Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus a....glitch?

ambelamba

Well now we have Pascal's Wager. I wonder what Jupiter thinks of these Christians. Better find a temple of Jupiter and throw some incense on it every now and then -- just to be safe.

Given the possibility that God actually does exist and assuming the infinite gain or loss associated with belief in God or with unbelief, a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.).
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Sounds like a logical thing to do...

Three days later and nary an outraged, raving Christian tearing up the thread. Those #@$% Christians! You can't even count on them to get riled up when you poke at em!

It is like threads where you ask Christians if they should convert aliens, or convert bigfoot. The answer is not worth even worrying about till the aliens or bigfoot are located. You need a sharper stick or more venom in your OP. :w00t:

I`d say Jesus was more of a power surge in warnings of actions, forgive them father for they don`nt know what in the hell they are doing:):)

• Like 1

Does anyone else see the OP as, "not very intelligent?" A person is known for their works.

Edited by notforgotten
  • Like 1

Does anyone else see the OP as, "not very intelligent?" A person is known for their works.

At least I ain't no slave to the moldy dogma!

And dude, you believe in demonic possession aren't ya? I feel sorry for your archaic mind.

Edited by Ron Jeremy

At least I ain't no slave to the moldy dogma! I'd rather be a slave to God than a slave to the Evil One.

And dude, you believe in demonic possession aren't ya? I feel sorry for your archaic mind. I've been possessed by a demon twice. And I've seen two, they had a horn and four nubs on their heads. They walk with the dead (the human spirits in hell without God). One of the demons told me that it was his job to do evil to me.

I pray for those without God in the afterlife. They truly are lost souls. It's wise to believe in God and his son Jesus.

I keep reading "Jesus is an itch"

I gotta get my glasses fixed :no:

Going off the Matrix parallel... How do you know that Jesus was not the Architect, or a Mr Smith, instead of glitch? You can't

But still recognizing him and living a "good" life results in a "win".

Sometimes I wonder if the whole universe is a form of massive computer program. Considering the size and everything in this universe, there has to be some bugs and glitches. It's not a perfect cosmos. Some bugs here, some glitches over there. I wonder if so-called supernatural phenomenons are actually the results of 'glitches' in this universe.

What if Jesus was one of those glitches? What if even 10% of his miracles in the gospels have a kernel of truth, thanks to some amazing universal bug happened to Jesus?

Surely it's beyond blasphemous to call Jesus a glitch in the cosmos, but that's the very reason why I entertain myself with such thought, as an amateur blasphemer.

Hey aren't you the one that constantly blames Jesus for constant failure in his life... even for not being able to score with women? :w00t:

If the whole universe is a massive computer program, then in this code, you are just a useless recursive subroutine that is over-burning its own sector where it resides !

I pray for those without God in the afterlife. They truly are lost souls. It's wise to believe in God and his son Jesus.

Pfff.

Hey aren't you the one that constantly blames Jesus for constant failure in his life... even for not being able to score with women? :w00t:

If the whole universe is a massive computer program, then in this code, you are just a useless recursive subroutine that is over-burning its own sector where it resides !

Hey, at least I am trying to make myself useful to this world, trying to be a productive member of the society.

Sometimes I wonder if the whole universe is a form of massive computer program. Considering the size and everything in this universe, there has to be some bugs and glitches. It's not a perfect cosmos. Some bugs here, some glitches over there. I wonder if so-called supernatural phenomenons are actually the results of 'glitches' in this universe.

What if Jesus was one of those glitches? What if even 10% of his miracles in the gospels have a kernel of truth, thanks to some amazing universal bug happened to Jesus?

Surely it's beyond blasphemous to call Jesus a glitch in the cosmos, but that's the very reason why I entertain myself with such thought, as an amateur blasphemer.

Actually... as a christian I agree with the basic concept, not that Jesus was a glitch, in my view he is maybe a "game walkthrough", showing us how its done properly. As for the universe itself being a "matrix" of a kind, that is almost a given. Scientifically speaking, phycists are pretty much coming to the same conclusion. The parallels between our universe and a "virtual universe" within a computer are astounding.

Edited by Jor-el

Three days later and nary an outraged, raving Christian tearing up the thread. Those #@$% Christians! You can't even count on them to get riled up when you poke at em!

So are you all just making these claims to irritate Christians? It seems to be the only explaination. After all, I mean I've heard some ridiculous 'theories' in my day, but this one just takes the cake. :lol: Not only is it backed by absolutely no evidence, but it's about as big of an assumption as to say the Matrix movies are an absolute truth... Just kinda petty in my opinion.

So really, despite the fact that it's against the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ to be mad or hate anyone, even if we should get mad there's nothing to be angry about for this one. It's honestly just something to lol, roll our eyes, and walk on with actually. I'd rather talk actual science and history rather than hair brained theories such as this.

At least I ain't no slave to the moldy dogma!

And dude, you believe in demonic possession aren't ya? I feel sorry for your archaic mind.

