Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Pigs Now Ducks

Ashotep

Residents found the dead ducks in Nanhe river in Pengshan county, Sichuan province, and alerted the environmental department, they said.

Local residents and livestock were not at risk as the river was not used for drinking water, officials added.

The news comes as the toll of dead pigs pulled from Shanghai's Huangpu river passed 16,000.

China pulls 1,000 dead ducks from Sichuan river

What is going on with the pigs and ducks? Is someone killing them, some kind of illness or is their pollution worst than we think?

• Like 1

What is going on with the pigs and ducks? Is someone killing them, some kind of illness or is their pollution worst than we think?

These are two different rivers in two different provinces, my money is on a habitual polluter who was paid to properly dispose of these and taking a short cut to increase his profit margin by discarding in remote sections of rivers.

• Like 3

Yes it was two different rivers and it probably is someone dumping these bodies into the river's. You would think if they were going to do that they would just find a remote location. Even if this is why it is happening what was wrong with them to begin with?

Yes it was two different rivers and it probably is someone dumping these bodies into the river's. You would think if they were going to do that they would just find a remote location. Even if this is why it is happening what was wrong with them to begin with?

That is the real important question, because whatever was wrong is now in the river systems/eco system.

• Like 3

That is the real important question, because whatever was wrong is now in the river systems/eco system.

You have got that right. If I lived in China I would be seriously worried.
  • Like 1

You have got that right. If I lived in China I would be seriously worried.

If I was a duck, I'd be more worried!

(lol... sorry)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

The numbers are so large it makes me wonder if it might be testing of some chemical or bio weapon. But out of control pollution is probably the saner conclusion. Not much difference for the pigs and ducks.

Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

• Like 2

Bit of black water emerged from the water tables in the ground would be my bet. Russian roulette of life. All the movements in the earth over the last years could be causing mass disruption of "natural sources".

Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

I shave with it regularly mate! :w00t:
  • Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me if some unheard of disease was born from all this putrid crap that people have been unknowingly drinking. Some nice new superbug with an attitude.