Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

libstaK

Well, it's the people's responsibility to change that then. It's not any other country's "responsibility" to feed those people, nor do they have that ability. The UN tried giving them food in the past, but did it make it to the ppl?

That still doens't mean you put sanctions on them. lol It doesn't even make a difference to my point.

Exactly. Naive. Like that time you claimed the US doesn't need a well trained army or air force because they have drones.

I never siad thta at all. lol Always twisting what I said. I said they don't need to trian in the exact area they did where NK could see. Ther eis a difference between flexing muscles and trianing.

That still doens't mean you put sanctions on them. lol It doesn't even make a difference to my point.

Sure does. Why support the country that's threatening to commit mass murder? Why continue to make them stronger?

I never siad thta at all. lol Always twisting what I said. I said they don't need to trian in the exact area they did where NK could see. Ther eis a difference between flexing muscles and trianing.

That is exactly what you said. When I get home, I'll quote you if you want.

Sure does. Why support the country that's threatening to commit mass murder? Why continue to make them stronger?

So sanctions stops their military form being stronger? No.....

All it does is affect the civilians.

That is exactly what you said. When I get home, I'll quote you if you want.

I said they don't need to train in that area.

The sanctions have no effect on the Civilian Population as the Sanctions stop food and money coming into the country. Food and money which goes straight to the North Korean Military.

Where would you of liked South Korea to train? In the United States? Perhaps the Desert. You train to fight and in this Case they are training to fight at home.

Also about the 'assasination' idea. That would be the worst thing you could do. Create a power vacum which would lead to war.

~Thanato

The sanctions have no effect on the Civilian Population as the Sanctions stop food and money coming into the country. Food and money which goes straight to the North Korean Military.

Where would you of liked South Korea to train? In the United States? Perhaps the Desert. You train to fight and in this Case they are training to fight at home.

Also about the 'assasination' idea. That would be the worst thing you could do. Create a power vacum which would lead to war.

~Thanato

The sanctions do affect the civilian population. If they really starved their people the people would uprise agaisnt them. Not sit aorund starving to death. Another reaosn I don't think we ar eheairng the full story.

If you where starving to death all your friends and fmaily, would you jsut sit aorund and die?! Don't think so.

They don't need to trian in full view of NK... They could ahve done it as far south as possible in SK or anywhere. They didn't trian US/UK troops in the dessert for Iraq and Afghan. They trained at home. Have some commoan sense, the enviroment is similar to hoem soil in US and with the US technology they would blitz NK anyway. The Air support would do it alone.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

The theory that starving people rise up against their rulers is old hat nonsense. If you are starving you are not able to do any such thing. Revolutions arise out of ideological or similar foundations.

However, I think the image of the starving North Koreans is a bit much anyway. They have a subsistence existence for the most part now, and every now and then when there is a bad crop or something, starvation does occur. Most of the time aid does get in. Nevertheless I would not want to live there.

• Like 1

The theory that starving people rise up against their rulers is old hat nonsense. If you are starving you are not able to do any such thing. Revolutions arise out of ideological or similar foundations.

However, I think the image of the starving North Koreans is a bit much anyway. They have a subsistence existence for the most part now, and every now and then when there is a bad crop or something, starvation does occur. Most of the time aid does get in. Nevertheless I would not want to live there.

Agree with the seocnd part of your post, the first part however has been proven before. Humans and animals only starve to death when locked up... Ther eis no way they wouldn't be able to get food somehow.

• Like 1

They don't need to trian in full view of NK... They could ahve done it as far south as possible in SK or anywhere. They didn't trian US/UK troops in the dessert for Iraq and Afghan. They trained at home. Have some commoan sense, the enviroment is similar to hoem soil in US and with the US technology they would blitz NK anyway. The Air support would do it alone.

So the SK armed forces should go to the US to train just so that they don't annoy their deranged neighbour? isn't that rather handing victory to the silly little man on a plate; "the Imperialist Dogs are afraid of the Glorious People's Democratic Army, and have been driven from their own land without a shot being fired, praise be to the Dear leader!"?

The British train in the Falklands I dont see you moan about that

It rather proves the point, doesn't it? They had to fight there, and may do so again someday. It's a long way and an extra expense to train there but it's also the best place to train for that eventuality. Keeps the Argies from having a "home field" advantage ;)

Because their government is chosing to do that. When their government keeps the food they do get from the civilian population and stock it up for their military, that's the NKs decision, not the USs. That means, it's the NKs fault their civilians are dying, not the USs.

