Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amanda Knox & Raffaele Sollecito re-trial

Moon Gazer

Thank you, the member from Oregon. What a pity we don't have members from where Meredith Kercher lived to give their POV. :whistle:

How would that help? A view from someone who is emotionally biased about the outcome is not going to contribute to justice being done. That's why juries are specifically selected for their lack of any known affiliation to the defendent/victim or circumstances of a case.

• Like 1

They are just grasping at straws for some reason. Perhaps some Procescution government lawyer was told he was fired unless he wins??

I think they're refusing to acknowledge that they've imprisoned innocent people because they view that doing so severely undermines their competence and credibility.

I want to add...some people in authority won't allow that to happen... at any cost.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

I think they're refusing to acknowledge that they've imprisoned innocent people because they view that doing so severely undermines their competence and credibility.

I want to add...some people in authority won't allow that to happen... at any cost.

LOL - so they defend their competence and credibility by continuing on an incredulous and imcompetent course, figures. :P

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

How would that help? A view from someone who is emotionally biased about the outcome is not going to contribute to justice being done. That's why juries are specifically selected for their lack of any known affiliation to the defendent/victim or circumstances of a case.

Ah libstak. Someone who posted from the victim's region would be emotional. As opposed to all the Amanda is innocents who continue to post who are, of course, quite level headed.

You know, it's an old debating trick to go after the character of the person speaking, rather than the topic.

Amanda Knox participated in the murder of Meredith Kercher. Was guilty then, is guilty now.

The SCI investigation was a disaster and did not help. But it should not have been the only grounds relied on to find her so obviously guilty.

The Italians have woken up to that but too late. The cartwheeler from Seattle won't be going back there any time soon.

Too much money to make peddling her story to gullible fools.

• Like 1

LOL - so they defend their competence and credibility by continuing on an incredulous and imcompetent course, figures. :P

So all the inconsistencies in the cartwheeler's many, many stories don't give you any cause to stop and wonder? At all?

Edited by Antilles

The cartwheeler from Seattle won't be going back there any time soon.

So all the inconsistencies in the cartwheeler's many, many stories don't give you any cause to stop and wonder? At all?

Antilles, you believe Knox is a murderer, yet you've referred to her twice as "the cart wheeler". You apparently consider that specific behavior as an indicator of guilt- and a strong indicator.

If that's true, then I'd simply say that you're mistaken about both.

Edited by regi

I can't seem to find anything online about what the new evidence is, just that it involves the knife and someone's DNA.

I couldn't even find a list of the original evidence from the first trial. Might be good if we could all take a look at it and why it was considered evidence then what role did it play in the acquittal.

Does anyone know of a website that lists the evidences?

Sure I wondered, each time a story broke out about her behaviour et al. Fact is, people who are being accused of a murder while they are in shock, in a foreign country alone are gonna be unpredictable and what others make of their behaviour is just hearsay and often jumping the gun.

American prisons are filled with folk who have not only "behaved suspiciously" but then even "confessed" and/or been convicted of a crime which later dna evidence has proven they were completely innocent of - that's what I remember most when I read or listen to the press carry on about others so called "incriminating behaviour".

Ah libstak. Someone who posted from the victim's region would be emotional. As opposed to all the Amanda is innocents who continue to post who are, of course, quite level headed.

Why bring it into the discussion? What is your point about those from the victim's region in the equation if not to affirm that they would be vested in believing Amanda Knox is guilty because of an affiliation they feel for one of their own? How else could you bringing them into the discussion be construed - please do elaborate.

You know, it's an old debating trick to go after the character of the person speaking, rather than the topic.

Where have I done this? The people from Amanda Knox' region have not spoken, so therefore I believe you mean yourself - how have I gone after your character exactly?

Amanda Knox participated in the murder of Meredith Kercher.

Here is the thing - you do not KNOW that, you believe it and it's your opinion that's all. I do not believe she did this, I believe she is innocent.

The SCI investigation was a disaster and did not help. But it should not have been the only grounds relied on to find her so obviously guilty.

The Italians have woken up to that but too late. The cartwheeler from Seattle won't be going back there any time soon.

I find your reference to "gullible fools" to be an exact example of what you are happy to accuse others of - attacking the person and not the topic. How do you reconcile this with your earlier accusation and call it a logical argument at the same time?

Amanda Knox participated in the murder of Meredith Kercher. Was guilty then, is guilty now.

How exactly was it obvious? I've reviewed the case as well as anyone who reads the news.

Not only did the Italian police overreact, they tried to coerce a confession. Not only did the African fellow confess, but he said that the Girl and her friend were not there. Plus, none of the physical evidence pointed to her or her friend actually being there. The entire case was police bias against an American, mixed with circumstantial evidence at best, mixed with over the top media demonization to pedal TV ratings.

• Like 1

Amanda is here and I doubt the U.S. gov. has her on their priority list (someone has to buy a plane ticket) that leaves Amanda; wasn't she in some prison for a couple of years? The country requesting the extradition has to pay! The U.S. is looking for "GOLD" not tin dinars! not aluminum pesos! What country are we talking about?What can the prosecution do or present that could convict Amanda? Oh! I got it! the 93 year old witness------remembers now!

