Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arrogance of Ferry's knife-carrying son

Commander CMG

One of Bryan Ferry's sons avoided jail yesterday after being caught carrying a knife for a second time.

Merlin Ferry, 22, had told police to go away and 'investigate real crime' when he was found with the weapon.

Officers stopped the student in his uninsured Saab and were searching for drugs when they arrested him for carrying the knife. He told the officers: 'You can unarrest me now.

Read more

Wow, you guys can't even carry a knife? Jesus... was it a pocket knife or a sword?

Woooooo 6 whole months if he's caught with one again? Maybe 6 years would make him change his tune.

must be nice to come from a privileged and rich family....if i was caught driving an uninsured vehicle thatd be about 3 grand i think? not including impound fees tow fees and everything else. also correct me if im wrong but lock knifes are prohibited weapons in the u.k are they not?

• Like 1

must be nice to come from a privileged and rich family....if i was caught driving an uninsured vehicle thatd be about 3 grand i think? not including impound fees tow fees and everything else. also correct me if im wrong but lock knifes are prohibited weapons in the u.k are they not?

That's what happens when you ban guns. Then you can't even have a knife that won't fold in and screw up your fingers... Anyway, I'm just dumbfounded, that's all I have.

• Like 1

Maximum of £5000 for driving without insurance it's usually about £2500.

It wasn't that long ago that the government were saying they were going to crack down on people carrying knifes.

Increased penalty for offence of having article with blade or point in public place.

on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or both;

on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or a fine, or both.

But that obviously only counts for working class plebs.

Yet more proof of out failing court system.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys can't even carry a knife? Jesus... was it a pocket knife or a sword?

The real question that you should be asking is "Why carry a banned knife in the first place". There is not a tradition of hunting in the UK, so carrying a knife (whilst driving your Saab in City duds) is really not defensible.

He sounds more like a Chav, trying to impress his little girl or boy friends. "Normal" folk would be banned from driving for a year under the Totting Up" rules, and fined in the Thousands.

What a wonderful contribution to Society he will be.. :passifier:

• Like 4

I don't see the problem.

In the old days every young man always carried a penknife in his pocket.

Believe it or not, even Boy Scouts are all but banned from carrying penknives these days.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

The real question that you should be asking is "Why carry a banned knife in the first place". There is not a tradition of hunting in the UK, so carrying a knife (whilst driving your Saab in City duds) is really not defensible.

What has a knife got to do with hunting? There are a lot of people, that do actual physical labor for a living. and keep a knife at least four inches long in their pocket at all times for various reasons. I keep one like that in my purse for opening UPS boxes, cutting binding tape off bundles of metal rods, etc., at the shop If I don't have my purse handy I know my husband always has his. They've even come in handy at weddings, when the event coordinator discovered at the last minute, flower stems were too long and had nothing to cut them with. Who carries a knife to a wedding...apparently only we did. :P

What has a knife got to do with hunting? There are a lot of people, that do actual physical labor for a living. and keep a knife at least four inches long in their pocket at all times for various reasons. I keep one like that in my purse for opening UPS boxes, cutting binding tape off bundles of metal rods, etc., at the shop If I don't have my purse handy I know my husband always has his. They've even come in handy at weddings, when the event coordinator discovered at the last minute, flower stems were too long and had nothing to cut them with. Who carries a knife to a wedding...apparently only we did. :P

Clearly this idiot has never done actual Physical Labour in his entire (albeit short) life. So my argument stands - when in Rome do as the Romans do - you know the Law and you break it at your peril. I respect the Laws in the Nation in which I live, I make a point of not contravening them. The Law in the USA is clearly much more lax than in the UK in terms of carying weapons - but this doesnt mean that you can adopt USA Laws whilst in the UK. It doesnt work that way

When I holidayed in the USA last year I knew that there was a Law that meant I could not carry alcohol (Californian wine in this case) inside the hire car - I had it locked away in the trunk when driving (there is no such law in UK or Spain).

This fool knew the law of the land but chose to contravene it anyway - so no sympathy from me for him.

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 1

I wasn't actually defending the guy, I just think it's a rather ridiculous law. Carrrying one is so run of the mill for so many people we wouldn't even think to tell a police officer if they asked if we had a weapon.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

I wasn't actually defending the guy, I just think it's a rather ridiculous law. Carrrying one is so run of the mill for so many people we wouldn't even think to tell a police officer if they asked if we had a weapon.

I understand that Michelle, but if you know the Law, yet break it anyway, then there is no-one to blame but yourself. Had he actually needed the knife in his (non-existent) day job then the Police have sufficient latitude just to issue a caution, with nothing more said. As it was he was driving an Uninsured car, was pulled over for an undisclosed Moving Traffic Violation, then tried to get smart with the Police. Doesnt matter what country you live in, show respect to the Police and never try the "Do you know who I am" ploy :unsure2:

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 2

That's what happens when you ban guns. Then you can't even have a knife that won't fold in and screw up your fingers... Anyway, I'm just dumbfounded, that's all I have.

Yes, & what also happens is you get a annual gun related death rate of 14 compared with a U.S. rate of 9,369 :o how dumbfounding is that?

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

I don't see the problem.

In the old days every young man always carried a penknife in his pocket.

Believe it or not, even Boy Scouts are all but banned from carrying penknives these days.

Penknives generally aren't illegal.

Yes, & what also happens is you get a annual gun related death rate of 14 compared with a U.S. rate of 9,369 :o how dumbfounding is that?

14? Where did you get that value?

And this doesn't even factor in accidental deaths. As far as I'm aware, there are a substantial amount of Americans killed every year by accident. More than murders, is it not (I could be wrong in that)?

You're a sheep. You can let your politicians tell you what freedoms you may or may not have. Ever consider the U.S. is a hell of a lot bigger than the UK? Of course there are going to be more murders with guns. Just like there are more DUI charges, more assault charges, etc etc...

If we're going to get into, "he knew the laws, he shouldn't have broken them." Just the same as if the US ever bans guns. If I feel a law is against my Constitutional Right, I don't see it as a law. I see it as fascism and I will fight it, want to lock me up for it? Go ahead, enough of us will get sick of it and there will be a whole new problem the government will have to worry about. People can only be pushed so far.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 1

You're a sheep. You can let your politicians tell you what freedoms you may or may not have. Ever consider the U.S. is a hell of a lot bigger also? Think please, before you use your genius and post your "internet-facts" we all find so accurate.

And you're a plank. but hey I'm not criticising, but if you're quite happy to see your kids get shot to bits on a regular basis, i say carry on.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Think about what? I'm not criticising, you're obviously quite happy to see your kids get shot to bits on a regular basis, i say carry on.

I take it back. You're not a sheep, just a flat out idiot. I'd rather have the ability to defend my family against nut jobs than to sit back with my thumb up my ass and watch like you would.

Ugh, out of this thread. Even on the internet, stupid, idiotic posts like that annoy me to the point where I'm gonna get banned.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

Fact is the 'nut job' you're 'defending' your family from will most likely have a gun too & if he shoots you first ever stop to wonder what he'd do to your family whilst your laying in a pool of blood?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

The Most Violent Country In Europe: Britain Is Also Worse Than South Africa And U.S. -- Daily Mail

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/what-country-has-most-violent-crime.html

Maybe thats why you cannot be trusted with guns

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 1

[/size][/size]

http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/what-country-has-most-violent-crime.html

Maybe thats why you cannot be trusted with guns

Now read some of the comments below that link

The link takes you to a daily mail article written at the end of the nu labour government. I'll leave you to work it out.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Fact is the 'nut job' you're 'defending' your family from will most likely have a gun too & if he shoots you first ever stop to wonder what he'd do to your family whilst your laying in a pool of blood?

So you think banning guns will stop nutjobs and criminals having guns then?

Just look at us in the uk,the only people that own guns are the few farmers,hunters ect and criminals.

I would much rather live in the US to be honest just for your gun laws,At least you have a chance of defending your family.

I take it back. You're not a sheep, just a flat out idiot. I'd rather have the ability to defend my family against nut jobs than to sit back with my thumb up my ass and watch like you would.

Ugh, out of this thread. Even on the internet, stupid, idiotic posts like that annoy me to the point where I'm gonna get banned.

I guess you could always shoot UM's sanitation department if they ban you... Problem solved :gun:

I have learnt something new here.. you can only protect your family if you have a gun. :su

Edited by xsas