Once again, further evidence for a volitional mindset rather than a rational one. I don't know what caused your distaste for Jesus, but his teachings are actually much more freeing than you probably realize. :hmm: It doesn't matter what a few Christian hypocrites have said, only his love and a relationship with the one true God is capable of giving true freedom. I'll be praying for you my friend...

I don't know what caused your distaste for Jesus, but his teachings are actually much more freeing than you probably realize.

"What caused his distaste for Jesus"? Well, he claims that because of Jesus he has lost everything in life. :( And by that he means he couldn't score with women.

He has narrated before, the tragic story of his life :

Until 2005 I took Jesus' teachings as my absolute guidance of my life. Jesus was my lord and my master. There was no 'why' I had to follow his commandment. I just had to. The commandment that I took very seriously was the one about lust. I feared God's wrath all the time since I was a fundamentalist Christian. I was afraid of having lust after women. I really was. Another commandment I also took very seriously was about abandoning ego. I took it so seriously that I tried to break down my ego and id.

As a result, I lost about 10 years of my life.

I kicked all the chances to have relationships with beautiful women. One was a heiress of a super wealthy family, other was a Ukrainian model and the other was...another model signed with Ford agency. To put it bluntly and rudely, I could bang them all. Or I could have ended up marrying that super wealthy girl who also did some lingerie modeling gigs in France. Thanks to Jesus, I lost everything. Everything.

Unlike many people in here, I am pretty much firmly footed in physical reality. I am a materialist and proud of it. Whenever someone praises Jesus I feel sick to the stomach. Maybe I took him too seriously. (someone might jibberjabber that you can't take Jesus seriously enough.)

Oh, I forgot. You won't believe me but one other I girl I missed the opportunity was a Spanish blue blood aristocrat. She was a petite girl with a huge breast and average but cute face. I keep remembering all the women I missed. I also miss a Venezuelan heiress who was my classmate, who was somewhat pretty but she had a heart of Gold. Later I found out that she really wanted to sleep with me. Thank you, Jesus for ruining my life.

So I guess you guys have a picture how I feel about Jesus and Christianity. Thanks to his 'eternal truth' I missed a lot in my life.

Let it out guys! Don't hold back your tears! :(

Edited by XingWi
  • Like 2

I would say that Jesus was the patch for the corrupted code of mankind.

Edited by J. K.
  • Like 1

The other alternative is that jesus represents the original, uncorrupted, code of life and that the rest of us, and our existence, is riddled with mal ware, viruses, and missing or corrupted files. In christ's own words, slightly paraphased "we all need to be reformatted into a new being."

In addition revelation allegorically speaks of our hard drive being wiped out, and then replaced with a new one, on which we willl exist in a purer and uncorrupted state.

I keep reading "Jesus is an itch"

I gotta get my glasses fixed :no:

something you just have to scratch? Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

"What caused his distaste for Jesus"? Well, he claims that because of Jesus he has lost everything in life. :( And by that he means he couldn't score with women.

lol :tu:
  • Like 1

I bet Jesus new some hot chicks

What? All that suffering and THEN he quits. That is like selling your stocks at the bottom of the recession.

Why would he say he "Could have ended up marrying that heiress..."? Marrying people is not against God's plans. Seems he ran in some serious high profile circles. If so, then those ladys were probably also Christian, and he should have stuck it out for 6 months or so (rather then 10 years) and he could have got married.

But then he might have had a hard time being married with all those extra sexy ladies running around. DAMNATION! His life is Ruined again......

• Like 1

(shrug)

Seems like a couple of guys are out to get me. Well, that's the nature of internet forums so I will have to live with that.

I gotta confess, there are a lot of details in my life that I never bothered to share with you people. And some things should better be hidden. What that scum did the internet necromancy was just a tip of the iceberg. Trust me on that. I did followed the teachings of Jesus blindingly and paid the price. Actually, it's partly my fault because I am in a high-functioning autism scale and I take things very literally. Maybe I shouldn't have been exposed to Christianity so that I could be more loose and functional. And yes, I indeed ran into some high profile circle of people many years ago.

You know, I am not completely disregarding the supernatural. I just believe that they have some very 'mechanical' origins. Seeing Jesus dressed in white? Being possessed by demons a couple of times? If you see the universe and the world as a form of program then it might be able to shed some light on that. Heck, even hearing voices of Jesus to kill people might also be explainable as a form of cosmic glitch.

See, a number of physicists are trying to prove that this universe might be a form of simulation. My bet is that it can be. And from that perspective so many things can be explained. Supernatural experiences are...basically a form of malfunctions in the cosmic structures. The reason why I buy into this is that supernatural phenomenons should be best ignored until we would be able to pinpoint the exact mechanisms of them.

All the supernatural and paranormal phenomenons are best described as being very rare and extraordinary. I can't help seeing them as some form of cosmic glitches. That's just me. Or a group of scientists.