Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost gold ring

Filmfun

Hi everyone,

I'd be really grateful for any help.

I'm in a houseshare in London. Monday morning while I was getting ready to go to work, I lost a gold engraved ring, which I've had for, at least 20 years. It belonged to my great aunt, and then when she died, my parents had it engraved with my initials, and there has hardly been a day really when I haven't worn it .

Monday morning I placed it on the bed in my room with my clothes and wristwatch while I showered etc. and when I came back and started to dress, picking up my clothes from the bed caused my watch to dislodge and fall on the floor. I quickly went for my ring to check it was still on the bed and it wasn't. Hunted high and low - no sign - only once I lifted up the mattress and I could hear 'something' 'pitter-pattering' down it, but on looking carefully on the other side of the bed, the floor etc. there was no sign.

While I was at work, my landlord even took my room apart to try and find it, but no luck. I feel it *must* be in the room somewhere, but when I got home, we both had another search without success.

If there's any way you might be able to help or suggest advice, I'd be so grateful. The ring is so dear to me - keeps me close to my late parents. I'm afraid I don't have a picture of it, but it is gold with the initials RJC in an elegant font.

Thanks so much everyone, and enjuoy your day :-)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Filmfun

• Arbenol

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any way it could have got inside the mattress? Might be worth a look.

Failing that, check down the back of the sofa. You might not find your ring, but I'll bet you'll turn up a few quid and a still-edible lolly.

Good luck.