Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can You Identify This Creature?

Still Waters

@ Geldoblame...

Good question. The "creature" is lying dead on the ground, not hiding or running away. So why only one crappy photo?

This has hoax written all over it.

• Like 1

A Woolly Mammoth

its head reminds me of an ape. but its fur is just so peculiar looking, like others have said.

and it's eye placement is kinda odd too. The head shape reminds me of a T-Rex.

I think it's a dog, but it looks like its been tampered with.. Someone has skinned it's face or something weird like that.. It kinda looks like ALF the alien that looks like a dog lol remember ALF lmao...

• Like 1

I think it's a dog, but it looks like its been tampered with.. Someone has skinned it's face or something weird like that.. It kinda looks like ALF the alien that looks like a dog lol remember ALF lmao...

Haha! It does look like Alf! Giving away our age! Welcome to UM...:)

Are we still playing, "Name the thing in the really bad picture"?

Sorry, need better pictures.

The amazing thing is that with all the high-rez cams in phones, tablets, etc and all the good digital cameras and whatnot, we still get ****ty grainy pictures.

• Like 2

The amazing thing is that with all the high-rez cams in phones, tablets, etc and all the good digital cameras and whatnot, we still get ****ty grainy pictures.

But if we had good pictures UM would be a very boring place, with threads titled "Look at this tree stump," or "Exclusive photos of road kill". :P

• Like 3

I think its an anciet hairy dinosaur, acctually we know now some had fur/feathers and are potentialy warm blooded. Digest that then tell me it doesn't look like a hairy alligator raptor thing. Sucks its dead and decaying.

Its a dog or a coyote. No telling how long its been dead. Buzzards, opossums, and crows picking at it would explain any hair loss along with hundreds of other reasons. mis-shaped head? Hit by a car. Really nothing at all unusual about it. Its a dead dog of some sort.

Mike

I think its an anciet hairy dinosaur, acctually we know now some had fur/feathers and are potentialy warm blooded. Digest that then tell me it doesn't look like a hairy alligator raptor thing. Sucks its dead and decaying.

Actually, the warm blooded dinosaurs is only a hypothesis, nothing has been proven yet either way. Besides, not even all modern mammals are warm-blooded in exactly the same way. A fast, hungry cheetah has a classic warm-blooded metabolism, but the relatively primitive platypus sports a tuned-down metabolism that in many ways is closer to that of a comparably sized lizard than to that of other mammals. Further complicating matters, some palaeontologists claim that slow-moving prehistoric mammals had true cold-blooded metabolisms. It's never that clear-cut.

And no it doesn't look like an "alligator-raptor-thing", canines and molars clearly show it’s a carnivore, however the picture is much out of focus, so my educated guess is a dead domestic cat, most likely a flat snout breed like a Persian.

• 2 weeks later...

It's obviously Grainius Photographus. When you look it dead in the.. Err, skull... side effects include being unable to take a decent photograph of dead dogs, deciding horrible angles are good, and just overall stupidity in photography 101.

I think its a hoax, the article said he sent it to finding bigfoots Matt MoneyMaker and got no response, MoneyMaker didnt respond because its a hoax. Theres already enough of that going on in the field of Bigfoot.