Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can You Identify This Creature?

Still Waters

Why only one unclear picture? If that was me, I'd be snapping away until my finger bled.

Anyways, rather intriguing. Has a body that reminds me of a dog or some other furry mammal, but it has a primate-ish face. It's in a garbage bag, so it seems to have been dumped. Could it be a dead house pet that someone disposed? Maybe...I don't know why its so furry and then its face is fur-less. Doesn't seem like anything unknown though.

• Like 4

The teeth and basic skull shape look very canine to me. I vote for dead dog (sadly).

I second that.

The nostrils are too far apart for it to be a canine IMO. I think it's a pet primate that's been dumped.

Lol at one of the comments(after the article), suggesting it's an alligator :lol: ! Alligator in a fur coat, maybe?

• Like 3

Looks like a Baboon to me.

• Like 6

Looks like a Baboon to me.

T think you are right, check the coat on this one:

*Snip*

What the hell did they do to it's face though? It's eyes look weird in that picture. It's like it was owned illegally and something happened to it and it died so the owner got rid of the body. Don't know why you would own a baboon though. Not the friendliest of animals are they? lol

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 5

It looks very Baboon like

• Like 3

It looks very Baboon like

Think I've asked you this before, is that your dog in the picture? It looks a lot like a jack Russel I had.

It's a dog.

Take a look at the premolars they look like they are for slicing, rather than crushing like you would see in baboon/primate molars & premolars.

• Like 2

The teeth and basic skull shape look very canine to me. I vote for dead dog (sadly).

I have to agree with Lilly here, it looks canine to me as well, perhaps with it's face flattened by a vehicle impact.

I also have to totally agree with Misstress Dove as well, I'd have had bleeding finger syndrome as well from snapping pictures until my memory storage card was pegged out.

.....and it is a really bad picture. Can no one take a picture any more?

• Like 1

It does look a lot like a dog. One thing that is bothering me though, why does the face look like that? It's hairless and leathery. Was the face skinned or something?

Could just as easily be a monster costume or toy.

I don't understand why people only decide to take one, unclear, shot of things of this nature. And it's in a horrible angle!

Looks like a dog. I don't know what a baboon would be doing in the "rural part of southwest Mississippi". LOL. Maybe it was a pet? I doubt it. People in the rural parts of Mississippi ain't got time for that!

tumblr_mfr20sz41o1rmoufuo1_500.gif

:rofl:

• Like 2

Decomposing dog. Carrion birds, maggots, etc go for the soft facial tissues first, but in that picture it doesn't appear to be all ripped apart.

Poor thing. Makes one wonder what really happened to it and who put it in the plastic bag to begin with.

• Like 1

Why only one unclear picture? If that was me, I'd be snapping away until my finger bled.

Because that's the only angle that makes it look in anyway mysterious. Any other angle and you'd clearly know that it was simply a dead dog somebody threw out on the side of the road.

• Like 4

Somebody got drunk and took a picture of a dead dog. It is a red neck thing.

• Like 2

Somebody got drunk and took a picture of a dead dog. It is a red neck thing.

THIS! LOL

I feel sorry for the poor doggy, but this sounds so plausible.

Dude drank too many beers or too much whiskey. Stumbled outside somewhere, tripped over a bag and saw the dead dog in it and freaked out and took a picture.

Edited by Leona Lewis

I think whoever took the picture knew it was a dead dog. No mystery here, move along.