Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

That's a good question. I've seen the things like the microprocessor or memory metal forwarded as alien inspired technology though I haven't heard of anything more 'ancient' than that, that springs to mind at least.

In addition, I have seen the laser, the optical fiber, the transistor, bucky balls and more being paraded as alien inspired technology, although those are not exactly ancient either. In fact, I have no recollection of anything ancient in that respect.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

In addition, I have seen the laser, the optical fiber, the transistor, bucky balls and more being paraded as alien inspired technology, although those are not exactly ancient either. In fact, I have no recollection of anything ancient in that respect.

Cheers,

Badeskov

What about that old Baghdad Battery...... if that was what it was?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

What about that old Baghdad Battery...... if that was what it was?

http://en.wikipedia....Baghdad_Battery

From the article:

Skeptical archaeologists[who?] see the electrical experiments as embodying a key problem with experimental archaeology, saying that such experiments can only show that something was physically possible, but do not confirm that it actually occurred. Further, there are many difficulties with the interpretation of these artifacts as galvanic cells:[citation needed]

• The bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design.
  • There are no wires or conductors with them.
  • No electrical equipment is associated with them.
  • A bitumen seal, being thermoplastic, is excellent for forming a hermetic seal for long-term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient, however, for a galvanic cell, which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte (if they were intended for extended use).

The artifacts strongly resemble another type of object with a known purpose – storage vessels for sacred scrolls from nearby Seleucia on the Tigris. Those vessels do not have the outermost clay jar, but are otherwise almost identical. Since it is claimed[by whom?]these vessels were exposed to the elements, it is possible[opinion] that any papyrus or parchment inside had completely rotted away, perhaps leaving a trace of slightly acidic organic residue.

:tu:

Cheers,

Badeskov

Unless of course we count the GP being a power plant... :ph34r: :P

• Like 1

As to actual evidence or any new found Eureka! moments, then I am unable to offer such; however, I still think there is quite a bit left to the Ancient Alien Theory left to find out before we can figure it out.

I say, onward to China!

Kind Regards;)

(This post has been brought to you by positive free thinking.)

OK for Asadora, I had a look at some Chinese stuff and will post a few. Not like me to start an ET myth up, but what the heck! (I still remain a skeptic!)

Ok here we go then!

Was the first Chinese Emperor an Extraterrestrial?

Huang-Di (2697-2598 B.C.) or “The Yellow Emperor” is considered to be the first emperor of China and the ancestor of all Chinese.

Chinese scholars have always argued whether Huang-Di was “real” or “mythical”. Depending on the source you can either read that he was a god-king, a mythical-king, a real king, a god-like-king, a “son of the heavens” or a half-god. I would like to suggest that the solution may lie somewhere in between: He was real but not human. We know from other ancient cultures and especially from ancient Egypt that those kings and rules that descended from the skies were referred to as “Gods” and their offspring (from relations to humans) as “half-gods”. Chinese accounts are no different in this respect.

According to legend, before Huang-Di was born there was “a radiance from the great star Chi and the Dipper Constellation (Ursa Major). His conception was marked by a “thunderclap on a clear day in the skies”. Huang-Di then begins his unification of China and is also credited with being a culture-hero, having brought traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture) to the country. His wife taught the Chinese how to make silk. (this is consistent other ancient legends that also attributes a woman “who came from the skies” to have taught silk manufacture. More on this later).

He was said to live in the Kunlun-Mountains which are in the heart of Tibet. After he lived and ruled for over 100 years he is said to have prepared his “return to the skies”. Then a metallic Dragon “descended from the sky and took Huang-Di away”. Some sources say that he did not die then but lived another 200 years in the Syuan Yuan stars (the Leo Constellation).

Huang-Di is also said to have authored a book called “Bai Ze Tu” which describes 11520 types of “shapeshifters, monsters, spirits, beings” in the Universe. This book is considered lost. A book of his that was not lost is titled “Handbook on Sex” and is probably the oldest known book on Sex known to us. Some sources also cite Huang-Di as having instructed Lao Tzu…the originator of Taoism.

