Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What will it take for the USA to wake up.

MetalShinobi

Every day I see more and more instances of injustices being committed by people or organizations with too much power and authority. Politicians, corporations, police. and so on. I don't want to get into specifics but I'm willing to be each and every one of us, other countries I'm sure have it just as bad or worse but I can only speak as an american, have been affected by ridiculous laws, rules, catch 22s, and so on, as well as harassed and falsely arrested by the police. So many people are aware of how messed up everything is but have a roll over and accept it cause there's nothing I can do mentality. The system is designed to keep the rich getting richer and to keep to poor, poor to be milked like cattle, even though the poor out number the rich completely. I would like to see what you guys think about what it will take for Americans to wake up, stop rolling over and feeding the beast, and bring about a revolution. What will be the proverbial straw to break the camel's back.

• Like 2

welcome to UM. You may enjoy some of the political discussions we have ongoing about the Americas and uSA in particular.

As for your topic. Yeah its a cesspool of idiocracy.

• Like 4

Welcome to the age of the professional politician. Doesn't matter if they are liberal or conservative, fact is there isn't a nickel's worth of difference in them they are all out to get re-elected or elected. This thing about that ones a liberal or that ones a conservative is just smoke and mirrors. Fact is nether party has ever had a super majority, one where one party could pass laws without the need for any other votes. That means that the liberal have made deals to vote for conservative things and conservatives have made deals for their votes, no other way that it happens. Then the politicians go on TV and cry about the way "them b*******" did them. Next week it's the other way around. They made a plan in the smoke filled back rooms as to who was going to vote for what and when before..........then danced in front of the TV cameras when needed for their own gain.

When I make my own country, I'll be making some changes. You know the US was an experiment. not a bad one, but an experiment none the less. The founding Father could not have foreseen the age of the professional politican, or that kids can go to college and earn a degree in "Government". That is what has ruined this country and we have let it happen.......we've been hoodwinked, bamboozled. we didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Sorry, on a roll there.

• Like 3

Every day I see more and more instances of injustices being committed by people or organizations with too much power and authority. Politicians, corporations, police. and so on. I don't want to get into specifics but I'm willing to be each and every one of us, other countries I'm sure have it just as bad or worse but I can only speak as an american, have been affected by ridiculous laws, rules, catch 22s, and so on, as well as harassed and falsely arrested by the police. So many people are aware of how messed up everything is but have a roll over and accept it cause there's nothing I can do mentality. The system is designed to keep the rich getting richer and to keep to poor, poor to be milked like cattle, even though the poor out number the rich completely. I would like to see what you guys think about what it will take for Americans to wake up, stop rolling over and feeding the beast, and bring about a revolution. What will be the proverbial straw to break the camel's back.

You are right,but you're not alone,its happening everywhere,but no one is going to have a revolution,only countries with dictators do this.
  • Like 1

In college I learned that certain Native American tribes thought that it was not possible to get rich without witchcraft, so any time someone began to prosper, they would hold a big party and give it all away. Of course some were stingy and wouldn't do that, and they would get little hints (like mutilated dolls thrown through their doorway -- until they finally gave in or a mob formed and did them in).

All societies need economic levelers -- mechanisms that steady out the natural tendency for the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. As an idea, that the rich are witches doesn't go down well nowadays, and there are police who protect them. Still, the public demonizing of the rich that goes on all the time does to an extent play that role, in encouraging philanthropy and so on -- hence people like Bill Gates, one of the worst money-grubbers around (if the behavior of his company is any clue) tend to get good press.

Still, we cannot blame the rich for doing what they do best -- making money. The poor are generally poor for a variety of reasons, mostly their own fault or their ignorance. Also, taking money from the rich is harmful to the economy -- they are the ones who take risks and make jobs and keep the wheels turning.

If you want to pay for government, you get the money from the rich: they are the ones who have it. But you have to do it sensibly, in ways that don't destroy their wealth or their incentives to try to make more (remember, the harder they work to make more money, the bigger the tax receipt). This is easy to say, but not easy to do, especially in an environment where wealth has been demonized and politicians are lined up to jump on any concession to the wealthy and their interests. Democracies positively stink at being able to design sensible tax policies.

The job of deciding on what taxes to collect and from whom should not be in the hands of politicians, but in the hands of intependent boar4ds. much as the Federal Reserve or the military or the judicial system should be independent (not so necessary in one-party states but that is another issue).

Hi Frank,I liked your 1st para,maybe someone should chuck a ju-ju doll over the Whitehouse fence. l o l.

I take it from that that you didn't like the rest of what I said. By the way, don't even think about chucking anything over the White House fence. That sounds like deep do-do.

I know one thing that had me very peeved for a long time was being pulled over for what I can only deduce was illegitimate, racially-centered reasoning. I am not a cop, but I know what a vehicle in good working order is, I know I was within a perfectly acceptable range of speed and road-conduct. I had all pertinent and up to date paperwork on my person at the time. A police officer pulled me over because I 'looked suspicious', and I ended up being taken down to a station for 'refusing to provide' him my residency documentation. Only then was it discovered that I did not refuse to hand this man my greencard, but that I just don't have one. I am a natural-born US citizen, but being Native American, Roma, and Comoran, combined with the fact I have an accent, means more than enough people assume I'm a foreigner.

Thanks to you guys for your posts on my topic. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong category, I wasn't too sure where I should have put it. I get so angry about the way the police get away with stuff like that. About a month ago my sixty one year old father was pulled over on his way home from work at 11 at night for supposedly driving to slow, because of the way my dad looks, he was treated like a criminal even though he had done nothing wrong. He was arrested for DUI because he told the police man he was on prescription pain killers, which had had a prescription for and no where on the bottle did it say don't drive or anything like that. However because he could not remember the name, because he never takes pills, the cop assumed he was lying, and even though he passed the FST he was still arrested, forced to take a urine test and pay $100 for it. He then had to pay a bail bondsman to be released.

This is horrible and never should have happened, and worse I know this stuff and worse happens all the time and it just enrages me. That's just a recent example of some thing like this that has happened to me, but I've been aware of how these thing are for a very long time and I have always spoken out against injustices like this even though it makes me unpopular or makes people want to change the subject or not be around me. So people having indifferent or apathetic attitudes toward this stuff really irks me as well, but I understand it. It's over whelming to the point of hopelessness. What I will never understand is how police can treat human beings with such violence, disregard, disrespect, and basically dehumanization. How can any one be so arrogant as to think they have they right, or worse feel it is their duty, to humiliate their fellow human beings, and rob them of their freedom. I'm just rambling now but you get the Idea.

I know one thing that had me very peeved for a long time was being pulled over for what I can only deduce was illegitimate, racially-centered reasoning. I am not a cop, but I know what a vehicle in good working order is, I know I was within a perfectly acceptable range of speed and road-conduct. I had all pertinent and up to date paperwork on my person at the time. A police officer pulled me over because I 'looked suspicious', and I ended up being taken down to a station for 'refusing to provide' him my residency documentation. Only then was it discovered that I did not refuse to hand this man my greencard, but that I just don't have one. I am a natural-born US citizen, but being Native American, Roma, and Comoran, combined with the fact I have an accent, means more than enough people assume I'm a foreigner.

Personally, I think the cop was just checking you out.

I think some of the problem is that cops don't get the proper training with regards to the law and constituitional rights so they don't know what they can and can't do.

One of my friends became a cop when we just got out of high school. He passed the physical requirements, was given two 4 hour classes to educate him on how to properly arrest somebody by reading their Miranda Rights, and how and when to search cars and houses...thats it. The rest was to be on the job training which was a partner that told him what to do but never explaining if they are allowed to do it. He didn't last long as a cop.

Edited by ChewiesArmy

Not so long ago, I had a talk with a friend about this. A revolution sounds like a great idea, but it's not going to happen. There is not enough people who are aware of what going on. We need more people to get mad and stand up and say that they have had enough and that they are not going to take it anymore. Most people in America are sheep and just do what they are told to keep from rocking the boat. Then there are people who care about the future who are willing to tip the boat over hoping it will change things.

Sometimes you can't always do what everyone else is doing. Sometimes, you have to step out of that comfort zone no matter the risks and stand up for what is right.

• Like 2

Sadly, most of the people of the USA are rather lazy and don't care about anything but their own selfish ways. There are patriots here and a lot of good people, but they are far outnumbered by those that don't give a damn about anything and own no set of justice.

I'm sure you'll see a revolution if the government tries to strip rightful owners of their guns.. :gun:

• Like 3

The problem ,IMHO, is the total lack of national unity within the largest section of the population of this country which is by far, whites.

For the majority, it seems that keeping up with the jones's is more important than joining the jones's , standing up together and letting it be know that we're sick of this s%#t and we're not gonna take it anymore. We divided by money, careers, social status, political affilliation, education levels and sometimes even appearance.

If the day ever comes when we in fact do stand united we will be able to control our out of control government, the price of everything, our military like police forces(that no longer protect and serve but disrespect, harrass, and imprison), get rid of all the PC bull and back to just plain common sense.

Of course the question is, what will it take to get us to unite as one people, one voice. I don't know, but we better start doing something before we wake up one morning and there's no gas, no groceries, no work, military patrolling our neighborhoods, mass riots, mass confinements and the total destruction of our constitution and way of life.

OK, that be a worse case scenerio but the basic fact is we are headed down a road that I don't want to travel. What about you?

A note to consider: the possibility exists that obama is quietly getting rid of high ranking US military leaders that have stated they will not open fire on american citizens.

Every day you should see others things as well.

Injustisces will always occur and would not stop just because one day you came into power or any other party.

The system is designed that way but it is a man made system and balance will naturally regain itself, it always does.

We don't need a revolution as much as a return to simpler forms of life, less corporations, less dependend on money and more on each other and the time we can spend together.

Total disclosure on my part is that I have suffered severe bodily injury from the police and have had post tramautic stress over it. I sympahtized with Dorner.

After any war we will have to live with each other so I would rather help others than fight them. What has to be done, has to be done in the end.

In college I learned that certain Native American tribes thought that it was not possible to get rich without witchcraft, so any time someone began to prosper, they would hold a big party and give it all away. Of course some were stingy and wouldn't do that, and they would get little hints (like mutilated dolls thrown through their doorway -- until they finally gave in or a mob formed and did them in).

lol so basically everyone was greedy and didn't want the more successful/luckier people to get ahead in life with what they have earned. Reminds me of today... :whistle: