Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Youtube tries to ban bull fighting

Still Waters

It all goes to show that humanity is not fully civilized yet. Hell, just watching professional wrestling should prove that.

I don't think there will ever be a civilised humanity, my friend, they will always be a feeling of “want, greed, domination” within man, just look at the quality of individuals we are producing, we are always going to be dependent on them.

Sexual instinct in itself is enough to make some individuals act uncivilised.

We exist in a life of evil.. If you can imagine the worst possible thing that could happen to a child, woman, man… it is subjected to them on a daily basis here on this planet.. “hell on earth.”

We can all only do our bit to bring humanity back into this world.

• Like 2

Oh I think things are getting better. It just takes time, and all trends have there fits and starts.

I love how some people think they should have freedom of speech and freedom of press or whatever on Youtube. Youtube's a privately held company, right? They can ban anything they want.

And bullfighting should be banned everywhere - the type that injures the bulls.

• Like 2

Which reminds me.. we are approaching that barbaric horse race "The Grand National" soon.

I wonder how many poor animals will be "shot or injured" this year in the name of sport? It makes me sick.

But there's a great difference between the Grand National and bullfighting.You can certainly avoid fatalities at Aintree while a bull regardless if he's gored a matador is still a gonner.I think the real problems with the Grand National are twofold.40 runners is way too high.They need to snip it a little bit further at the declaration stage.So anything that's out of the handicap and is an hopeless jumper can be omitted.Horses can also get tired so their jumping gets more laboured as the race progresses.This can even happen in a small field.Also if the ground is too firm the horse can't get a proper springboard to jump the fences anyway.Regardless of all this I'm still having a flutter.

Going back to the bullfighting. It's a no- win situation when your pitting man against beast in front of a crowd of bloodthirsty Spaniards.I don't have an objection to it being banned on YouTube per se.But if you ban it totally it could cause a diplomatic incident.Especially when the person dictating it isn't even from Spain.Besides discretion is required here.Us Brits and the sun lounge nicking Germans rely on the Spaniards to give us cheap package holidays.The last time I checked they also allowed public smoking in bars.So both nations are not going to reap the rewards if some suit from the EU bans it.Also isn't a bull some kind of wild cow.So the bulls carcass could be used in some capacity in a paella.

^^^ Despite all this in a real world it's very cruel.But sometimes we have to make concessions.Your just destroying an entire culture of a nation.Let things stand though. Besides unless your an intrepid tourist there's other opportunities to sightsee.What about the Nou Camp and Olympic Stadium in Barcelona.

Edited by G Donnelly

^^^ Despite all this in a real world it's very cruel.But sometimes we have to make concessions.Your just destroying an entire culture of a nation.Let things stand though. Besides unless your an intrepid tourist there's other opportunities to sightsee.What about the Nou Camp and Olympic Stadium in Barcelona.

Actually, NO, sometimes you have to really stand up to people and give them no concessions whatsoever. As for 'destroying an entire culture' ....... what??!! Are you saying that it doesn't matter what horror is perpetrated as long as someone somewhere chooses to call it 'culture'? Bullies have to be stood up to.

Actually, NO, sometimes you have to really stand up to people and give them no concessions whatsoever. As for 'destroying an entire culture' ....... what??!! Are you saying that it doesn't matter what horror is perpetrated as long as someone somewhere chooses to call it 'culture'? Bullies have to be stood up to.

I can't really can't get this out of my head.It just feels like despite abhorrent the act of bullfighting is it feels like going against the grain.Whatever chinless wonder from Brussels decides to ban it in Spain will have to bear the entire weight of a whole nation.Though having a kip in the afternoon is relatively harmless it's effectively putting it next in the firing line.

However I have just given my head a rattle and decided they should have a longer siesta and totally forget these crazy notions of slaughtering bulls.I don't think the UK will bear the brunt of the consquences anyway.

Bull-fighting is animal abuse ...... pure and simple. Some people may well view it as 'a much loved tradition', but it's a much loved tradition of animal abuse. WELL DONE YouTube!!

Absolutely right...

• Like 1

And rodeo is not animal abuse? Plenty of Rodeo vids on youtube

Perhaps that will be next to go? They've made a start and that's the main thing.

• Like 1

Bullfighting is probably one of the most cowardice 'sports' i can think of. 'Let's tire a bull out, put multiple spears in it's shoudlers, then once it's tired and bleeds out, we'll shove a sword through it's spine. Then we'll be brave.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Screw tradition.I've had an about turn...

One of my Facebook friends who incidently is in charge of a dogs refuge for Boxers shared a photo on my timeline.It's to do with a matadors last fight where he collapsed in remorse where he realised he had to fight this gentle creature.The grievously wounded bull refused to fight the matador itself and ever since the matador has been an avid opponent of bullfights.

The matador was quoted as saying at the time of his eulogy...

"And suddenly,I looked at the bull.He had this innocence that all animals have in their eyes,and he looked at me with this pleading.It was like a cry for justice,deep down inside of me.I describe it as being a prayer-because if one confesses,it is hoped that one is forgiven.I felt like the worse ******** on Earth."

^^^^ It's guys like this through a load of soul searching and "our fathers" which can change a whole countries stance on something that's accepted as part of their tradition.Which is has been my biggest fallacy on this thread.If more matadors break down like this it won't even be a tradition anymore.There won't be any diplomatic incidents or eyebrows raised if this matador rebellion continues.And I can't possibly defend a tradition in a country where it isn't even a tradition.It might even end up a memory just like the Moors.So soon you might be scratching an other barbaric blood sport off your list.Good riddance to it!

Still my original feelings havn't changed on National Hunt Racing.

• Like 4

Somebody please correct me if this is not true, but I have the feeling that the bullfight is the last remaining remnant of Roman gladiatorial combat, which mostly involved animals too, and was essentially a pagan religious ritual of animal sacrifice to the gods. What is that doing in Christian countries anyway?

There is bravery and great style involved, especially early on, in bullfights. I don't disagree at all with the description of what happens when the bull tires, and can't stand to watch it, but the early part has its glory pageantry and fascination and genuine danger. I would vote for banning the fights if it came up, but I don't want to go overboard downgrading it.

And rodeo is not animal abuse? Plenty of Rodeo vids on youtube

Tu quoque

Somebody please correct me if this is not true, but I have the feeling that the bullfight is the last remaining remnant of Roman gladiatorial combat, which mostly involved animals too,

I think you are right.

and was essentially a pagan religious ritual of animal sacrifice to the gods.

There were other reasons, from wiki; "Bull-baiting was not only practised as a form of recreation. In early modern England, many towns had bye-laws regulating the sale of meat, which stipulated that bulls' flesh should be baited before any bull was slaughtered and put on sale. It was believed that baiting improved the flesh"

What is that doing in Christian countries anyway?

Very good question. Even though Christianity holds that non-human animals are there to serve man, there are several admonitions in the Bible to treat them without cruelty.

• Like 1

Somebody please correct me if this is not true, but I have the feeling that the bullfight is the last remaining remnant of Roman gladiatorial combat, which mostly involved animals too, and was essentially a pagan religious ritual of animal sacrifice to the gods. What is that doing in Christian countries anyway?

It might be true but it certainly isn't a Catholic thing.Because you don't see it practised in other Catholic strongholds like Ireland,Italy,Poland and France.If anything it looks like a pagan thing but it dosn't have anything to do with Roman gladiators.Despite it also being true that they pitted these guys against lions,other wild beasts and against themselves.If this tradition continued you would find bullrings popping up in Italy for definite what with it being the heart of the Holy Roman Empire.But did the Moors invade these other countries to the extent which they did to Spain.But I don't think that's where the answer is.It could well have been imported from Central America.Well I did say it was a pagan thing.It could have even been Central America because Mexico does have active bullfighting.It could be a new twist on the ritual sacrifice that the Mayans and Aztecs performed.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

Perhaps that will be next to go? They've made a start and that's the main thing.

Justin Beiber videos are abuse to my ears... hopefully they ban those soon as well.

• Like 5

So I should delete my videos on the childrens fun-day kitten strangling contest, and the always popular puppy drowning contest? What will we watch for entertainment if these harmless sports are banned by intolerant puritans.......

By that logic, YouTube should allow uploads of hanging, stoning and death by firing squad in the Middle East.

They do. If you move away from the English language side you will see uncensored horrors.........

• 5 months later...

The day the bulls are killed with bare hands will be the day it's worth watching. Until then I'm unimpressed by the "sport". It's as boring to watch as hunting or fishing.

Aha yes I agree! cowards, every last one of them