If she is innocent, then is not helping out? instead of making millions about her life?

How exactly was it obvious? I've reviewed the case as well as anyone who reads the news.

Not only did the Italian police overreact, they tried to coerce a confession. Not only did the African fellow confess, but he said that the Girl and her friend were not there. Plus, none of the physical evidence pointed to her or her friend actually being there. The entire case was police bias against an American, mixed with circumstantial evidence at best, mixed with over the top media demonization to pedal TV ratings.

Exactly. You know I am currently watching a doco on the Central Park 5 - 5 teenage black boys accused of the rape and attempted murder of a female jogger in Central Park.

What was fascinating is the coerced confessions, each of the boys was interviewed separately and became so intimidated that they caved and basically made up a story of how they went about it all. Thing is, when the confessions were examined - they boys did not know the location of the crime in the park and each of their testimonies were contradictory. Add to this, DNA evidence did not match a single one of them. Yet public opinion and the police depts need to close this high profile case had them guilty and villified by one and all.

It is amazing what you can make someone say if you put enough fear into them and threaten them the right way. Amanda Knox behaved like a frightened young woman forced to put up a brave front in bizarre and very public circumstances, that's all.

• Like 2

Those authorities are holding onto a theory despite the evidence. :no:

The evidence completely contradicts their theory by showing that there was one perp and only one perp. and that it was a burglary/rape/murder.

The perp was convicted, and is still in prison, but I read that his sentence was reduced. :angry:

• Like 1

Nope, none at all. People say things that aren't true under duress ALL the time. If YOU were held and questioned for hours upon hours without rest, without food, without sleep, you'd probably say anything to make it all stop too. This is why this kind of interrorgation isn't allowed to happen in the USA; it creates a whole host of false postive problems. All the person being questioned has to do is say "I want a lawyer NOW" and the questioning stops.

The fact remains is that there is zero evidence that she was anywhere near the crime scene. Zero. A heroine addict that pops up two years later is not a viable witness, you have a knife that doesn't match the wounds (and now, no DNA present), Pretty much all the untained evidence points squarely at a man currently in prison, and to him alone.

• Like 1

If she is innocent, then is not helping out? instead of making millions about her life?

Every single person who has ever had 15 minutes of fame on TV is offered a Book. It is a fact of modern life. Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi would be sitting in French apartments writting their biographys right now if they were still alive.

I don't fault her at all for making money off this ordeal.

I think this needs to be over and let her get on with her life.

I'm not 100% certain she is totally innocent in this whole thing, but there is obviously not nearly enough evidence to do anything.

• Like 1

Amanda had a lot of Attorneys fees. Plus her father/mother and step father/grand parents, had to drop their careers and sale their houses to support her. They littrealy, one after the other, lived in Italia while she was in jail.

The book will only help her refund her. And if she has more money at the end, well she can benefit from it. 'Cauze even if she wins the case, people will doubt her. And everywhere shell go, shell be look like a possible murderer. So, its better if she has money, 'cauze finding a job, will be more than hard.

• Like 2

Whether you believe in Amanda's guilt or innocence, I have always thought the Italian court has looked so ridiculous. "Nah, we didn't get it right, so we'll do it again." However, another feeling just came to me and that is one of envy.... Don't we all wish that the US courts could do this with Casey Anthony. I wish we were able to try that wench again.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The verdict is in.

Amanda Knox was found guilty of murder today by an Italian court, the latest twist in a murder case that goes back to 2007.

The judge sentenced Knox to 28 years and six months in prison. Her former Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito and co-defendant was sentenced to 25 years.

link

The verdict is in.

link

Yeah, I read about that. I wonder how they came to the same guilty conclusion since so much of the evidence was suspect, and the motivation of the police was shown to be wrongful. Supposedly they aren't going to release details of the judgement for 90 days, so perhaps then we can see how utterly stupid these judges and jurors were.

There is no way the US will extradite Knox. It just isn't going to happen. And I suspect that the Italian Supreme Court will again have to laugh this conviction off the books like they did last time, but that could be another 3 years down the road.

Whether you believe in Amanda's guilt or innocence, I have always thought the Italian court has looked so ridiculous. "Nah, we didn't get it right, so we'll do it again." However, another feeling just came to me and that is one of envy.... Don't we all wish that the US courts could do this with Casey Anthony. I wish we were able to try that wench again.

what happened t her btw?

Yeah, I read about that. I wonder how they came to the same guilty conclusion since so much of the evidence was suspect, and the motivation of the police was shown to be wrongful. Supposedly they aren't going to release details of the judgement for 90 days, so perhaps then we can see how utterly stupid these judges and jurors were.

There is no way the US will extradite Knox. It just isn't going to happen. And I suspect that the Italian Supreme Court will again have to laugh this conviction off the books like they did last time, but that could be another 3 years down the road.

I think they will, not now but 5 years time