Of course everything involving space-travel is considered “mythical” by modern scholars. But another reason Huang-Di himself is said to be “mythical” is because he reigned prior to the Shang-Dynasty (1766 – 1122 B.C.) which is the first era that was thoroughly documented. Seeing everything pre-Shang-Dynasty as purely “mythical” came to an abrupt halt when Chinese Archaeologists discovered evidence that the complex Chinese system of writing was already fully developed at the beginning of the Shang-Dynasty and that it indeed dates back at least to 2000 B.C.

Many ancient accounts on Huang-Di keep referring to him as an inventor or developer of odd mechanical devices. A machine called “the south pointing chariot” helped him win various battles. Another odd device which Huang-Di is supposed to have invented is what is translated as “a tripod”. This “tripod” was 4 meters in height and “100s of energies filled its inside” and made “odd noises”. According to legend this tripod depicted “dragons flying in the clouds”. Furthermore, the tripod was set up at the “Summit Lake Mountain” (one of Chinas most famous mountains because of this legend) and “had to be pointed at the Syuan Yuan star” (our name for the brightest star in this Constellation is Regulus). This is also the star Huang-Di is said to be from. Apparently this “tripod” was also able to store data, as they say it recorded the life and times of Huang-Di.

Huang-Di’s “Dragon” is not described as some mythological creature but as a device to ascend to “the suns”, as a means of transportation and that this dragon is more than three thousand years old. The Biography of Huang-Di states that the Changhuan covers an extreme distance in only one day and that a human who “rides” it can reach and age of two thousand years. This is quite consistent with many other global myths and religious accounts of time dilation in regards to the “vehicles of the Gods”.

If these descriptions, straight from books on Chinese Mythology sound like so many other ancient accounts of Gods and Half-Gods around the globe, then its probably because there is some truth in them.

Source: Chinese Mythology

• Like 1

I say, onward to China!

Aliens or Ancestors? The Mysteries of Sichuan (choice snippets)

Huang Nengfu, a professor of arts and design at Tsinghua University and an eminent researcher in Chinese clothing from different dynasties, considers the garment to be the country's oldest existing dragon robe. He also thinks that the pattern is the work of the famous Shu Embroidery.

Many theories also surround the fall of the Sanxingdui civilization, which seemingly disappeared without a trace, leaving behind objects unlike anything found in any other period of Chinese history.

Archaeologists have been left wondering what the purpose of the objects was and how such an ancient culture, at the very beginning of Chinese civilization, could be so advanced.

source:

http://www.china.org.cn/english/culture/230480.htm

411403.jpg

411404.jpg

• Like 3

I say, onward to China!

The Case of Lady Dai

In 1972 three burial mounds were found, quite unexpectedly, in Changsha, South Central China. The three tombs contained all sorts of artefacts, art and mummies from the Han Dynasty (200 B.C. – 24 A.D.) One of them contained a female corpse called Lady Dai. To the archaeologists great astonishment, Lady Dai lacked the usual signs of decay.

No one's found anything remotely equivalent to this. If she'd only been buried a year I would be amazed at how well-preserved she was.

'To think that she's been buried for 2,000 years and is in this condition is baffling.' Dr Higham said: 'This is the bestpreserved ancient body ever found.

This is something you never find even in Egypt. Tutankhamun, for example, comes out as a sort of shrivelled up little corpse compared with the extraordinary preservation of this woman.' The tomb offers several clues.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/100340/meet_the_lady_dai____of_145bc_/

All indicators – smooth skin, body fat, strong muscles – made the impression of a very fresh corpse and not one that was buried for more than 2200 years. Back then this corpse was considered a sensational find among scholars. Meanwhile it has been hushed-up, covered-up by a media-blackout – to the extent that nobody goes into detail on it. Why? Because the body was preserved by a liquid substance that indicates advanced technology. The corpse has now been deteriorating since it was excavated and exposed because we lack the technology to preserve it as the ancients did.

