Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Percentages

Belial

If ghosts are real why are 'fewer people around the world seeing them than the majority', considering more have died than are born you would think most people would be seeing or experiencing some sort of contact?

Do you have actual statistics? Cuz I mean based on the traffic on this forum alone, not to mention the number of television shows out there, it would seem to me more people are seeing them or having an experience than not. *shrugs*

Yeah there is no actual stats on this stuff and probably will never be. You have to think about people who have seen ghost but will never tell anybody, those who say they seen ghost but are lying , people who might have seen a ghost but are not sure and so on. Maybe seeing a ghost is a completly random event that you can't predict like your house catching fire or beimg in a car accedent. Stuff you don't expect.

• Like 2

If ghosts are real why are 'fewer people around the world seeing them than the majority', considering more have died than are born you would think most people would be seeing or experiencing some sort of contact?

Fantasy prone personality - Google it.

I don't think everyone can see them and I think they have to want you to see them. I don't think a lot of people will admit to it for fear of ridicule.

I always wonder this. There are alot of "odd" things throughout history that point to "ghosts" being in our heads. For example, most people report ghosts being clothed in garb within 50 to 100 years of their current era. Why are there not more "caveman" ghost sightings?

Another thing, and one of the first questions I like to ask believers, can you see a ghost with your eyes, and if so, would you admit that your eyes capture images using the same fundemental laws as a camera? If yes, would you admit that there are more cameras now roaming around then any other time in history, and yet we have very few "clear" pictures of entities. I would say there was clearer pictures taken at the turn of the century... the brown lady etc.

Also, I don't follow all the paranormal teams on TV but I know there are atleast 5 active shows with teams scouring all of the "worlds most haunted spots." Does the fact that these "professionals" with the "best equipment" have yet to find any eye opening, ground breaking proof, move any of you close to thinking, maybe there isn't anything to find?

Edited by CakeOrDeath

I remember on a commercial for a ghost show (I think it was Ghost Hunters), it said one in three Americans believe in ghosts. I actually used to believe in ghosts, but not so much now.

I always wonder this. There are alot of "odd" things throughout history that point to "ghosts" being in our heads. For example, most people report ghosts being clothed in garb within 50 to 100 years of their current era. Why are there not more "caveman" ghost sightings?

Another thing, and one of the first questions I like to ask believers, can you see a ghost with your eyes, and if so, would you admit that your eyes capture images using the same fundemental laws as a camera? If yes, would you admit that there are more cameras now roaming around then any other time in history, and yet we have very few "clear" pictures of entities. I would say there was clearer pictures taken at the turn of the century... the brown lady etc.

Also, I don't follow all the paranormal teams on TV but I know there are atleast 5 active shows with teams scouring all of the "worlds most haunted spots." Does the fact that these "professionals" with the "best equipment" have yet to find any eye opening, ground breaking proof, move any of you close to thinking, maybe there isn't anything to find?

I always thought about these things. Another thing, why do some ghosts appear as orbs or mists while others appear as full-bodied people?