Oh, really?

My position is that i believe both are wrong. NK more than US and SK, but my point is US and SK should have been the adults and not even bothered with military training in the region. They don't even need it. lol The US can just use drones now. The US's drones alone would take out NK with ease. lol

It might be fun some time to argue about this or that revoluton arising out of the people starving. Those that I know about the best were entirely ideological or to expell foreigners. There is always a good deal of deprivation during a revolution -- they go together -- but the old images of the French starving in the streets of Paris is just too Dickensian. The reality is that the Enlightenment made the aristocracy and the monarchy and their privledges intolerable. The American revoluton was not out of hunger for sure. Nor the Russian or the Bolshevik that followed, they were ideological and made possible by war.

The sanctions do affect the civilian population. If they really starved their people the people would uprise agaisnt them. Not sit aorund starving to death. Another reaosn I don't think we ar eheairng the full story.

If you where starving to death all your friends and fmaily, would you jsut sit aorund and die?! Don't think so.

The US trained for Iraq in desert areas. Iraq trained for the defense of Iraq in the terrain they would defend it on. SK is training to defend SK by, shockingly, training in the area they will be defending. It is perfectly within their right.

• Like 2

They train there because it provides facilities unavailable to them in the mainland. Many countries train abroad in order to recreate the terrain they may fight in in the future.

You don't train for fighting in a jungle by training in a desert. You also don't train to defend your own country by going to a different country.

Because their government is chosing to do that. When their government keeps the food they do get from the civilian population and stock it up for their military, that's the NKs decision, not the USs. That means, it's the NKs fault their civilians are dying, not the USs.

I never said it's the US's fault solely... Not once. I specifically stated loads int his thread and others thta it doesn't help. :whistle:

Oh, really?

Oh wow completely twisting what I said there.

It's BLATENTLY OBVIOUS I never mean in all cases or in general I was tlaking specifically about NK, where in fact they could just wipe NK out with drones. That's jsut common sense. My point there was about the US being way ahead in tech compared to NK and it will just be a slaughter....

My "lol" made that even more obvious.

The US trained for Iraq in desert areas. Iraq trained for the defense of Iraq in the terrain they would defend it on. SK is training to defend SK by, shockingly, training in the area they will be defending. It is perfectly within their right.

"Will be"... There is the mistake. That's saying ther eis a war coming, and thta is exactly how NK sees it.

Never said SK shouldn't anyway, it's their land. I'm tlaking about US forces.

Also US forces did not trian in the Iraqi dessert, thye trianed in A dessert... Huge difference. US forces could trian in similar terrain int he US or in the south of SK.

So the SK armed forces should go to the US to train just so that they don't annoy their deranged neighbour? isn't that rather handing victory to the silly little man on a plate; "the Imperialist Dogs are afraid of the Glorious People's Democratic Army, and have been driven from their own land without a shot being fired, praise be to the Dear leader!"?

Never menationed SK forces alone.....

I was talking about US forces.

Never spoken about it or been in a thread where it was mentioned..... So that's invalid.

Edited by Coffey

I never said it's the US's fault solely... Not once. I specifically stated loads int his thread and others thta it doesn't help. :whistle:

No, but I'm saying its not the USs fault at all.

Oh wow completely twisting what I said there.

It's BLATENTLY OBVIOUS I never mean in all cases or in general I was tlaking specifically about NK, where in fact they could just wipe NK out with drones. That's jsut common sense. My point there was about the US being way ahead in tech compared to NK and it will just be a slaughter....

Exactly. You are saying at the army and airforce is not necessary to fight NK, because drones alone could win. That is quite frankly wrong and naïve. Drones can not do that.

"Will be"... There is the mistake. That's saying ther eis a war coming, and thta is exactly how NK sees it.

Yes! Will be! If NK attacks the south, SK will be defending their country. Do you know which of the 2 parties are saying there "will be" a war? The North is, because they're literally saying there will be a war.

Never said SK shouldn't anyway, it's their land. I'm tlaking about US forces.

US forces are training with SK! How on Earth do you expect US and SK to train together if SK is training in their country, and the US can't be in the same location?

