Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help with stone tablet

bellamikey101

I have a stone tablet my ex-wife left me with that she told me her father had found inEcuador awhile back. I think it looks pretty interesting but I don't have anymore information on it. Was wondering if I could get some help trying to learn more about it. I'll attach a picture. Thanks.

post-138175-0-97278800-1364167131_thumb.

Edited by bellamikey101
  • Like 1

Until you do attach a picture we could only guess.

That is interesting. It looks like hyroglifics and I found a web site that has something a lot like it on there.

The Crespi Ancient Artifact Collection of Cuenca Ecuador

EDIT: What I am talking about is down towards the bottom, page 13.

Edited by Hilander

You should take it to your local Museum, I am sure they can find out about it, or lead you in the right direction.

Good find Hilander... :tu:

• Like 2

Do you think there's any value in this thing? I don't really have any use for it so was just kinda trying to figure out what it was worth.

Do you think there's any value in this thing? I don't really have any use for it so was just kinda trying to figure out what it was worth.

Send a picture of it to some Museums, see what they say. Then, you can check a pawn shop, but personally, I would look for auction places that can get you more money, if it is worth it.

Or, you could do the right thing, and donate it to a Museum :)

I think a museum is the way to go. It may be very valuable if its pre-Inca.

Nice tablet. Best of luck in your investigations.

The Hieroglyphs look very much like they are Inca in origin. I might be mistaken because it's been a few years since I did research on the Inca, it was for highschool but it seems similar.

Upon a google search there were indeed Inca in Ecuador.

The Inca didn't have any hieroglyphs. They used knots in rope to convey language, as I recall.

Harte

• Like 1

The Inca didn't have any hieroglyphs. They used knots in rope to convey language, as I recall.

Harte

Really, I'm stumped now then, I have no idea who I'm thinking of.

Now you've got me stuck on it hahahaha. I will try and find some of my history books relating to the assignment, I've got them stashed in my garage somewhere.

Edited by krypter3

I can't be of any help I'm afraid. According to my mother, my history books got thrown out when we moved houses. Sorry

Edited by krypter3

Harte

Yes that's called the "khipu" if I'm not mistaken.

Please check here for the wiki, not perfect but for once good enough.

• Like 1

Really, I'm stumped now then, I have no idea who I'm thinking of.

Now you've got me stuck on it hahahaha. I will try and find some of my history books relating to the assignment, I've got them stashed in my garage somewhere.

Maybe you were thinking of this, a drawing made by Juan de Santa Cruz Pachacuti Yamqui Salcamayha, a native Peruvian (ca. 1620)

fig079.jpg

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/boe/boe22.htm

Andean Cosmology- Inca Star Map 1613 CE

I found out it is from the Guanguala from Ecuador, Pre Columbian, Ca 1200 AD, perhaps a lintel from a tomb or interior setting.

• Like 1

I found out it is from the Guanguala from Ecuador, Pre Columbian, Ca 1200 AD, perhaps a lintel from a tomb or interior setting.

Cool deal.