Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Peta: Pigeon racing 'cruel and vicious'

6 posts in this topic

There is a cruel and vicious underbelly to pigeon racing, an animal rights group has claimed, as it calls for a partial ban on the sport and asks the Queen to set an example by withdrawing her patronage.

http://www.telegraph...eon-racing.html

You're cruel and vicious. They should speak for themselves too.

75% dont make it home? my grandfather has been racing for decades, every time i have seen them they have all arrived home safely.

he loves his pigeons, i feel worse for city urban pigeons that have no where to land as metal spikes are there to prevent them from landing.

ive seen pigeons with mangled and deformed feet because of this.

1 person likes this

this page pretty much sums up PeTa, along with P&Ts episode on them

http://www.targetofo...a_unethical.htm

It's the ethical treatment of animals, and yet the author of that op-ed goes on and on about PETA's lack of ethical treatment of people. I know, it's not politically correct to take an active interest in animals if it causes humans to be inconvenienced or worse, educated.

75% dont make it home? my grandfather has been racing for decades, every time i have seen them they have all arrived home safely.

he loves his pigeons, i feel worse for city urban pigeons that have no where to land as metal spikes are there to prevent them from landing.

ive seen pigeons with mangled and deformed feet because of this.

I was on the farm one day and I couldnt understand why this pigeon was following me about. Caught the bugger an seen he had a leg ring so I gave him some chicken feed and he went on his way :lol:

Least racing pigeons get fed and treated for disease. The mangled feet of city pigeons is due to the scaley leg mite which gets under the scales, causing them to get deformed and cut off the blood supply to the feet.