Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prehistoric Bullet Hole

Ashotep

An Auroch is an large, extinct “buffalo like” animal. Many skeletons of this extinct type have been found in Europe.

What is remarkable about one in particular in the Moscow Museum of Palaeontology is that it has a bullet hole in its skull. The hole is round, without radial cracks that would result from slower projectiles like spears and arrows. The only known projectile that leaves this kind of smooth, round hole without radial cracks is a bullet because of its velocity.

Prehistoric Bullet Holes

Really think this was made by a bullet. This animal went extinct 8000 years ago.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe an extinct animal of that time had been inflicted with a bullet wound. This has hoax written all over it.

Edited by Collateral Damage
  • Like 1

They also claim a Neanderthal mans skull in the British Museum has one in it too.

A similar round, clean, smooth hole without radial cracks was found in the skull of a “Neanderthal” man found in the early 1920’s in Rhodesia. The man supposedly died over 40,000 years ago.

Personally I think there must be another explanation for it since this happened at a time there were no guns.

• Like 1

Great article post! I've never heard about this before. :tu:

Well if it is true, those ancient advanced civilization theories would be real.

The Kabbal does obtain information on Atomic/nuclear fusion doesn't it?

Well if it is true, those ancient advanced civilization theories would be real.

The Kabbal does obtain information on Atomic/nuclear fusion doesn't it?

Are you referring to the Kabbalah? I've searched "Kabbal" and Kabbalah is what appeared linked to wiki. I'm quite curious as to what this is.

Maybe a tiny meteorite?I dont know but very much doubt a bullet :gun::lol:

• Like 1

Maybe a tiny meteorite?I dont know but very much doubt a bullet :gun::lol:

Very, very much doubt. The odds of a tiny meteorite penetrating this Auroch is far more astronomical than even a bullet doing so.

• Like 1

Was just a guess haha :tu:

• Like 1

Are you referring to the Kabbalah? I've searched "Kabbal" and Kabbalah is what appeared linked to wiki. I'm quite curious as to what this is.

I tried to google it and now I think i got the name wrong. I thought kabbalah was the religion of the Kabbal. I must be wrong.

It was some sort of manuscript that was all code or something like that and when they worked it out it had knowledge of atomic energy/bombs and other weird stuff. The reason I heard about this was because it was one of the things Hitler was trying to find. Which they believe the "bell" had something to do with. I think it was from India or Pakistan. So maybe it was Kabbalah.

here's one for all you gun-wielding folks out there: does it make a difference in the appearance of the hole wether you shoot the live animal or just its bones? maybe somebody just used that thing for target practise?

It could have been a round pointed spesar too. Sorry no prove of bullets

Personally I think there must be another explanation for it since this happened at a time there were no guns.

Yeah? How do YOU know?!

The source for this is s8int.com, a site that has... well, very loose standard for evidence.

I have read about the neanderthal skull before, there's a good analysis here by an actual archaeologist, always a plus.

Does it say the age of the skull? Aurochs died out in 1627, maybe it could have been shot, although the age of the skull may rule that out.

First:

I mention the auroch first because of a possible objection that can be raised. If it is indeed a bullet hole, perhaps the skeleton was shot many, many years after the animals’ death. The problem here is that the auroch survived the wound and lived long enough for unmistakable calcification to appear at the site of the injury.

The auroch survived a bullet to the head? Really? And survived long enough to recover afterwords?

This is an image of a skull struck by a ballista, a Roman weapon:

http://wattsunique.c...stle-skull1.jpg

Note that the hole doesn't have any of the resulting cracks the article assures you would be present.

Also, I still really hate how this new text box works. Fool thing messes with any coding I try to put in, just click the dang link.

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 1

Was just a guess haha :tu:

I do not think it was a bad guess to be honest. The odds might well be very high, but that does not mean it cannot happen, we are talking about quite a number of inhabitants on this planet, and a long time period and a known phenomena. Meteorites often enter the atmosphere at up to 20 times the speed of a bullet. That should assist with odds?

• Like 1

Bullet, pffttt.

That's CLEARLY an impact mark from a turbo laser.

EXACTLY Like the ones Aliens use to soften rocks so they can get nice straight lines at Megalithic sites!

:rofl::lol:

I do not think it was a bad guess to be honest. The odds might well be very high, but that does not mean it cannot happen, we are talking about quite a number of inhabitants on this planet, and a long time period and a known phenomena. Meteorites often enter the atmosphere at up to 20 times the speed of a bullet. That should assist with odds?

Just given the circumstances and the time period,seemed more reasonable than a bullet.Who knows though,maybe it was AA with guns! :o:lol:

Totally spit balling here, I'd guess the auroch got into a fight with another bull, where it got pierced in the head. It survived the injury and it healed over.

• Like 1

A bullet moving fast enough to punch through cleanly would probably damage the inside of the skull opposite the puncture, or even blow it away. So IF the skull is complete and undamaged on the other side, I'd say no bullet.