Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confusion about OBE, I was almost there..

iShadow

Okay so hello everyone, This may be a little bit long as I am going to tell my whole story ever since it started.

So I am a very very spiritual person per nature, I always believed I Was diffrent but I didn't know how or why as everyone keept denieing it, I grew scared of talking about it.

Then one day on one social site I seen a girl, just a random girl, many of those are all around, but this one specific one made me feel an urge, like something pulling myself, some inner power that keept repeating CONNECT TO HER, SPEAK TO HER.

After a while of random chats, it feelt like I already knew her, somehow, somewhere, I even described her, I didn;t know how, words just keept flowing through my mind as I realised we were very similiar as in personalities. And as we spoke she told me about astral projection, I didn't know what it was untill I took my last 3 days looking up and reading, researching and gathering all the knowledge I Can about it, and as I did, I figured out it had been happeningb efore that "Lost hope" phase on my life, I also figured out it was because of the fear, low confidence and negative energy, and I had got rid of all of these as soon as I Spoke to her.

I have that feeling of a NEED, A DESIRE, it's very strong like really strong to AP, like something's calling me to do it.

The first time I tryed, I was kinda high and I didn't know much about it, I just looked something up and tryed it, and the outcome was AMAZING now that I realised how stupid I Was.

I got those crazy vibrations, my body was just about to pop out when I freaked out because of my fast heartbeat, I wasn't afraid, I was too surprised though as I had read the first time isn't likely to work and didn't have much knowledge about it.

It was totally pure, I tryed first and didnt work, then I gave up and went to sleep and it just happened.

But then the next 2 days I've been trying hard to get it, the second day I was able to get my self to vibrate, not as hard, but it was fine, I somehow controled it but keept losing it because of my distractive thoughts.

The 3rd day I barely got any vibrations, even though I had tryed using Binaural beats ; [media=]

[/media]

I tryed arund 4 times, 1 time before I sleep, 1 time when I Wake up, 1 time before a nap (which I didnt mean to have) but I got so sleepy after I tryed it that I fell asleep, and I tryed it once more after the nap.

At one or two of those, I think I had done it but lost concsiousness and fell asleep.

Resutls are always diffrent, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. the best thign tha worked for me was keping focus on those light paterns that appear in my mind, but I usualy fail and exhaust my Physical eyes instead of keeping them rested, which ruins everything..

I really need some help on this one, I need to do it, it's a really weird feeling that I haven't got in a long time..

Sorry for making this so long, I tryed a few techniques, but none of them worked ever since the first time simply because I don't vibrate fast enough.

Help would be very appreciated.

Edited by iShadow

Resutls are always diffrent, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. the best thign tha worked for me was keping focus on those light paterns that appear in my mind, but I usualy fail and exhaust my Physical eyes instead of keeping them rested, which ruins everything..

I really need some help on this one, I need to do it, it's a really weird feeling that I haven't got in a long time..

Sorry for making this so long, I tryed a few techniques, but none of them worked ever since the first time simply because I don't vibrate fast enough.

Help would be very appreciated.

Ah welcome to a new member, nice timing.

Here is the most common technique that people use to induce an OBE. Pretty much most of the people around who are into OBE's seem to be using this technique...

It's called a WILD technique. (Wake Induced Lucid Dream). You can find it here http://www.world-of-...cid-dreams.html

So have a read of that and read the OBE Exit section if that is the experience you're after(also take note how the transition may be virtually seamless). So don't worry too much about the vibrating. ;)

Edited by Kazahel

I am reading about it, however will this allow me to completely astral project? or what does it have to do with OBE?

I'm kinda confused haha

What I want is to begin with the room astral projection and somehow explore the astral worlds, I have read a lot about them and how infinite they are..

Also are those beats over there good enough?

Edited by iShadow

I am reading about it, however will this allow me to completely astral project? or what does it have to do with OBE?

I'm kinda confused haha

What I want is to begin with the room astral projection and somehow explore the astral worlds, I have read a lot about them and how infinite they are..

Then yes the WILD technique is for you. It will allow you to experience the feeling of leaving the body if that is what you're after. Then once you're out just explore or imagine a place to go to. And I suppose the 'astral worlds' are as infinite as your imagination, subconscious and consciousness will allow.

Also are those beats over there good enough?

Personally I've never used beats.

I'm still a bit confused though, isn't it more prefered if I astral project right away instead of doing it through lucid dreams?

I'm still a bit confused though, isn't it more prefered if I astral project right away instead of doing it through lucid dreams?

It can be confusing.

The WILD technique will allow you to experience the feeling of leaving the body(having an OBE). In step 3 you can either do the Visualization Method or do the OBE Exit.

So in step 3 just do the OBE Exit. If you click on the 'out of body experiences' link in the OBE Exit section it will lead you to another page where it explains a few different ways to leave the body. (Step 3 Move out of Body).

I tend to naturally do the rolling one.

Another way to do this is when you wake up from a dream don't open your eyes or move a muscle. Just keep the awareness and roll 'out of body' straight away. You are already in the stage in order to do it(if you do it as soon as you wake up/so on the line of waking fully and still sleeping). Hard to describe but you'll know when you can because you will roll quite easily. It will feel as if your body is really rolling and then the next thing you know you're on the floor.

After reading around and rememberin what hapened the first tme I think I actualy managed to eject out of my body for a little bit..

That's what happened exactly;

After getting sleep paralysis, also konwn as the heavy vibratons and the buzzing or weird sounds, I let it happen, I didnt yet know techniques to let my self out and I Was kinda dizzy as I had just gotten high (the effect of the highness it self was gone, I was perfectly aware of what's happening but feeling drowzy/dizzy) it feelt like something was pulling me out automaticaly and I couldnt understand that I was actualy being pulled out (if I'm right), and then I was struggling, I wasn't feeling fear, It's a bit hard to describe the feelin but my heart was beating so fast and my body was so numb that it was so uncomfortable that I wanted to get out, besides I was being estoniched, or surprised by the fact thta it happened on the very first time which made me freak out and lose my concentration for a bit when my struggles came up with something, I was moving, I woke up, couldnt see clearly, things were diffrent in a way.. cloros.. the room was dark yet I was seeing somehow clearer the more I close and reopen my eyes, I thought it was physical at first untill I read that the astral popout feels just as if I Was doing it physicaly, then I came to think about it all over again..I really aint sure if it's what I think it is.

Any comments?

I'm kinda confused haha

Don't get high before you try and astral project they will actually hinder your experience. Despite popular belief.

Yeah I realised that, it was a random one though, I'm having regular meditation setions now and I'm training as much as possible, Hopefully I will get to control it soon.

I agree that the wild technique is best, it worked for me, but if you try too hard you won't achieve an ap, it's better to not try so hard and just relax or let it happen on its own, I found that struggling to get out or float to the roof makes the vibrations stronger and my heart beats so fast I feel as if I'm having a heart attack, it's not a pleasant feeling so just relax during the vibration stage and imagine yourself rolling off of bed or slipping sideways

• Like 1

I agree that the wild technique is best, it worked for me, but if you try too hard you won't achieve an ap, it's better to not try so hard and just relax or let it happen on its own, I found that struggling to get out or float to the roof makes the vibrations stronger and my heart beats so fast I feel as if I'm having a heart attack, it's not a pleasant feeling so just relax during the vibration stage and imagine yourself rolling off of bed or slipping sideways

Do you have a history of heart attacks? Because it might have been one if you do.

• Like 1

Personally I've never used beats.

I've never been able to experience anything of the 'out of body' type willingly, though I admit I haven't tried much, but I will say the only two times I have ev er experienced sensations related with it, I was both times listening to binaural beats. The first time my head lifted up out of my physical head lying on the pillow, then quickly (with a very odd feeling) dove back in when I realized something was up. The other time I opened my eyes to notice a white-blueish arm was lifted out of my physical arm laying off of the bed to the side. It was aimed up at the elbow, hand bent back and up in a very awkward position. This time it didn't go back in though. I juse tilted my head back and shut m y eyes again, now processing what had happened, then drifted off again.

But I will say that a strong, seemingly more rapid heartbeat and feeling in my chest is a pretty common thing for me when meditating. Often, I'll find it comes when I come to from drifting off. It will also be commonly accompanied by a big, deep wonderful feeling breath. Just one big breath that feels so good to take in, and I realize after I do it that I have come to. As bad as the heart feeling looks when I write it down, it is actually a somewhat pleasant, though odd, feeling. Kind of like that good feeling you get in your chest, but stronger.

• Like 1

Do you have a history of heart attacks? Because it might have been one if you do.

no I don't, and I'm sure it wasn't a heart attack because I would of died, I heard that feeling as if your heart is out of control is common with sleep paralysis so I'm sure it's perfectly normal

I've never been able to experience anything of the 'out of body' type willingly, though I admit I haven't tried much, but I will say the only two times I have ev er experienced sensations related with it, I was both times listening to binaural beats. The first time my head lifted up out of my physical head lying on the pillow, then quickly (with a very odd feeling) dove back in when I realized something was up. The other time I opened my eyes to notice a white-blueish arm was lifted out of my physical arm laying off of the bed to the side. It was aimed up at the elbow, hand bent back and up in a very awkward position. This time it didn't go back in though. I juse tilted my head back and shut m y eyes again, now processing what had happened, then drifted off again.

But I will say that a strong, seemingly more rapid heartbeat and feeling in my chest is a pretty common thing for me when meditating. Often, I'll find it comes when I come to from drifting off. It will also be commonly accompanied by a big, deep wonderful feeling breath. Just one big breath that feels so good to take in, and I realize after I do it that I have come to. As bad as the heart feeling looks when I write it down, it is actually a somewhat pleasant, though odd, feeling. Kind of like that good feeling you get in your chest, but stronger.

i too have had the sensation of lifting my arms over my head when knowing full well my real arms are under my covers, beats really do help when meditating, especially in the evening