Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man tattoos his dog, generates controversy

Still Waters

Stokes County officials are investigating after a man tattooed his dog and generated some controversy by publicizing it on social media.

Ernesto Rodriguez tattooed his 5-month-old purebred American bully named Duchess on her underbelly Wednesday in his basement parlor at 1396 Milsap Road near Pinnacle. The tattoo is an emblem that represents her bloodline, Rodriguez said.

http://www.wxii12.co...8r/-/index.html

i dont see the point in tattooing your dog, but i also dont see a problem with it.

My faith in humanity is really low right now....

i dont see the point in tattooing your dog, but i also dont see a problem with it.

It's selfish.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 5

My faith in humanity is really low right now....

It's selfish.

It's worse than that, it's torture!

• Like 6

I see the "controversy" has extended to here! :w00t:

• Like 1

It's worse than that, it's torture!

Yeah that as well. :tu:

I see the "controversy" has extended to here! :w00t:

It's UM what do you expect? lol

• Like 1

It didn't feel like torture to me. :whistle:

But, it is rather stupid to tattoo an animal.. although people dock their ears and tails all the time. That's not torture at all. :-*

• Like 1

Yeah, I know, Coffey, I was just being funny/sarcastic.

Edited by pallidin

I wouldn't do this and really don't care for it but if your dog ever runs away or stolen it might help identify it. I've never gotten a tattoo so I don't know how painful it is. If a lot of pain is involved this guy shouldn't of done this to the dog.

I wouldn't do this and really don't care for it but if your dog ever runs away or stolen it might help identify it. I've never gotten a tattoo so I don't know how painful it is. If a lot of pain is involved this guy shouldn't of done this to the dog.

The weird thing is, the end of the article say's that the dog was "asleep" and that the man apllied a "topical analgesic"

Well, it don't know, but I thing it's bizzare that the dog would not wake up and at least feel(perhaps not painfully) the tatoo needle.

It didn't feel like torture to me. :whistle:

But, it is rather stupid to tattoo an animal.. although people dock their ears and tails all the time. That's not torture at all. :-*

That's because you are obviously hardcore.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Is this sarcasm?

Animals are tattooed all the time for identification purposes including dogs, horses and cattle. Not a big deal.

• Like 2

My cats have tattooes in their ears to show they have been spayed or chipped (can't remember which), done by the vet no less - I'm pretty sure it is commonplace on that level. However, this seems gratuitous.

• Like 2

While reading the article I thought I read this dude was an Army vetinerarian before and I was like, oh that is cool so he knows what he is doing, but then I read it again and it really said Army veteran, so maybe not?

In either case it must be a boring news day...

Animals are tattooed all the time for identification purposes including dogs, horses and cattle. Not a big deal.

I didn't know that.

Getting a tattoo hurts, you definitely couldn't sleep through it. Plus the dog would be freaking out.

My cats have tattoos in their ears when they were 'fixed', but i'm assuming they would have still been under at the time.

• Like 1

What's with cattle or horses and sheep being branded or ear tagged? Is that much different?

cats and dogs are tattoo'd everyday at the Humance Society of Gulfport,MS. Nothing new here, there is no way this guy is guilty of animal cruelty, and no need for a cease and decist order. Tells me that some people really have nothing better to do, its really 1 step short of WestBoro Baptist.

Getting a tattoo hurts, you definitely couldn't sleep through it. Plus the dog would be freaking out.

My cats have tattoos in their ears when they were 'fixed', but i'm assuming they would have still been under at the time.

It's actually worse if you have ever gotten a tattoo on any part of your body, and then compare that to having a super-hot branding iron mashed against your ass cheek. TRY giving these two practices a rating of 1 to 10.

PAIN SCALE

Tattoo pain ; 1 to 7, rare occasions depending on the spot gettin the tat,sometimes higher pain.

Branding pain ; 10 or get a bigger scale. Searing flesh at the temperature you cook food at or hotter?

There is no way ,at any point in time, could a tattoo oust a Branding in terms of pain endured. I barely burn myself and its hurts for days,and thats with out the intention of holding the hot object firmly against the flesh. I couldn't imagine a human being branded so I had to see some body branding (body modification?)

http://cdn.trendhunt...s/branding.jpeg <- Dont bane me, I think this photo 100% sums it up

Edited by MindfieldzX

lmao whats the big deal ? i mean realy?

I see there's an article here on UM that the Pentagon wants to tattoo soldiers. I guess it's ok for soldiers but not for pets. LOL

I don't know how it is over there, but it is mandatory for dogs to be microchipped here in NSW, and has been for about 15 years. A simple impant about the size of a grain of rice, that when scanned gives a number that is linked with the owners information.

What kind of idiot tattoos a dog to have it identified. I've got tattoos, and some hurt like hell. The belly of a dog, especially so young is very soft skin and tender, i guarantee this dog would have been hurt emmensely.

• Like 1

cats and dogs are tattoo'd everyday at the Humance Society of Gulfport,MS. Nothing new here, there is no way this guy is guilty of animal cruelty, and no need for a cease and decist order. Tells me that some people really have nothing better to do, its really 1 step short of WestBoro Baptist.

It's actually worse if you have ever gotten a tattoo on any part of your body, and then compare that to having a super-hot branding iron mashed against your ass cheek. TRY giving these two practices a rating of 1 to 10.

PAIN SCALE

Tattoo pain ; 1 to 7, rare occasions depending on the spot gettin the tat,sometimes higher pain.

Branding pain ; 10 or get a bigger scale. Searing flesh at the temperature you cook food at or hotter?

There is no way ,at any point in time, could a tattoo oust a Branding in terms of pain endured. I barely burn myself and its hurts for days,and thats with out the intention of holding the hot object firmly against the flesh. I couldn't imagine a human being branded so I had to see some body branding (body modification?)

http://cdn.trendhunt...s/branding.jpeg <- Dont bane me, I think this photo 100% sums it up

I understand branding or tagging an ear would hurt a lot more but it's a different subject. Livestock get branded because there could be 100s-1000s of animals that need to be marked quickly, ID chips would be too time consuming and a waste, especially on animals that are going to be slaughtered.

But a dog doesn't need to be branded and can easily be microchipped with a lot less pain.

If the dog was put to sleep when this was done then I think that's ok.. But if he was awake, he really would of felt a lot of pain.. Dogs skin is a lot more softer and sensitive to our skin..

He said he did it while the dog was on anesthesia in this vid http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/man-tattoos-dogs-ernesto-rodriguez_n_2992969.html

I just see it as unnecessary and it's pretty lame to make up some bull**** story and say this was done so that the dog would be identified. Obviously, he just wanted to treat his pet like an accessory. He even said he was bored when he did it.

If he wanted the dog to have identification, he could've gotten it a tag or microchip that contains his information like any other normal person. I don't even see how the tattoo could be used for identification purposes. If the dog gets lost, it's not going to be returned to him because it has a tattoo representing its bloodline.