Also US forces did not trian in the Iraqi dessert, thye trianed in A dessert... Huge difference. US forces could trian in similar terrain int he US or in the south of SK.

They did not train in the Iraqi desert because Iraq had not yet been invaded! The point is that you train on terrain that's as close as possible to the terrain you'll be operating on. In SKs case, that is their own country.

No, but I'm saying its not the USs fault at all.

They ARE making the situation worse whatever your opinion is. Common sense....

Exactly. You are saying at the army and airforce is not necessary to fight NK, because drones alone could win. That is quite frankly wrong and naïve. Drones can not do that.

Yes they could actually... very easily. If they equiped SK with drones and used drones int he region the US could obliterate the NK army. A drone can carry strategic nuclear weapons.... lol

Yes! Will be! If NK attacks the south, SK will be defending their country. Do you know which of the 2 parties are saying there "will be" a war? The North is, because they're literally saying there will be a war.

Yes... BECAUSE of the trianing etc.. lol

US forces are training with SK! How on Earth do you expect US and SK to train together if SK is training in their country, and the US can't be in the same location?

Just do it further Sotuh as I said thousands of times... Just not make a bid deal out of it and shove it in NK's face... Which they did. How is this not obvious?!

They did not train in the Iraqi desert because Iraq had not yet been invaded! The point is that you train on terrain that's as close as possible to the terrain you'll be operating on. In SKs case, that is their own country.

Again, I never said SK shouldn't... I said the US being there is the problem...

They ARE making the situation worse whatever your opinion is. Common sense....

That is nothing but your opinion. Mine is that inaction would make the situation worse.

Yes they could actually... very easily. If they equiped SK with drones and used drones int he region the US could obliterate the NK army. A drone can carry strategic nuclear weapons.... lol

Drones can only operate effectively when you have air superiority... Something that will not happen without an air force. Furthermore, drones would not be able to contend with the enormity of the NK army. Fact.

And which drones carry nuclear weapons? Care to show me?

Like I said. Naive.

Yes... BECAUSE of the trianing etc.. lol

Training to defend their country will cause them to get invaded? So, in the face of a country threatening to destroy them, you suggest they don't prepare their military? What was it you said about common sense?

Just do it further Sotuh as I said thousands of times... Just not make a bid deal out of it and shove it in NK's face... Which they did. How is this not obvious?!

The exercises take place all over the country. Part of the SKs defense, a large part Infact, relies on them defending the border. It's purely stupid to do as you suggest, and would result in SK being illprepared if an invasion did occur. And they're not making a big deal out of it. NK is making a big deal out of it.

Again, I never said SK shouldn't... I said the US being there is the problem...

Yeah, we'll, SK wants the US there, and my opinion is that the USs presence is a deterrent and a good idea.

were you talking to me or to Coffey?

By the logic of some of what I read above, we have a situation where a man is threatening his wife and children, so the police come and they restrain the man, so he threatens to kill them. The police are at fault.

There might also be an analogy with 1939-40, when, again by this logic, it was the presence of British troops in France that provoked Hitler to invade.

:unsure2:

• Like 1

Oh dear let us be ever so careful to never "provoke" a brutal dictator.

By the logic of some of what I read above, we have a situation where a man is threatening his wife and children, so the police come and they restrain the man, so he threatens to kill them. The police are at fault.

Wrong. I never said anythign like that.

The Man is threatening another man because his wife and children are starving, then instead of helping said man, they parade thier strength in front of them and block all food form going to his family. Absolutely nothing like what you said.

Oh dear let us be ever so careful to never "provoke" a brutal dictator.

Not what I am saying at all. lol

I'm making the point thta they knew he was nuts, then they are suprised that he threatens them with nukes (AGAIN) when they flex their muscles in his face. That is my point.

There might also be an analogy with 1939-40, when, again by this logic, it was the presence of British troops in France that provoked Hitler to invade.

:unsure2:

No we didn't play stupid games back then like thye do now.

Not replying to this thread anymore though, those who disagree with my comments twist what I say and I'm actually replying just to point that out 80% of the time and it's irritating. What I said was obvious.

• Like 1

No we didn't play stupid games back then like thye do now.

if they had, perhaps he might not have thought that Britain would cave in as easily as he thought it would.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh