Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
docyabut2

Chemical weapons attack reported in Syria

9 posts in this topic

Amazingly all those that came into contact with the victims appear not to be suffering ill effects.

1 person likes this

it's true .. not first time too

2 people like this

it's true .. not first time too

I wonder if the west will really intervene this time.... I doubt it. But it's only a matter of time, IF Assad's people are using these things then they will eventually strike in a way that they cannot cover so easily. I hope you and your's can stay safe, KoS.
1 person likes this

I read the article. No one can confirm who fired the chemical weapons, but the general feeling is it was the government.

Just as a side note, does anyone get an uneasy feeling whenever dead rebel soldiers are referred to as martyrs? The term usually refers to someone who died because of their religious beliefs. Does this mean that if and when the rebels win they will continue with the overly religious dogma that has scarred so much of the middle east?

Another side note, KOS, i remember when the conflict started you were opposed to western soldiers on the ground, even in adviser roles such as in Lybia. I think your words were something like "this will be a victory for the people of syria, the west should not be involved". Do you still think the same, or would you welcome US and coalition soldiers?

2 people like this

If the west does try to help will they be demonized for it if everything doesn't go just perfect. Its a given innocent people will get killed, don't know how it could be avoided. Just wondering not trying to start a fight.

Do wish you well KOS and anyone having to live with it.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately, considering how many times the FSA has cried wolf regarding chemical weapons attacks by Assad, I will continue to doubt these types of reports until the casualty count is what I expect it to be and the weapons are infact confirmed to be chemical.

It just doesn't make sense right now. Would Assad really risk foreign intervention by using chemical weapons that kill 25 people? Chemical weapons are supposed to be a bit more destructive than that I had thought...

I recall there being rumours that some of Saddam's chemical weapons had been sent to Syria?

When I read about the conflict in Syria, I fall back on the fact from day one Assad claimed the rebels were terrorist, but the west claimed it was a civil uprising, then once the CIA had armed the rebels, they started to threaten western interests after which the US started labelling them terrorists, exactly what Assad claimed 2 years ago.

I find it hard to believe anything the media spews,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/9940103/Syria-regime-accuses-rebels-of-killing-25-in-chemical-weapons-attack.html

1 person likes this