2

From what I understand the two hate each other. I don't think the Pope is going to be giving her any kind of support.

"Pope! Pope! The people on that island want to be british! Can you make the world hate them so much they want to join us?"

"I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Now I have to go run an Illuminati err I mean Pope Meeting."

Well the Pope has already stated publicly that he thinks the Falklands belong to Argentina and that the war was a defensive one. So it's not a stretch to think that this is the one matter where he would back her up.

This being said, Argentina will never have the ability to take them from Britain.