Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 'pack behavior', which is a silly thing unless you just want followers, happens because when simple, straight forward questions are asked about astounding claims they never seem to materialize. I asked several questions of some of the claims and others and never once received a reply (as did many other skeptics).

If folks want to post their beliefs without question then they should simply start a blog. There are no packs, thankfully this forum seems to have a healthy amount of skeptics to bring some level headed thinking instead of letting misinformation continue to grow.

If you read enough of the replies most skeptics would love to have evidence of extraordinary events but the bar is so much higher than the woo-woo web pages and youtube videos. I do not believe I have every seen a request from a skeptics that was specifically aimed at a pack attack. JMO of course.

edited because I cannot spell.

Edited by Esoteric Toad
  • Like 3

? Did you find endless wibbling about Walls and Vitirifaction enlightening and educational, then?

I liked zoser's posts....and the pictures and the videos. I liked his tenacity and his coolness under heavy fire.

My own personel highlight on the original thread was making the connection between the Ark of the Covenant

and the sarcophagus in the Great Pyramid.

even thought the pack mentality might not be too obvious to some but the pack behavioral display was unmistakable ;

one must simply have no other obvious choice but to admit so... :passifier:

~edit : a touch of lightness

Indeed..... :passifier::D

• Like 1

I liked zoser's posts....and the pictures and the videos. I liked his tenacity and his coolness under heavy fire.

In other words,... you like the "Lone Ranger" type of guy, and pretty pictures.

Ok. :tu:

• Like 1

In other words,... you like the "Lone Ranger" type of guy, and pretty pictures.

Ok. :tu:

:rolleyes:

In other other words......oh never mind.....let's have a video

[media=]

[/media]

:wub:

:lol:

Are we still aliens hunting around this here parts ?

I smell a hijack I do ...

• Like 1

even thought the pack mentality might not be too obvious to some but the pack behavioral display was unmistakable ;

one must simply have no other obvious choice but to admit so... :passifier:

~edit : a touch of lightness

It wasn't so much the AA theory, or even the evidence that zoser provided that got everyone in an uproar, it was his absolute dismissal of anything contrary to his belief. His was not the behavior of someone who wanted to discuss but that of someone who wanted victory by proclamation. Not too many people will idly stand by for such nonsense.

• Like 3

Personally speaking, I like people who stand on their own merit, stand their ground and fight their corner regardless of how many detractors they have...it takes courage and a passion in whatever subject you're talking about - I respect that, I respect those people. However, you need a very powerful argument to have any credit in doing so, certain parts of this subject have very little in the way of powerful arguments, and arguing your point simply because you refuse to acknowledge the alternative doesn't really cut it for me...

• Like 7

It wasn't so much the AA theory, or even the evidence that zoser provided that got everyone in an uproar, it was his absolute dismissal of anything contrary to his belief. His was not the behavior of someone who wanted to discuss but that of someone who wanted victory by proclamation. Not too many people will idly stand by for such nonsense.

Yes .. it was irritating that :lol:

to be fair ... zoser was poking back as much as he was poked ... see ? we miss him don't we :-*

• Like 1

to be fair ... zoser was poking back as much as he was poked ... see ? we miss him don't we :-*

To be honest I only miss the rather one sided conversation the skeptics were giving. I learned quite a bit from it. What I learned from zoser's posts? That the AA theory is built upon half truths and ignorance.

• Like 5

However, you need a very powerful argument to have any credit in doing so, certain parts of this subject have very little in the way of powerful arguments, and arguing your point simply because you refuse to acknowledge the alternative doesn't really cut it for me...

this ^ and this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion

• Like 2

:tu: Precisely. The PP posts shouldn't have been restarted. There were 3 prev threads spanning 4 years with the same participant (and info) in all. So 4 threads in total. You have to really think about the 4 threads deal, it shows quite an obsession...

Now I got quite into the other discussion at first, but it was the swerving, you know... talking about rocks one minute, then when the heat came - swerving off to the 'mids, drill holes...cores, and back again. Constant swerving...flitting endlessly back and forth between subjects. Endless reposts of the same pics. Endless reposts of same vids.

Besides, it was the Mods decision to end his threads/posts. I believe you can still access Saru's words on the old thread.... heck you can even on this thread.

So when someone raises a question on such a post - as he did, and then you have me, Abe, Mr O, Psyche for a while, Harte, Badeskov, Searcher, Source, Esoteric Toad, Slave2fate, LV, or General whatever it is now... and quite a few more....who then go off and do the research into the question...you know, actually look into it....rather than just paraphrase from a video.... then come back and present your findings which are dismissed, ignored, sneered at....then a few pages on the SAME thing gets asked, round and round in circles ...groundhog day....yes its infuriating. Who else behaves like that on UM? WHO ELSE?

Debates are a 2 way street, supposedly anyway. Anyone see any other user getting a hard time? Some people bring it on themselves.

But the consolation for those who care is....no PERSON is getting attacked are they? Its their ideas and attitudes that get it. No person gets ruffed up at all...the avatar and fake names used provide the great disconnect between a physical person and anonymous - except for their fake avatar/name.

Lastly, we all know how to behave socially dont we? We know how to fit in with others. Thats not joining a pack, its called just being a regular person. If your sat in a pub and some person begins talking to you, incessantly repeating themselves about something that at first caught your interest...enough to begin discussing it with them.,.. but they then proceeded to say that everything you say is immaterial, not true..misguided, try harder, all that kind of malarkey... while repeating their original statements over and over...how long do you think you'd patiently sit and take it? You wouldn't would you. Nor would I but I do have a faster than normal fuse for some reason...

Take the same scenario and bring in a few more players.... so as you wouldnt sit and take it .... neither will the larger group. Enough attention was given him for some of us to seriously research the claims... but it was over ridden endlessly by the not credible ideas of the not credible authors of his YT vids/books and websites Even the most passive loonies sometimes need restraining...

But as said, the mods made the final decision, and I for one think it was the right decision

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

...you couldn't catch a clue if you were smeared with clue pheromones and walked into the middle of a clue field during the height of clue mating season.

I must say Kludge, that had me laughing til my side hurt! :lol:

• Like 2

But as said, the mods made the final decision, and I for one think it was the right decision

well you would wouldn't you...seeing as you were instrumental in getting the other Ancient Aliens thread closed...

even though you had already started this alternative one.

<_<

Even Richard Dawkins is giving some thought to the possibility of Intelligent Alien Design......

sources Bee. Sources. Heres another source :tu:

Atheist Richard Dawkins is hopping mad at the makers of Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Dawkins accuses the filmmakers of "lying for Jesus" because they make it seem that he believes in intelligent design and space aliens.

Dawkins is an outspoken critic of intelligent design (ID). In his 1986 book The Blind Watchmaker, Dawkins defined biology as "the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose." Design is only an appearance, because (as the subtitle of the book indicated) "the evidence of evolution reveals a universe without design." According to Dawkins, evolution shows that the universe and everything in it can be explained by undirected natural processes such as random mutation and survival of the fittest. By ruling out design, "Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist."

edit for source

http://www.discovery.org/a/4809

Edited by seeder

Well, for a slight diversion to a previous issue. Temporal Subliminal Man, could you define/explain for me (withholding specifics if you feel you must) how you manage to achieve anti-gravity propulsion? No techno jargon, just the basic principle by which it is achieved.

yeah some people do that with plasma and UFO's don't they..... :whistle:

countering arguments that shiny balls of lights are not alien crafts and could be plasmas is proof by assertion? how?

Edited by mcrom901

well you would wouldn't you...seeing as you were instrumental in getting the other Ancient Aliens thread closed...

even though you had already started this alternative one.

<_<

well Ive broad shoulders and a thick skin Bee. I dont mind carrying any portion of blame. An alternate thread was started for those who wanted to discuss the AA subject without each page being slowed down by repeated posts of walls. How many time does one need to post the same images? Rather than stay and do battle, I made the alternative thread, in the end, lots of people were so exasperated with it that it was reflected by the tone of their posts, hence it wasnt progressing. He himself said he wanted to reach the 2000 page mark, so by that statement you can see it was an engineered discussion, most likely to fill his lonely nights and days without care for any 'real discussion'....for him it was ANY discussion with anyone about anything.

Now I dont care if this thread fizzled out tomorrow, and if it did Id gracefully let it slide. Not keep bumping it back up with reposts or my latest findings from youtube. Besides more than once YOU stirred the pot, and well you know it

• Like 1

Miss him? Hell he hasnt gone anywhere, he is not exiled, and he still posts here, but is limited now to NOT banging just the one drum, which means, and who can say, that he may well do/say something on a subject that gets everyone interested again, but as I have pointed out, who can think of an interesting AA theory thats hasnt already been hammered out before? We are all here to discuss interesting things no matter how bizarre. I for one welcome any NEW inputs. I for one dont care if he participates here on ANY discussion, so long as its not the damned rocks and drill holes...

lol...you made that edit in the nick of time and beat me to it.... :D

well as I insist on sources for quotes/info, I should at least remember to post my own! :yes:

countering arguments that shiny balls of lights are not alien crafts and could be plasmas is proof by assertion? how?

Well, for starters we know that atmospheric plasma exist,... They are behaving in the same manner that these "alien crafts" are. They are sometimes reacting to outside stimulus. They are sometimes described having a "metal surface". And move through the air like under "intelligent control". Accelerating doing "impossible" turns, etc,..

I dont know about you, but that sure reminds me of something.

• Like 1

well as I insist on sources for quotes/info, I should at least remember to post my own! :yes:

:tu:

guess who said this.....

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selections, seems, I confess, absurd in the highest degree.

my turn to do a quick (ish) edit.....whoops the quote goes to an external link....lol

.further edit for another quote...that will give the game away...

I was a young man with uninformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything; and to my astonishment the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion of them.

people made a religion of them..... :w00t:

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Well, for a slight diversion to a previous issue. Temporal Subliminal Man, could you define/explain for me (withholding specifics if you feel you must) how you manage to achieve anti-gravity propulsion? No techno jargon, just the basic principle by which it is achieved.

Not sure if you read my 'debunking' of this posters ideas a few pages back... But he hasnt responded since I did it, and maybe wont again as the idea appears more of a moneyspinner than a fact. I was intrigued how he made the connection between a necklace on a Japanese statue which was really secret code for the design of an antigravity device....the 'plans' of which enabled him to build just an RC drone type model airplane

If you missed it it was post 578 here

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=244935&st=578

• Like 1

Well, for starters we know that atmospheric plasma exist,... They are behaving in the same manner that these "alien crafts" are. They are sometimes reacting to outside stimulus. They are sometimes described having a "metal surface". And move through the air like under "intelligent control". Accelerating doing "impossible" turns, etc,..

I dont know about you, but that sure reminds me of something.

and for those who dont know, - such strange 'ufo' lights were seen daily, filmed, photographed and there is an extensive library of media to be seen of the 'thingies' here

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

they are still flying about tho lots less nowadays. Id have loved to have gone and witness them, one of the few places on earth, ever, to have nightly displays of light things zooming through a valley.... and its for real..

• Like 1