Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does the Spirit World exist?

Jor-el

Does the Spirit world exist?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Doess the Spirit world exist?

• No, it doesn't, only the material universe exists. We live and we die, gameover.
    • The spirtual world as we call it is merely an extension of the physical universe.
    • There may be a spirtual world, but since I have never experienced it, I remain a skeptic.
    • Yes the spirit world exists, but that does not mean that it is the biblical one.
    • Yes, the spirit world exists, as expressed by the bible.

I voted 'maybe' because I hope there is but the sceptic inside wanted to vote for 'no' .

• Like 1

Mr. Hawking believes black holes are tape recorders.

Huh?

Huh?

Hawking believes that black holes record everything they eat. To be used later to make a new universe.

Hawking is a brilliant intellect but I think he must also be a bit insecure. By rejecting the idea of a creative entity he is assuming that the mind of man is all there is. Arrogant if you ask me. Since no evidence exists I feel quite comfortable in my faith in the Bible. I'm sure that there are portions of it that have been misunderstood and we will be quite surprised when it is explained some day but it is the only text that explains some of what will be before it happens.

I voted skeptic, but I did have one experience after my mother died that I can't explain in scientific terms. I aslo suspect the ghost of my cat is lurking around the house. I don't know. I think no one really knows.

I voted for the extension of the physical universe, but the option about it not being the biblical one also applies.

Someone probably already did this, but the words "spirit world" compel me to do it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzWk1IfS6c

Edited by MysticStrummer
  • Like 1

I voted for the extension of the physical universe, but the option about it not being the biblical one also applies.

Someone probably already did this, but the words "spirit world" compel me to do it :

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxzWk1IfS6c[/media]

Lmao, I always thought that too.

We humans already fall into three very separate categories:

1. Those of us who believe in the world of spirit, life after death, and reincarnation.
  2. The folks who have an open mind but no firm conviction
  3. Those who are adamant that death is the end and will remain so until they are shown solid proof

So will this computer be able to link into a spirit presence in a building? Yes, it sounds very far-fetched, but remember the mind lives on after death and so do our senses. So, if this nifty gadget can link into human senses, then technically it should also be able to link into the senses of a deceased spirit. An “emotionally aware” computer is expected to read human thoughts by analyzing a range of facial movements and has been designed to diagnose a person’s mental state.

This new technology is designed as a tool to aid reaction, online teaching and tailored advertising. Now that this new line of thought has opened up, perhaps it won’t be too long before the potential is recognized and a “spirit detecting model” is on sale!

Remember, we are all energy and after death we are still energy, so could this computer give proof of life after death and detect the presence of spirits?

Source: http://www.channelin...t-world-exists/

Hello Jor-el,

What is matter is tangible, measurable. What is spirit or soul is "awareness" (when it comes to the afterlife situation and "awakening"); therefore, it's not made of energy, for energy is measurable. First, NDE is not the same as Lazarus Syndrome. The way I define Lazarus Syndrome is when the body is already in the decaying mode... "My body is rejuvenating itself right before my very eyes!!!" That expression is one major difference between NDE and LS. LS also has an element of prophesy (usually), not about the world (but I wouldn't discount it), but about the actual person who was raised from the dead. Only few LS people remember their sojourn in the afterlife...

Unlike Lazarus Syndrome, NDE has always an element of doubt. "Was it only a dream?" the typical self-doubt.

I answered, "Yes, the spirit world exists, as expressed by the bible." Through death, the things said in the Bible about the afterlife will fall into place. Like it or not, death is not the end; therefore, one should prepare oneself for the inevitable. Is it the Void, Nirvana, Moksha, reincarnation...or Paradise for you? Choose. Know your path like your "life" totally depends on it. Dissect the teachings. Share your thoughts and concerns with the rest of the world. It's the reason why the miracle of the internet is here, now.

“Spirit detecting model.” Wouldn't that be cool, sort of like the movie The Chronicles of Riddick (Lensors); however, spirit is a "no thing," and that's the stumbling block. The machine would be able to measure the effects (the "echos") but not the cause, itself. Spirit is a detachable "awareness." It's not of the flesh, and yet, it is in sync with the metaphysical body (chakras, etcetera).

Peace.

• Like 1

Hello Jor-el,

What is matter is tangible, measurable. What is spirit or soul is "awareness" (when it comes to the afterlife situation and "awakening"); therefore, it's not made of energy, for energy is measurable. First, NDE is not the same as Lazarus Syndrome. The way I define Lazarus Syndrome is when the body is already in the decaying mode... "My body is rejuvenating itself right before my very eyes!!!" That expression is one major difference between NDE and LS. LS also has an element of prophesy (usually), not about the world (but I wouldn't discount it), but about the actual person who was raised from the dead. Only few LS people remember their sojourn in the afterlife...

Unlike Lazarus Syndrome, NDE has always an element of doubt. "Was it only a dream?" the typical self-doubt.

I answered, "Yes, the spirit world exists, as expressed by the bible." Through death, the things said in the Bible about the afterlife will fall into place. Like it or not, death is not the end; therefore, one should prepare oneself for the inevitable. Is it the Void, Nirvana, Moksha, reincarnation...or Paradise for you? Choose. Know your path like your "life" totally depends on it. Dissect the teachings. Share your thoughts and concerns with the rest of the world. It's the reason why the miracle of the internet is here, now.