------------

CHANGSHA: The bones of an ancient female mummy excavated from the Mawangdui Tombs in Central China more than 30 years ago, are starting to disintegrate. According to Luo Xuegang, head of the human anatomy research centre with Xiangya Medical Sciences College, the bones of the female mummy of Western Han Dynasty (206 BC-AD 24) have started to decalcify. The discovery was made through a recent X-ray observation. "The decalcification might be caused by the fluids used to preserve the body being too acid. We can adjust the pH to ensure the

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8843100.html

• Like 3

Unless of course we count the GP being a power plant... :ph34r: :P

Oh boy, now you have done it. Cue the one that should not be named....

:-P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

The thing is that mythology is just that, mythology. While there may be a seed of truth it is human nature to make more of the past than it was in reality. Then one must consider the culture that the mythology emerged from. It doesn't see out of line that these people, if they existed, would be held up to near god like status with items and abilities as national heroes.

The statues are interesting. Maybe it was a culture that kept itself isolated (like China and Japan did for some time).

JMO.

Is that the AAA battery or the AA battery ? I like the 9volt ones the best ! But what the hey Its all in how you stick it on your toungh that matters ! :tu:

• Like 2

1216_web.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/116512474184071531500/SanxingduiGallery2BronzeGallery

Sanxingdui, near Chengdu, was an ancient city contemporary with the Shang Dynasty at Yin (Anyang), but with an art style unlike anything else in the world. Very likely the site was abandoned due to flooding, and the people moved south to Chengdu, where they became the ancestors of the Ba-Shu people of the Warring States era. I have a separate album for the comprehensive gallery which includes the jade, pottery, and bronze trees, plus an album I took two years ago which has many Ba-Shu weapons not on display in 2010. Photos by Gary L. Todd, Ph.D., Professor of History, Sias International University, Xinzheng, Henan, China. Entire photo collection, essays & lectures available at www.GaryLeeTodd.com.

must visit .... pay close attention to the sizes of the bronze statues and pieces

• Like 1

In fact I have fabricated several of the devices depicted by these ancient symbols. One such devise is an Electrogravitic unit that is now humming away but has no power as yet, and the other is an advanced wing configuration used in the creation of a localized worm hole that I mounted on my van, which now yields 3-X's its normal mileage!

I hope you got a new van before the worms finished your old one off.

Harte

• Like 1

I hope you got a new van before the worms finished your old one off.

Harte

Do worms eat lemons?

• Like 1

only the bad ones ....

• Like 1

Alien worms do.

H.

Alien worms do.

H.

Did these alien worms make the Dogu statues? I think it is all starting to make sense now!

That's ok....I don't find you believable either....far too much flame-baiting, misrepresentation and bias.

Although I will say that that was a cracking couple of posts you did in the obnoxious Sandy Hook thread in the Conspiracy Section... :tu:

Yeah that'd be right, you only take notice of me when you want something............. :whistle:

Aliens or Ancestors? The Mysteries of Sichuan (choice snippets)

Huang Nengfu, a professor of arts and design at Tsinghua University and an eminent researcher in Chinese clothing from different dynasties, considers the garment to be the country's oldest existing dragon robe. He also thinks that the pattern is the work of the famous Shu Embroidery.

Many theories also surround the fall of the Sanxingdui civilization, which seemingly disappeared without a trace, leaving behind objects unlike anything found in any other period of Chinese history.

Archaeologists have been left wondering what the purpose of the objects was and how such an ancient culture, at the very beginning of Chinese civilization, could be so advanced.

source:

http://www.china.org...ture/230480.htm

411403.jpg

411404.jpg

Seeder: Thank you very much for groundsourcing my now new research project:) You showed me something that I was not aware of and I can relish in finding out more!

Though one thing did stand out to me regarding the above photos. The eyes. The eyes are --similar-- to other statues that we may all have seen in other places.

Just a thought: It would be awesome if all of these earth based ancient civilizations afforded us all the ability to see a pattern. A consistent pattern that would perhaps help us to determine -something- new.

