Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deliberate use of the same colors on flags?

The_Spirit_of_Truth

As we know well, the flags of United Kingdom, United States of America and Russian Federation consist of blue and red and white colors. By the way, these countries are the mightiest ones in the world.

Here is a little informative file about these colors, that I could not have attached because it is a very little bit over permitted 250 kb:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7l6hy0x88ulz9w

What do you mean, are the same colors of the three above -mentioned flags a coincidence only?

I dunno if it's deliberate or not. Red, white, and blue seems to be the most popular color combination for countries flags in general.

• Like 1

I think Red means blood, white means freedom and blue means the sea? thats what i think

One obvious one you missed is France; and then, looking at my Map, so do Chile, Cuba, Croatia, Czech Republic, and that's just under C. There may well be some element of wishful thinking in choosing these colours as symbolising Blood and freedom and so on, I suppose. But really, I think they're rather too common to be able to construct any conspiracy theories.

* David Cameroon will be pleased that the Uk is still one of the mightiest ones in the world, mind.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
  • Like 1

Of course, red and blue and white together are very often used colors. But the fact that they are used by the world's mightiest countries, too, is somehow worthy paying attention to.

One obvious one you missed is France; and then, looking at my Map, so do Chile, Cuba, Croatia, Czech Republic, and that's just under C.

Okay. But if we asked how many percent of flags use these three colors exclusively...

Of course, red and blue and white together are very often used colors. But the fact that they are used by the world's mightiest countries, too, is somehow worthy paying attention to.

well, one might argue that the USSR, when it was truly a Superpower, and China, which would surely count as a fairly Mighty country, uses red & yellow...

Think it has a lot to do with the British empire and it's colonies.

As for the US flag it is mentioned here -

The thirteen stripes represent the original thirteen colonies. The colors have a different meaning. White represents courage and red represents the blood shed.

The number of the stripes - 13 - signifies the 13 colonies of the time. The red, historically, represents the British while the white stripes cutting through the red is a political statement against Great Britain and its rule over the colonies. You will find that many flags of the time, including the flag of George Rogers Clark carried the tradition of intersected red fields.

http://wiki.answers...._flag_represent

There is a few different interpretations for the colours there too.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

well, one might argue that the USSR, when it was truly a Superpower, and China, which would surely count as a fairly Mighty country, uses red & yellow...

Red and yellow can be compared to a fire.

And, perhaps more importantly, why do we use white paper, and if you look at most of the coloured pens you can buy - they are blue or red!!! Clearly there is a reason!

Hmm. Perhaps there are simple visibility (even taking into account- deliberately or subliminally - the ~15% of the population who have color perception problems), availability and other logistical reasons for these choices of what are pretty obviously our 'favorite' colors.. Then of course there are the historical, regional reasons for the choices.

As we know well, the flags of United Kingdom, United States of America and Russian Federation consist of blue and red and white colors. By the way, these countries are the mightiest ones in the world.

Here is a little informative file about these colors, that I could not have attached because it is a very little bit over permitted 250 kb:

http://www.mediafire...y7l6hy0x88ulz9w

What do you mean, are the same colors of the three above -mentioned flags a coincidence only?

There is no conspiracy here, it is just the simple fact that many flag designs were inspired by flags of other nations, such as the Dutch tri-colour flag inspiring the Russian and the old South African flag, or how the colours on Union flag of the UK inspired former colonies, etc to use the same.

Info on the history of flags

There is no conspiracy here, it is just the simple fact that many flag designs were inspired by flags of other nations, such as the Dutch tri-colour flag inspiring the Russian and the old South African flag, or how the colours on Union flag of the UK inspired former colonies, etc to use the same.

Info on the history of flags

Of course, it can be so! But it can also have different reasons than those that you've mentioned. Both can be true.

Of course, it can be so! But it can also have different reasons than those that you've mentioned. Both can be true.

I will probably regret asking this but here goes...Please explain this conspiracy then, as the file you attached in your OP didn't really make a great deal of sense.

I will probably regret asking this but here goes...Please explain this conspiracy then, as the file you attached in your OP didn't really make a great deal of sense.

It's the Illuminati. Almost certainly.

I imagine it is somehow related to his paranoid delusion of demonic people

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=234201

Yep. It is related to this theory and if you know nothing about it, please study the information on the following picture.

wrathofthetitansj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Theory is abit much, asinine garbage is a better description.

Yep. It is related to this theory and if you know nothing about it, please study the information on the following picture...

{Glances at content.. and carefully backs out of thread, wishing I hadn't responded, and remarking/muttering:}

1. That isn't a 'theory'.

2. That isn't 'information', it is a whole pile of what appear to be obsessive ramblings of no substance whatsoever, about the content of a fantasy film.

I'm out, too.

• Like 1

A typical conspiracy theorist, picking on details and joining them together without actually saying why they should be joined - and almost certainly with no research into what the origins of the subject actually are.

Do you even know where the stars and strips came from? Or in fact, any of the flags you're talking about?

1. That isn't a 'theory'.

You are right. Because it is a fact that normal people do not know.

2. That isn't 'information', it is a whole pile of what appear to be obsessive ramblings of no substance whatsoever, about the content of a fantasy film.

I'm out, too.

Such a "pile" could get a different look if a larger amount of related material was studied:

http://www.pavelkast...lish_people.htm

David Icke has written books of fecal material on shape-shifting reptiles. The amount of material doesn't matter when the founding premise is so laughably flawed.