Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bermuda Triangle Incidents Comoros Islands

NatureBoff

I've just uncovered a new Bermuda Triangle site north of Comoros islands , east Africa. See the talkpage for Yemenia Flight 626.

I was struck by the similarities with the AF447 incident a month earlier. Both have a cause of accident which seem highly controversial and disputed by many experts. The new-science 'Bermuda Triangle' explanation also fits Flight 626 imo and is discussed in the talkpage of AF447 for anyone who is interested. I've just found out that an aircraft similarly crashed just after leaving . "On 27 November 2012 an Inter Iles Air Embraer EMB 120ER Brasilia (registration number D6-HUA) was underway from Moroni to Anjouan (both in Comoros Islands) on a charter flight with 25 passengers and 4 crew, when after taking off from Moroni's Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport it lost height, and while attempting to return to the airport, waterlanded 200 meters off the coast, about 5 km north of the airport. Local fishermen rescued everybody on board. There were only minor injuries.[1]". This sudden loss of height fits with the Bermuda Triangle-like hypothesis. It's a common feature of Clear Air Turbulance aircraft incidents and is a potential clue to the cause of the flight 626 crash imo.

A mystery boat sinking has also occurred near the Comoros, which is reminiscent of the possible 'Bermuda Triangle-like' hypothesis. http://www.huffingto..._n_923148.html. "On 27 November 2012 an Inter Iles Air Embraer EMB 120ER Brasilia (registration number D6-HUA) was underway from Moroni to Anjouan (both in Comoros Islands) on a charter flight with 25 passengers and 4 crew, when after taking off from Moroni's Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport it lost height, and while attempting to return to the airport, waterlanded 200 meters off the coast, about 5 km north of the airport. Local fishermen rescued everybody on board. There were only minor injuries.[1]". This sudden loss of height fits with the Bermuda Triangle-like hypothesis. It's a common feature of Clear Air Turbulance aircraft incidents and is a potential clue to the cause of the flight 626 crash imo.

A mystery boat sinking has also occurred near the Comoros, which is reminiscent of the possible 'Bermuda Triangle-like' hypothesis. Comoros"]http://www.huffingto...48.html]Comoros Islands Ship Sinks, 60 Killed: France.

Here's another amazing ship loss mystery near the Comoros Unsolved:"]http://www.heritagew....html]Unsolved: The Mystery of the Waratah[/url]. Some intersting quotes from the article are: "It didn't stop the most official explanation to date, however, from being published in 2009. It stated that the Waratah, reportedly top-heavy with cargo, probably rolled over and sank when a freak wave slammed into its portside." and "Another theory has it that a double boiler explosion left the Waratah without propulsion, sending her adrift on a north-easterly current to a spot near the Comoros, where she is said to have sunk." and "Yet another theory, of the "hole in the ocean", explains that the Waratah was possibly sucked into a vortex caused by winds and currents that open up ocean floor cavities large enough to swallow large ships."

This revelation has major implications for Air France Flight 447.

Edited by Rewlahool

There seems to be several places like that. I always find it interesting but I think there is a logical explanation for it.

The Brasilia may be a work horse, but I don't think it's as safe as many people think it is. There have been quite a few accidents where Brasilias have crashed or had problems. But, then again, it may just be that there are a lot of them flying.

• Like 2

There seems to be several places like that. I always find it interesting but I think there is a logical explanation for it.

You see i would buy that logical explanation stuff.... but only ONLY! if there were any wreckages located somewhere in that area. Navy has done a massive search for that famous squadron of fighters that disappeared over Bermuda area and for that matter before that event probably many ships went missing in that same area there are rumors of bombers too, yet they didnt find any wreckages not even a god damn metal plate... so the sea just dissolved them?

So yes it is very annoying because at bottom line there is no logical explanation is there*?

This whole planet is a mystery to me..and the inhabitants are all cryptids.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. This new Bermuda Triangle is one to watch imo, located at the red dot in the attached diagram.

post-94765-0-94059600-1363969964_thumb.p

Edited by Rewlahool

You see i would buy that logical explanation stuff.... but only ONLY! if there were any wreckages located somewhere in that area. Navy has done a massive search for that famous squadron of fighters that disappeared over Bermuda area and for that matter before that event probably many ships went missing in that same area there are rumors of bombers too, yet they didnt find any wreckages not even a god damn metal plate... so the sea just dissolved them?

So yes it is very annoying because at bottom line there is no logical explanation is there*?

There could be something unexplainable going on but could be the gulf stream carried the wreckage someplace else. Edited by Hilander

Just one question, has anybody ever set foot in the Comoros or Africa? Not wanting to sound racist or anything, but speaking out of experience from having been in Mozambique and some other countries in the same area, their definition of maintenance and safety is very different from ours. Airplanes and boats having issues is not uncommon at all.

so how many planes and boats are we talking here? 3 planes and 2 boats? Sorry but that's just not even the average usually.

Just one question, has anybody ever set foot in the Comoros or Africa? Not wanting to sound racist or anything, but speaking out of experience from having been in Mozambique and some other countries in the same area, their definition of maintenance and safety is very different from ours. Airplanes and boats having issues is not uncommon at all.

so how many planes and boats are we talking here? 3 planes and 2 boats? Sorry but that's just not even the average usually.

