Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
The_Spirit_of_Truth

Deliberate use of the same colors on flags?

34 posts in this topic

As we know well, the flags of United Kingdom, United States of America and Russian Federation consist of blue and red and white colors. By the way, these countries are the mightiest ones in the world.

Here is a little informative file about these colors, that I could not have attached because it is a very little bit over permitted 250 kb:

http://www.mediafire...y7l6hy0x88ulz9w

What do you mean, are the same colors of the three above -mentioned flags a coincidence only?

The UK isn't really one of the top three mightiest countries in the world. It used to be, but it isn't. The top three would probably be the US, China and Germany, economically speaking. Militarily, it would probably be the US, China and Russia.

The UK isn't really one of the top three mightiest countries in the world. It used to be, but it isn't. The top three would probably be the US, China and Germany, economically speaking. Militarily, it would probably be the US, China and Russia.

The top three economy wise does not include any of those 3 mentioned...

http://americanlivewire.com/top-10-economies-in-the-world-2013/

I also wouldn't say US is in the top 3 for military, either...it's all China, Korea and that area of the world, really...US really isn't as powerful as some believe.

Could the answer be found within the history of textiles and dyes?

Maybe white is the most basic color of textile and dyes for red and blue last the longest without fading?

The Union Jack is combined using three flags. Had the unification not occurred between all three territories it is likely either red or blue would be missing from the flag.

Had in prior times the red cross that turned into St. George's flag (which has no official status today as a stand alone flag) not been selected at some time during the Crusades, whereas before the white cross was used by the King of England, then red might be missing from the Union Jack.

The American flag is based on the British East India Company which itself is based on the same colors as the flag of the British. The history here is more convoluted.

The French tricolor flag is based on the colors of Paris, red and blue, and the color symbolizing the Bourbon kings, white. Had the Revolution not occurred and the subsequent Bourbon Restoration the white would have not been added back to the flag.

If there is any conspiracy here it is based on that of the brotherhood of men and how we are all drawn to the same symbols, colors, and ideas from time to time. Let us take joy in what unites us.

1 person likes this

http://americanlivew...the-world-2013/

I also wouldn't say US is in the top 3 for military, either...it's all China, Korea and that area of the world, really...US really isn't as powerful as some believe.

No, I believe it's now only equal to the next 16 counries in terms of Military might, down from 25 a few years ago. This, I'm sure you'll agree, is a worrying development. :unsure2:

Here,according to a no doubt reliable source, is the ranking... http://www.globalfirepower.com/

http://americanlivew...the-world-2013/

North Korea? Are you kidding? While it does have a huge army due to conscription, it is nowhere near as powerful or technologically advanced as the US and some European states. N. Korea may have built a handful of nuclear weapons, but the US has THOUSANDS. The US Navy is unrivalled the world over, they have the most capable airforce, and one of the best armies. China could well be somewhere in second or third place, after Russia.

Posted (edited)

North Korea? Are you kidding? While it does have a huge army due to conscription, it is nowhere near as powerful or technologically advanced as the US and some European states. N. Korea may have built a handful of nuclear weapons, but the US has THOUSANDS. The US Navy is unrivalled the world over, they have the most capable airforce, and one of the best armies. China could well be somewhere in second or third place, after Russia.

You can bang on about airforce this navy that all you like...man for man, America is nowhere near the most powerful military in the world. Can't just drop bombs and nukes on nations and call it a "war" then brag about how powerful you are. Oh wait, that already happened...

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe

No, I believe it's now only equal to the next 16 counries in terms of Military might, down from 25 a few years ago. This, I'm sure you'll agree, is a worrying development. :unsure2:

Here,according to a no doubt reliable source, is the ranking... http://www.globalfirepower.com/

I don't really care who has the most toys, to be honest :w00t: 9 times out of 10, war doesn't solve anything and millions die for nothing.

Though I find that source hard to give credit when North Korea doesn't even make the top 10. Seems slightly biased, when if you take reserves into account they have 9.5 million troops, over four times that of America. Fancy helicopters and planes from the U.S. give an advantage but that's all it is...an advantage. Doesn't really make them more powerful. I mean, the Brits did lose to the Zulus, massacred in fact lol. That was guns vs spears lol but numbers made a big difference. So it doesn't really matter that North Korea isn't as up to date in weaponry, it doesn't make them a non-threat as some people seem to believe...

Same with UK on the biased thing, overstating UK's power that is (and I'm British) being 5th unless you stretch that to the British Commonwealth and even then...it doesn't quite add up.

Our country may have reached the point when we, like so many great nations before us, are no longer the leading state of our time.

The evidence of our decline is everywhere, but nowhere is it more apparent than in the way we are being treated by other countries. Some of our allies, including Canada, Holland and Spain, have left or are leaving us in the lurch in Afghanistan, withdrawing their troops. Many states, including our allies, have sought to embarrass us diplomatically. The trip that President Barack Obama took recently to the Pacific Rim was an example of that. He was rebuffed by countries large and small. Most media observers called his journey a fiasco of sorts.

*snip*

It was recently revealed in the American secret documents disclosed by WikiLeaks that North Korea has been supplying long-range missiles to Iran. According to The New York Times of November 29 the documents “reveal for the first time that the United States believes that Iran has obtained advanced missiles from North Korea that could let it strike at Western European capitals and Moscow and help it develop more formidable long-range ballistic missiles.”

Other than decrying the most recent attack on South Korea and sending the aircraft carrier George Washington to participate in a joint military exercise in South Korean waters, so far as I know, we have done nothing to retaliate. Undoubtedly, South Korea is reluctant to retaliate or escalate, fearing to expose millions of its citizens to further military action, including a possible nuclear attack by North Korea, which has the fourth largest army in the world. North Korean citizens may be dying of starvation, but their army is well provided for.

Is the US just a paper tiger?

This is just one view. I disagree with the simplistic conclusion (not quoted above but can be found in the link). Better defense analysis is required but you would see only conclusions differing. We are just not budgeted to continue as we have been militarily. We are in decline as BRIC nations are emerging (or reemerging in the case of Russia.) The winners are lending and the losers are in debt in the new world order. There will very much be a day when we are watching television shows made in China with English subtitles. That might be the ultimate indicator of who leads the world.

The colors used on national flags (basically) follow the rules of Chivalric Heraldry set down in the middle ages... There are only a handful of colors that are "officially approved" according to these rules (largely because of the availability of dyes back then)...

Colors (called tinctures I believe) consist mainly of Red, Blue, Green, Brown (called Sanguine) and Purple (Purpure) - There are probably a few others that slip my mind right now....

Then there are "Metals"... White (Called Argent or Silver) and Gold (Yellow) are the primary ones...

And lastly "Furs" - which are almost never used on Flags (Ermine -white with black marks, and a few others)...

Basic Rule #1... Colors may not be placed on top of colors, Metals can not be on top of Metals, etc... That is why Colors are seperated by metals (Red, then white, or blue then white)... This is why you see red fields with white stars, rather than red with blue stars, etc...

There is no secret conspiracy.... Though telling a CT believeing person that is useless...

1 person likes this