“Spirit detecting model.” Wouldn't that be cool, sort of like the movie The Chronicles of Riddick (Lensors); however, spirit is a "no thing," and that's the stumbling block. The machine would be able to measure the effects (the "echos") but not the cause, itself. Spirit is a detachable "awareness." It's not of the flesh, and yet, it is in sync with the metaphysical body (chakras, etcetera).

Peace.

Thank you for that braveone2u, I knew a person who died 2 times as well, one for a a full 24 hours, and onother time for 12 hous, one of those times, it was after having fallen from a tree from a height of a dozen meters.

He mentioned his experiences to me and they reflected an almost dantescan hell. His 1st experience made a christian of him. His 2nd experience was an experience of heaven, with a message to tell others of what he saw. He became an evengelist.

I would like to share the following news I found which is an interesting counter view, in that the person recieved a vision about his own death and that of many others...

The pastor of the Assembly of God, Luiz Antonio Rodrigues da Luz, one of the victims of Flight 3054 TAM, said during a sermon in April had a revelation from God about "dozens and hundreds of people dead."

The video of ten minutes with the pastor's preaching is on the internet, on YouTube, and since Friday has had more than 74,000 visits.

The vision occurred in February, shortly after he returned from a trip to Japan.

During the sermon, held at an evangelical conference in Camboriu (SC), the pastor said he was at home and, after praying, went to bed but could not sleep because it had a spiritual rapture. "The Lord caught me up in spirit. I saw things that I thought could never have seen," he said.

07204147.jpg

In the vision, the pastor reported that he saw things "beautiful and heavenly". Then he told the audience what had said only to his wife: "I saw dozens and hundreds of people killed rolled into something that I could not discern and were taken to a strange and dark," said the pastor preaching.

"But there came a time that I arrived at the high place and he who was with me said go back. Because you have a lot to do down there," the pastor at the time admitted that he didn't want to return.

Luz also said while preaching that he awoke in tears, "not by the sadness of the experience", but because it had been so wonderful that he was desperately sad to return. "

"I did not want to return," he said in his sermon.

Rodrigues da Luz was 43 years old and was pastor of the Evangelical Church Assembly of God in Ivoti in Rio Grande do Sul He left three children, ages 16, 19 and 22 years.

http://translate.goo...ved=0CDcQ7gEwAA

The video is in Portuguese, sorry about that.

[media=]

The video of the plane accident that killed this Pastor.

Edited by Jor-el

My beliefs about life after death come from a mixture of Near Death Experiences, Death Bed Visions, Quantum Physics, and The Holographic Universe theory.

I live my life in a mostly "Taoist" sort of way. Which means Wu-wei (action through inaction) and the idea of a tree bending in the wind or water going downhill going around an object rather than trying to go through it. In fact that is the way I lived my life even before I learned about Taoism. It was only much later in life that I learned about Taoism and figured out that was who I was.

I recently turned 60 years old. Most of my relatives died in their early to mid 70's so I figure I might have another 12 to 16 years of life left before it comes my turn to cross over and learn if my beliefs have any validity.

Art

Thank you for that braveone2u, I knew a person who died 2 times as well, one for a a full 24 hours, and onother time for 12 hous, one of those times, it was after having fallen from a tree from a height of a dozen meters.

He mentioned his experiences to me and they reflected an almost dantescan hell. His 1st experience made a christian of him. His 2nd experience was an experience of heaven, with a message to tell others of what he saw. He became an evengelist.

Hi Jor-el,

My first death happened when I was 6. I materialized at a place where children go, at least I assumed this. The angelic nanny(?) was not very happy to see me there because someone made a mistake. I somehow knew this that someone made a MAJOR mistake. In fact, I saw the angelic nanny(?) rebuked the being, who was behind me. Was that reality Paradise? I didn't see any castles or landscapes. The place was bright and those beings were luminescent. The thought that came to me was the beings were perfect, no blemish, bright. They were all the same color -- made of light. I was quickly removed from that reality, and I found myself hovering over my hysterical mom, sobbing her heart out, and my dead body...

The second death happened when I was 9. I drowned after falling in a big oil drum filled with water (with my head first). My soul didn't go anywhere. I was hovering over the bathroom, next to the ceiling. I was, however, able to see the vast universe through the ceiling, and there was a glass-like being waiting with me for the rescue to arrive, to have my body lifted out of that oil drum. The glass-like being (like the Silver Surfer in appearance but glass) was probably 8 ft. tall. It was not an angel but a gatekeeper. It was not luminescent. My grandfather, the hero of the day, was totally freaked out to see my dead body come back to life. He even told me to not tell my parents about the incident.

The third death happened in 2000. One of the interest things about this particular death was its process. It didn't happen instantly. I was ill for quite a long time, and when death started to kick in, I found my consciousness in between worlds. Half of it was in this world and the other half was in the "shadow world"(?). It was totally unlike the Void. "Shadow world" is the closest thing I could think of because the beings there were shadow-like and very tall and awesome but not scary. They were aware of my presence. I was aware that they're bound by certain rules, and they're not allowed to mess with me. I realized that these beings were capable of inflicting suffering. Some of them invaded my awareness. Certain people may even be acquainted with some of them.

The Void was vast and empty, absolute darkness, with no senses available, except when Jesus(?) appeared. At least in the "shadow world," there was shade of darkness, grey, and shadow-like visuals and telepathy.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u