Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hearing odd frequencies

mayonnaise

this is something that i have been noticing for a while. it seems there are frequencies that are all ways present that i can only hear in certain states of mind. when i start to relax i all most all ways here a really high pitched one, no matter where i am. yesterday, i was meditating in this cabin, no electronics, and there was this crippling loud, distorted noise, fade in for about 10 seconds and then faded out, and kind of woke up. its starting to bother me. when i start to hear certain high pitched noises its followed by a certain kind of head ache. its like when you listen to the ticking of a clock, and then you cant get it out of your head. does anyone else have this happen? what is it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mayonnaise

• Coffey

• rashore

• stillvoice

Top Posters In This Topic

There is 2 perfectly normal things that can be causing this. You are just hearing some sort of electrical frequency somewhere. Could possibly be miles and miles away. Or it's just your ears are playing up, due to you having tired them out from other noises.

Is the sound you here connected to any specific location or area because if it is it would be reminiscent of 'The Hum' which was a persistent humming, droning or rumbling sound that was reported in connection which certain geographical locations and only audible to some. The phenomena was reported throughout the United Kingdom and the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

When I am in a quiet environment I can often here a low buzzing electrical like sound in one ear although unlike the sound you heard it does not seem to alter in volume and pitch. I'm quite sure this is an example of tinnitus have you considered this in relation to the sound you hear? If you are suffering from tinnitus it would appear to be an inexplicable and extreme case.

Edited by stillvoice

There is 2 perfectly normal things that can be causing this. You are just hearing some sort of electrical frequency somewhere. Could possibly be miles and miles away. Or it's just your ears are playing up, due to you having tired them out from other noises.

for the electrical frequencies, yes i hear them often, such as my heater emits a very high pitched noise like the ones im talking about, and the computer emits ones that can be better heard when you are closer to the base. but i can all ways locate those ones. but its the ones that i hear in several places, ore the one i heard briefly in the mountains that intrigue me.

You might have some ear problems going on. Or perhaps sensitive hearing. You might want to get a doc to check it out.

Is the sound you here connected to any specific location or area because if it is it would be reminiscent of 'The Hum' which was a persistent humming, droning or rumbling sound that was reported in connection which certain geographical locations and only audible to some. The phenomena was reported throughout the United Kingdom and the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

When I am in a quiet environment I can often here a low buzzing electrical like sound in one ear although unlike the sound you heard it does not seem to alter in volume and pitch. I'm quite sure this is an example of tinnitus have you considered this in relation to the sound you hear? If you are suffering from tinnitus it would appear to be an inexplicable and extreme case.

well, the reason i say it changed in volume was because i was kind of "tuning out". it seems to correspond to certain states of awareness. i was really deep in thought at the time. i dont think i have any hearing problems, but its possible.

well, the reason i say it changed in volume was because i was kind of "tuning out". it seems to correspond to certain states of awareness. i was really deep in thought at the time. i dont think i have any hearing problems, but its possible.

There are odd noises when changeinng levels of conciousness. If your were in a normal state I would say there is something to be checked by a doc, if you were in an altered state of conciousness then it's perfectly normal actually. I don't know why all of it happens, but my guess is that our brains and bodies are antennas for conciousness and it really is not that much different than tuning a radio station. Just a guess though, but dozens of people have come to me with these noises while altering awareness, so I doubt it's a hearing issue, but it dosnt hurt to have a doc check you out.

Edited by Seeker79

for the electrical frequencies, yes i hear them often, such as my heater emits a very high pitched noise like the ones im talking about, and the computer emits ones that can be better heard when you are closer to the base. but i can all ways locate those ones. but its the ones that i hear in several places, ore the one i heard briefly in the mountains that intrigue me.

You took what I said wrong.

See how you pick up the ones you pointed out. Well there is thousands of electrical frequencies all around us. Not just from household electronics, you get them from phone lines, Power lines, generators, aircraft, vehicles of all sorts, transmitters and a million other things. But a lot of them you don't normally hear because of you computer or electricity in your home. These frequencies you wouldn't normally hear unless you are in the middle of nowhere and alone. They are just common sounds that nobody normally hears.

I've got sensitive hearing, that's why i do music production and i get sore ears very easily from horrible frequencies. I can even hear electrical sockets hum when it's silent in my house. My modem/router makes a horrible noise that my housemate can't hear. I go do survival/bush craft to have "silence" or at least natures version of it. Even then I hear electrical frequencies.

I have to sleep with the noise of rain playing from my Ipod touch into my speakers,sleeping in silence keeps me awake because of all the electrical noise.