Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has DOG meat been found in our food?

Commander CMG

A mystery meat, which has defied the best efforts of scientists to identify it, has been found in a lamb curry as part of an investigation into food fraud.

The discovery raises new questions about just what is going into the nation’s takeaways and processed foods.

A BBC documentary to be aired on BBC3 tonight sent samples of curries and kebabs bought from six outlets in London for laboratory tests.

arrow3.gifView: Read more:

The scientists can't yet identify the meat, but they think that the remains of a collar bearing a tag with 'Rex' and a phone number stamped on it found in the Mutton Mysore may a clue worth following up!

s12205.gif

• Like 4

I think they sell dog meat at my local kebab shop.

Yes, once I cook a hamburger, and it "growled" at me. :w00t:

• Like 4

Are we talking about dog meat, as in food for Dogs, or meat made from Dogs?

• Like 1

You don't need to travel the world to sample the delights of international cuisine, simply take the train to Londonistan where the whole multi-cultural experience is there for you to enjoy.

• Like 2

You never know for sure what you are eating.

• Like 1

I'm sure every time you stop off at the Golden Dragon takeaway on a Saturday night,chances are you have sampled a bit of Fido or stray moggie in your drunken haze.

• Like 1

Dinosaur meat.

As chance would have it, one of our local chinese buffets were caught with a coyote in the kitchen. The statement given to the local press was something along the lines of "it serves a medicinal purpose." Needless to say, business has dropped significantly.

I'll never eat from an 'indian' takeaway again. Last kebab i had i found a toenail in it.

I could forgive a hair, it can happen, but toenail...Hows that accidently get in there?