Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven

_Only

One day not too long ago, I visited a very tiny, somewhat hidden beach off of a coastline hill trail in Pacifica, California. I had been here a few times before, and loved the spot as it felt special. But this time it felt extra special. I wanted to take a photo of the Sun setting here this day, so I got there early to make sure I had time.

I ended up sitting there waiting for over an hour, as the Sun slowly dipped down in the sky. I ended up laying down, resting in the sand awhile, my head against a rock. I went in and out of thoughts/feelings/consciousness (may have gone in and out of sleep). When I became completely alert again, I had the greatest feeling, as if this place and moment was heaven. I climbed up onto a large rock, and shut my eyes for awhile longer, waiting. Then a tiny little haiku came to me, so I wrote it down on my phone. I then got down and took this photo. I had never before, and have never since, been able to take a photo anywhere near this surreal, 'heavenly' look. Now I understand what it means to truly capture the feeling of a moment in time in photograph.

Perched on sea rock

Eyes shut, patiently waiting

For my Star to set

8369775414_a8fd77cab3_b.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful photo and haiku. I had a similar experience as a thunderstorm began last summer. As I sat there listening I suddenly just felt really calm and serene. I didn't take a photo of anything but the haiku came for me too.

That is a beautiful picture. Would love to see that place.