Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery 'primate' spotted in a UK park

Still Waters

A mystery creature, which a student claims is a monkey, has been photographed in a public park.

Terri Leigh Cox, 17, says that she saw something hunched over and bounding around on all fours from her bedroom window in Dorchester, Dorset, and took a photograph of it on her mobile phone. The teenager said that the park's visitor, which she insisted was not a dog or cat, then ran up a tree and out of sight.

Shaun Bessant, her boyfriend, went out to investigate but found no sign of the "monkey–like" creature.

http://www.telegraph...hough-park.html

• Like 1

This picture is even more blurry than the one taken in Pennsylvania, congrats !

• Like 2

I think the Finding Bigfoot crew has their next episode.

• Like 1

tumblr_m7yi11ZvE91qkw792_thumb.gif

What type of camera were they using? That could be anything to a table to a dog...

I remember once a gibbon escaped from the Ho Chi Minh City zoo. We were sitting on a canal bank and watched it brachiate (swing from branch to branch using just its arms) from tree to tree along the river, seeming very determinedly to be going somewhere. A few minutes later a swarm of police came running wanting to know if we had seen it. They continued running where we pointed.

I don't know what finally happened; the incident never got into the newspapers.

Escapee from the zoo or someones pet became too big.

• Like 1

A local chav off to the corner shop to buy a bottle of white lightning.......

• Like 3

This picture is even more blurry than the one taken in Pennsylvania, congrats !

Of course it's blurry, the close up frame of just the creature is only a small portion of the original.

• Like 1

A mystery creature, which a student claims is a monkey, has been photographed in a public park.

Terri Leigh Cox, 17, says that she saw something hunched over and bounding around on all fours from her bedroom window in Dorchester, Dorset, and took a photograph of it on her mobile phone. The teenager said that the park's visitor, which she insisted was not a dog or cat, then ran up a tree and out of sight.

Shaun Bessant, her boyfriend, went out to investigate but found no sign of the "monkey–like" creature.

http://www.telegraph...hough-park.html

Unbelievably I think it's genuine. The same type of creature is reknowned from Staffordshire, care of Nick Redfern's book, MAN-MONKEY. A tree hyrax in origin imo. It looks very chimpanzee-like form the angle of the photo and might be a short-tailed cousin of the black dog.

So this person decides to take one photo? Why? I would assume you'd want to get as many pictures as possible.

Looks like a monkey. Maybe it escaped from the zoo or something.

Of course it's blurry, the close up frame of just the creature is only a small portion of the original.

Here is the original: arrow3.gifView: CLICK

Here is the original: arrow3.gifView: CLICK

Yep, saw it, that's why I mentioned it. Not sure what the original image size and resolution is, but if you look the posted image is roughly 615*639 px, and the box containing just the animal is maybe 58*58 px. It is obvious some distance from where the photo was taken. The animal itself is only about 18 px in height. I doubt her phone has a decent zoom lens feature.

• Like 2

The picture is so blurry that it could be a canine or primate. There no way to tell which it is.

The picture is so blurry that it could be a canine or primate. There no way to tell which it is.

A stool would also be a decent fit.

• Like 1

Apparently the English can't take pictures any better than we can, although they do seem to has a smaller graininess to their pictures.

Unbelievably I think it's genuine. The same type of creature is reknowned from Staffordshire, care of Nick Redfern's book, MAN-MONKEY. A tree hyrax in origin imo. It looks very chimpanzee-like form the angle of the photo and might be a short-tailed cousin of the black dog.

Maybe there's black dogs and five toed chimpanzee-like cryptids too judging from these tracks just discovered in the USA are to be believed (skip to time=5.15)

Apparently the English can't take pictures any better than we can, although they do seem to has a smaller graininess to their pictures.

or its just a cheep cell phone camera from far away. lol.

apparently someone's pet monkey has escaped :o

looks like the same thing that was posted on the 8th in Pennsylvania....only they called it a baby sasquatch!!

Edited by harleyblueswoman

looks like the same thing that was posted on the 8th in Pennsylvania....only they called it a baby sasquatch!!

you call this a story? it's a blurred picture. fake

Looks like it might even be a tailless cat to me. Cats will hop about some times and if they get wet, they look like they have long legs.

topaz.jpg