But until then, I will just enjoy playing in the fields of Ancient Aliens and be happy that there is something out there that could very well perhaps make actual sense.... it's certainly better than watching any cable news!!!

Kind Regards :)

• Like 1

The thing is that mythology is just that, mythology. While there may be a seed of truth it is human nature to make more of the past than it was in reality. Then one must consider the culture that the mythology emerged from. It doesn't see out of line that these people, if they existed, would be held up to near god like status with items and abilities as national heroes.

The statues are interesting. Maybe it was a culture that kept itself isolated (like China and Japan did for some time).

JMO.

Id agree with that, they always seem to have been a closed nation and secretive lot. Tho with the Chinese they had writing or early forms of what became writing, I think up to 4000 years ago. In my opinion all early cultures had to revolve a ruler/emperor/king/queen etc, who was able to mobilise the building of huge palaces and have fine artworks created. As always the mystery is in how they did things... but they did do it, however.

and then theres this: Inspired a tad by Bee's earlier post about pyramids around the world, (yes I haven't forgotten Bee). Now while I didnt want to have convos' about the GP and Egypt in general, I did while looking at sources on ancient China, find a surprising image that I dont recall having see before

eb8af4b09eb2.jpg

Now I find that a puzzle indeed, the similarity of layout.... Im not terribly concerned that pyramidal type structures exist all round the world, after all, long before the architectural finesse of later times, if you wanted to make an altar/temple whatever for a ruler, stacking stuff up into a triangular shape is the only type of big structure you can make. But this pic was indeed a revelation

Pasted quote:

The Pyramids of China

Until almost the year 2000 the Chinese government had refused to comment on pyramidal structures existing in China. Even today almost all of the excavating that is done is not conducted in the pyramids, but around and outside of them. You read that right.

Government archaeologists insist that there is no way to access the interiors of the hundreds of pyramids that are now visible to all (courtesy of Google Earth), and base their assumptions of who built most of them when, by what is interred around them.

In the last decade, the veil of secrecy has lifted to some extent (mostly to the extent that we can all see that there are pyramids throughout China), but any real investigative, archaeological study that would speak to dating, or to whom, or what, is actually inside the pyramids, is actively not being done.

It is a tragic fact that over 90% of China’s known pyramids have not been investigated in any way. It appears to be one of the last great obvious frontiers in archaeology and the Chinese government, after decades of refusing to acknowledge the pyramids even exist, are still steadfastly refusing to allow any archaeological access to them.

hhhmmm, not blasting their way inside them yet? Or is it just that they know theres nothing in them? Who knows..

No doubt the AA crowd will insist aliens were everywhere on earth building everything... but I clearly dont believe that. If the pyramid is the only shape that can be built high and huge, then it makes sense a lot of early cultures figured that one out...early!

as do children even

periodic_table_building_blocks_set.jpg

1216_web.jpg

https://picasaweb.go...y2BronzeGallery

must visit .... pay close attention to the sizes of the bronze statues and pieces

Good link, I will have a better look later as my cats going to the vets as soon as I can catch the damned thing..

• Like 1

Good link, I will have a better look later as my cats going to the vets as soon as I can catch the damned thing..

4b-SurprisedCat.jpg

Careful, cat's know Karate.

• Like 1

Seeder: Thank you very much for groundsourcing my now new research project:) You showed me something that I was not aware of and I can relish in finding out more!

Though one thing did stand out to me regarding the above photos. The eyes. The eyes are --similar-- to other statues that we may all have seen in other places.

Just a thought: It would be awesome if all of these earth based ancient civilizations afforded us all the ability to see a pattern. A consistent pattern that would perhaps help us to determine -something- new.

But until then, I will just enjoy playing in the fields of Ancient Aliens and be happy that there is something out there that could very well perhaps make actual sense.... it's certainly better than watching any cable news!!!

Kind Regards :)

I will be back later.. ancient China is quite fascinating actually... and they do have many 'star man stories' too! Though I remain as ever unconvinced. But am happy to chat about and look into any claims!

d44.png

• Like 1