Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ohelemapit

SinclairC5 is voted worst gadget of all time

5 posts in this topic

The battery-powered Sinclair C5 three-wheeler has been branded the biggest gadget disaster of all time.

Sir Clive Sinclair's electric vehicle, which launched in 1985 with a top speed of 15 mph, has topped a list of the worst gizmos. Just 20,000 of the one-person tricycles sold.

Sony's MiniDisc and the Betamax video were also voted as some of the worst gadgets launched.

In second place were Rabbit mobiles, early mobile phones that worked only when the user was near a specific location, marked by a box with the Rabbit.

arrow3.gifView: Read More

Posted (edited)

"MiniDisc and the Betamax video were also voted as some of the worst gadgets launched. In second place were Rabbit mobiles, early mobile phones that worked only when the user was near a specific location, marked by a box with the Rabbit."

That hardly seems fair, since they were pioneers of technology and it would be ridicuously unfair to expect them to be as sophisticated as technology that had the beneift of years of development. They weren't the worst, just that they paid the penalty for being first, and (with Betamax) being overtaken by rival systems that probably had better funding behind them.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
2 people like this

mini discs are cool ...... love the feel and the design, looks smashing

minidisc.jpg

mini blu-ray sounds just about right ...... I wonder if ..... what you guys thinks ?

1 person likes this

First efforts usually aren't the best but they are a beginning.

Digital audio tape: It was another Sony home recording invention and precursor to the doomed MiniDisc.

I couldn't have lived without my DAT machine. What the heck else was I supposed to mix my 8-track S-VHS ADAT recordings down to?