Yep I've been thru that channel past those islands maybe 20 times,and nothing ever happened,we even broke down once and drifted about for about 6 hours,until engine repairs were made,and only saw a few sharks.

Well the pilot of a hijacked Ethiopian Airlines 767 attempted a water landing off the Comoros Islands in 1996. Would that fit the profile of a triangle incident?

Edited by Antilles

Well the pilot of a hijacked Ethiopian Airlines 767 attempted a water landing off the Comoros Islands in 1996. Would that fit the profile of a triangle incident?

Good point. It's the fact that a vortex explanation *is* a possibility imo, unlike the hijacking incident.
It stated that the Waratah, reportedly top-heavy with cargo, probably rolled over and sank when a freak wave slammed into its portside." and "Another theory has it that a double boiler explosion left the Waratah without propulsion, sending her adrift on a north-easterly current to a spot near the Comoros, where she is said to have sunk." and "Yet another theory, of the "hole in the ocean", explains that the Waratah was possibly sucked into a vortex caused by winds and currents that open up ocean floor cavities large enough to swallow large ships."

The Yemenia flight 626 had a sole survivor who didn't have her seat belt on and her head resting against the oval window. She was thrown out of the plane before it slammed into the ocean. A sudden downward acceleration of the entire aircraft would have left her person pushed out through the window cavity imo. This fits with a 1.6g to 2g acceleration experienced by other mystery aircraft incidents.

Edited by Rewlahool

Good point. It's the fact that a vortex explanation *is* a possibility imo, unlike the hijacking incident.

The Yemenia flight 626 had a sole survivor who didn't have her seat belt on and her head resting against the oval window. She was thrown out of the plane before it slammed into the ocean. A sudden downward acceleration of the entire aircraft would have left her person pushed out through the window cavity imo. This fits with a 1.6g to 2g acceleration experienced by other mystery aircraft incidents.

Note that this suggests the acceleration occurred at an angle and not straight down toward the centre of the Earth. This fits with the Waratah appearing to have rolled over onto it's side.

I've just found more information Forgotten ferries.

An ocean graveyard

Sadly, the tragedy of the Madjiriha is far from an isolated incident in the waters between the islands of the Comores and other Indian Ocean countries.

Indeed, the crossing between the islands of Anjouan and Mayotte, which remains under French administration, has become a maritime graveyard for hundreds of people every year, many of whom were trying to immigrate to French territory.

In 2004, the San-Son ferry sunk with 120 passengers on board. Only one person, a woman, survived. In 2006, another ship, the Al Mubaraka, foundered, killing 20 people and 33 others reported missing, followed by the Niyati Soifa, taking 60 lives, with only ten survivors who were rescued by fishermen.

Edited by Rewlahool

Adam Air Flight 574 is another interesting case which has a possible vortex explanation, creating a "bank angle" error message in the cockpit. More details can be found in the article.

Alleged cockpit voice recording leakage

In early August 2008, a five-minute-38-second digital recording allegedly retrieved from the plane's cockpit voice recorder was widely circulated on the Internet and transcribed by the media.[115][116] The recording, which had been publicly distributed through chain e-mails, begins with what is believed by some to be a conversation between pilot Refi Agustian Widodo and copilot Yoga Susanto before the crash. Approximately two minutes before the end of the recording the autopilot disconnect horn sounded, followed approximately a minute later with "bank angle" warnings from the GPWS and the altitude alerter. Immediately thereafter, as the airplane began its final dive, the shotgun-like sounds of engine compressor surges and the overspeed "clacker" could be heard along with two background voices screaming in terror, and shouting out the name of God. Towards the end of the recording there is a dramatic increase in windshield noise and two loud bangs (the second larger than the first) consistent with structural failure of the airplane, followed 20 seconds later by an abrupt silence. Likely, when the pilots regained visual ground contact, they quickly pulled up, overloading the horizontal stabilizer downwards and a main wing spar upwards.[117] It was dismissed by the officials who said that it was not authentic and was not the original recording.

Yet another Bermuda Triangle near Borneo?

Wow, more clues with the sinking of ferries as well! Another rolling of a ship! MV Senopati Nusantara

According to one survivor's account, the ship rolled over and part of the hull was sticking out the water before it submerged into the sea.[4]

post-94765-0-86215000-1364313985_thumb.p

Edited by Rewlahool

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, could this air crash just hours ago be due to the Bali Bermuda Triangle? Plane crashes in Bali with 108 on board

"Then I got information that the plane had an accident or an overshoot," Eko said.

"We don't know the cause of the accident," he said...

Photographs shown on Indonesian television showed the plane's fuselage had split into two parts just behind its wings, and the plane half submerged in shallow water...

"The plane is Boeing 737-800 NG, Next Generation. It's a new one, a 2012 product," he said.

"It actually has sophisticated technology to anticipate accident. Let's see what the data says about that accident."

I predict an anomalous circa 2g acceleration which caused the aircraft to lose altitude and overshoot the runway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uQsBseieDY

post-94765-0-36566600-1365848012_thumb.p

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

I think it has to be pointed out that Lion Air has a very dodgy safety record.

I think it has to be pointed out that Lion Air has a very dodgy safety record.

You need to do a 10 minute search for yourself to see that there's much more going on than that.