Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

heaven?

sugarskullie

Many people believe in Heaven, many do not. Some people simply concede that they don't know.

That said, I do believe there is 'something' beyond the physical.

"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious.” - Albert Einstein

• Like 1

Many people believe in Heaven, many do not. Some people simply concede that they don't know.

That said, I do believe there is 'something' beyond the physical.

"Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in point of fact, religious.” - Albert Einstein

For me, heaven(metaphorically)speaking has come in recognizing that life is uncertain and that control is an illusion we humans use to deal with the uncertainty, Whether it is religion or spirituality, in some way these things lend to a sense of control-- a way to deal with the uncertainty. More then anything else,speaking only for myself, this realization has only lead me to a sense of great personal empowerment--in letting go, I live fuller.

Edited by Sherapy

Great Einstein quote. I don't believe in a religion based heaven, yet I hope heaven exists (according to my desire of what heaven should be like).

I'd like to believe my parents are in heaven (and my recently deceased kitty-cat), but after all is said and done, I don't know and I think it is unknowable.

I think our life force go back to the universe, while our consciousness dies off. So...I am sitting on the fence.

interesting question...

one that keeps coming up...

as in the biblical sense (or the opinion of someone who claims to be learned in the word of the book)

it would be a place separate from the rest of existence...

that would be a sad state...

not in so much that everything wouldn’t be sunny and bright....

and all things wouldn’t be happiness and joy.....

but in the sense that it would be static and unchanging....

so in that sense....

not at all....

in such a static state ... it would lose its appeal... and would, over time, become a sort of hell....

change drives growth....

growth drives inspiration....

inspiration drives change....

a complete cycle....

the cycle that pushes each of us to be better people....

to have things in a static state....

change stops....

growth stops....

the drive, and need to become better then what we are today, stops...

so.....

if we look at the concept in this light....

is the concept of heaven that we hold, a creation of a higher divine being? ...

or an idea that was created and taught by humans? .....

if there is a higher divine being? .... (however you chose to understand that concept)

would not this being want us to grow and become better then we are today? ......

would this being ever want anyone to remain in a static state? ....

the concept of a heaven (a place in a static state) .... and the ideology of a divine being (a loving being that rejoices in your growth and change) don’t fit together....

but....

that’s my own opinion....

I think our life force go back to the universe, while our consciousness dies off. So...I am sitting on the fence.

in the strictest sense of the scientific manner of describing the universe.... i can see that...

but.... and we have been through this before...

science is discovering that everything is nothing more then energy....

so... we are in a vast ocean of energy.....

all that is around us... is created by us in the sense of.....

the energy forms and appears to you how you expect it to be....

so as for floating in the ocean of energy... are we not on that boarder of the living and afterlife at all times?

and are we nothing more then a thought floating around in that ocean of energy bumping into other thoughts floating around?

and if this is the case.....

is the only reason we don’t see those that have chosen to depart the physical state, only because we chose to not see them? ....

because it does not fit with what we have learned and accept about how the nature of the universe works?

(a loop in the nature of how things work starts here)

we learn that what we believe as children is false...

we are taught how the world is....

we manifest the world in the manner we were taught this is how it is....

and we pass this knowledge onto the next generation....

in this manner the magic and wonder a child may hold.... turns to what "the rest of the world" "thinks" .....

thereby ensuring that the world remains as it is... and the universe as well...

but me thinks i just opened a big door of discussions on "other" topics....

and didn’t really say much.... lol .....