Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next gross human evolution

MR.Blueprint

So now you're going to try to argue with how often I use all of my fingers even though we've never even met in person and you have no idea what my hands look like?

I can tell you straight up that I do not use my pinky to pick up or hold things because it is too short and offers no additional support. When I do have to climb or lift myself I hold my frail little pinky out because I'm afraid of hurting it. Even right now as I speak my little pinkies are up as I do all of the typing with the rest of my fingers, and when I hold and move my mouse my pinkes are up so they don't get in the way.

We're not all built the same. Maybe your pinkies are useful, but mine don't do much for me. So don't try to tell me how I behave in an attempt to make your theory valid. You have NO idea.

i think i said we not you........................

im not arguing bout how often you use your fingers

im defiantly not goin to base my theory on how much one person uses their fingers

that wouldnt be smart.

Edited by MR.Blueprint

im not arguing bout how often you use your fingers

im defiantly not goin to base my theory on how much one person uses their fingers

that wouldnt be smart.

But your last reply was:

we use all our fingers for

natural activities

like lifting

climbing

and throwing

SO instead of basing your theory on what one person is doing, you're lumping us ALL together as if we are the same. And we're not.

• Like 2

But your last reply was:

we use all our fingers for

natural activities

like lifting

climbing

and throwing

SO instead of basing your theory on what one person is doing, you're lumping us ALL together as if we are the same. And we're not.

when i say we

i guess im talkin bout most ppl in my opinion

idk

i thought most ppl use all their fingers to lift, climb and throw

of course i wouldnt have no way of knowing how many fingers everybody uses to lift or throw

but i can assume

sorry for grouping us in a group of the same species

Edited by MR.Blueprint

when i say we

idk

of course i wouldnt have no way of knowing how many fingers everybody uses to lift or throw

but i can assume

What about other apes?

when i say we

idk

but i can assume

Would you also assume that we all have the same hair color and height just because we're the same species?

Dogs are one species. But they aren't all identical.

• Like 1

that is a good point but i want to belive that our big technology advancement will happen after we evolve a six finger..

and if you notice all i technology advancement so far cater to use using our finger and brains in unison

because ppl know our fingers and our brains advancement are connetced

That's wrong, our technological advancements with computers are trying to cut out the hands all together. We already have HCI's that use brain waves, bypassing the hands.

So now you're going to try to argue with how often I use all of my fingers even though we've never even met in person and you have no idea what my hands look like?

I can tell you straight up that I do not use my pinky to pick up or hold things because it is too short and offers no additional support. When I do have to climb or lift myself I hold my frail little pinky out because I'm afraid of hurting it. Even right now as I speak my little pinkies are up as I do all of the typing with the rest of my fingers, and when I hold and move my mouse my pinkes are up so they don't get in the way.

We're not all built the same. Maybe your pinkies are useful, but mine don't do much for me. So don't try to tell me how I behave in an attempt to make your theory valid. You have NO idea.

That's exactly what I was talking about with the pinky, it's pretty much just used for balance or balancing things in our hands.

Edited by Coffey

The next stage of evolution is concious control over evolution. We are starting to get there now, but when we do humanity will change at rates unheard of in the past and we will approach god like status. It's race between the our self destructive capacities and our creative. Wich ever side runs away with the ball will win the day.

The next stage of evolution is concious control over evolution. We are starting to get there now, but when we do humanity will change at rates unheard of in the past and we will approach god like status. It's race between the our self destructive capacities and our creative. Wich ever side runs away with the ball will win the day.

I like to hope that the self-destructive trait is one that will die off.

we are running animals

That is an opinion. Science has shown over and over that our Current Modern bodies are not made for long term, strenuous running. Jogging is now discouraged in favor of non-impact gym/exercise machines. Running will give you bad ankles, knees and hips when you are in your 40s. Ancient humans did not live long enough to develop repetitive physical use injuries, so they had nothing to loose by running.

Sure, running has health benefits, but those same benefits can be gained by using a machine and not destroying your muscular-skeletal system. Not to say that a short jog is going to tear you to pieces, but it is not the Fountain of Youth that it was portrayed as in the 1980s.

that is a good point but i want to belive that our big technology advancement will happen after we evolve a six finger..

So you believe that there will be no great leaps in technology for the next 500,000 years? Because you've said before that you are not talking about 500 or 5000 years, but more like 500,000 years.

As an employee at Intel, I know that computer technology advances so that the processing power doubles about every year and a half, which allows other technologies to near double in that same amount of time.

And, it has already been shown that direct brain to computer can be done in mice and rats in dozens of different kinds of experiments. I do beleive there already exist prototype human brain to computer devices for the handicapped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain%E2%80%93computer_interface

So unless your finger evolution happens fast, direct brain control of technology will happen much, much, much, much sooner.

and nobody is "black"

Sure there is... Many people from sub-saharan Africa have skin that is so dark brown as to be actually considered black.

nigeria.jpg

• Like 2

Same here. http://www.scienceda...00212092304.htm

We're better long-distance runners but much worse short-distance speed runners.

You have to walk before you can run.

Not to mention that a few well trained athletes does not equate to the entire human race. There are people who can lift 1000 pounds, but that does not mean the average person can do that too.

because cold weather makes you lighter not darker

There are several theories that explain human skin pigmentation; vitamin D absorption, protection from UV rays, etc., but what is always downplayed is sexual selection. Here's a snippet from a paper from Esteban Parra, a molecular anthropologist from the University of Toronto;

"According to Aoki (2002:p. 592), the observed gradient of skin pigmentation is due to ‘‘1) ubiquitous natural selection against light skin that is strong near the equator, becomes progressively weaker at higher latitudes, and is perhaps negligible at the limits of human habitation; and 2) sexual preference for light skin that is everywhere of roughly the same intensity.’’ Aoki (2002) criticized the vitamin D hypothesis,using arguments similar to those used by Robins (1991)and based his argument for sexual selection primarily on a study by Van den Berghe and Frost (1986), indicating that there is a preference for a lighter-than-average skin color in 47 out of 51 societies, and that the preference for lighter skin color is more strongly expressed in males."

I think that the reason this theory has been neglected in the media is because it is blatantly politically incorrect. But it's all a moot point. If humanity survives for another 100,000 years, people will be uniformly brown in skin pigmentation, except perhaps in Iceland if their current immigration policy remains unchanged.

i was thinking bout it because a girl i know daughter was born with an extra finger.

and my siser and aunt had bone spurts in their hands

of course i intake cannabis aka bain cell keys that unlock my brain powers

and one day i was thinking our bodies are trying to grow an extra finger

than i thought why? and realize that we use the hell out our fingers

and than i seen a youtube video with this asain scientist who said he think we wont gross evolve any more

and i left a comment bout my extra finger theory and some one replied and said the name of the condition for an extra finger...i google it and learned that 1 in 500 african decendants are bon with this condition.

and that jus further poved my theory for me because 1 in 500 is a big number and

2. it makes totally sense africans would evolve fist because the have genetics and are the fist humans.

Does the girl you know thats daughter has an extra finger use it or is it completely useless?

I honostly dont think mankind will be around for the next 500,000 years, we do far to much damage to the planet

That is an opinion. Science has shown over and over that our Current Modern bodies are not made for long term, strenuous running. Jogging is now discouraged in favor of non-impact gym/exercise machines. Running will give you bad ankles, knees and hips when you are in your 40s. Ancient humans did not live long enough to develop repetitive physical use injuries, so they had nothing to loose by running.

Sure, running has health benefits, but those same benefits can be gained by using a machine and not destroying your muscular-skeletal system. Not to say that a short jog is going to tear you to pieces, but it is not the Fountain of Youth that it was portrayed as in the 1980s.

So you believe that there will be no great leaps in technology for the next 500,000 years? Because you've said before that you are not talking about 500 or 5000 years, but more like 500,000 years.

As an employee at Intel, I know that computer technology advances so that the processing power doubles about every year and a half, which allows other technologies to near double in that same amount of time.

And, it has already been shown that direct brain to computer can be done in mice and rats in dozens of different kinds of experiments. I do beleive there already exist prototype human brain to computer devices for the handicapped.

http://en.wikipedia....puter_interface

So unless your finger evolution happens fast, direct brain control of technology will happen much, much, much, much sooner.

Sure there is... Many people from sub-saharan Africa have skin that is so dark brown as to be actually considered black.

nigeria.jpg

That skin color looks more bluish to me

That's wrong, our technological advancements with computers are trying to cut out the hands all together. We already have HCI's that use brain waves, bypassing the hands.

That's exactly what I was talking about with the pinky, it's pretty much just used for balance or balancing things in our hands.

thats the best point that we might create advance technology

but i still think we will evolve an extra first i think we will always being using our fingers n

matter what

even with advance technology, we will still use our fingers and we will evolve a six finger and then we will evolve better brains and then we jus might conquer the universe which i still think we will find nothing

we are more likely to find another dimension before we find alien life

You have a rather eclectic understanding of the field of evolution. I do not recommend you use it in your thought exercises, as your examples of it break down quite rapidly, and attempting to support them with the fragmented system you believe describes evolution only undermines any genuine interest one might take in the exercise.

• Like 6

The little finger is very important in a strong grip.
source
SO, WHAT IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE A PINKY FINGER?

"You'd lose 50 percent of your hand strength, easily,"

source Edited by Mangoze

I managed to find a couple of videos of examples of fully functioning sixth-fingers.

What the advantage is, is not shown.

• Like 1

I think our little fingers are useful; certainly mine is, but more of a good thing is not necessarily better. That four fingers and an opposable thumb is probably optimal for holding and brachiating and carrying things is born out by the fact that this is universal among primates.

Is having 5 fingers a dominant trait?

Having more than five fingers is a little more complicated because it can be a dominant or recessive trait, depending on what genes are involved. If polydactyly is caused by just a single gene that only affects the number of fingers or toes and nothing else, then it is typically a dominant trait. If you have one “polydactyly” copy of any of these genes you get extra fingers even when the other copy says to make five fingers.

But polydactyly can also be one symptom of a larger syndrome. In these cases the syndrome (and the polydactyly that comes with it) is usually a recessive trait. Of course this means, in these cases, having five fingers is the dominant trait.

source

Why is the rate of polydactyly, more or less, constant?

Dominant But Rare

So why if there are many dominant versions of genes that make six fingers is having six fingers rare? Well, those versions of genes are rare. You don’t meet many people with extra fingers or toes.

This means when two people meet and have a baby, odds are neither has the “six-finger” copy of a gene. Since they both have the “five-finger” version, the baby will too.

This is the case for the vast majority of people.

In some regions polydactyly is more common though. Usually these are places where a founding member carried the gene for polydactyly and this person passed that on to his or her children. If there aren’t new people coming into the region the polydactyly trait is more common than in other regions.

House cats are a good example of this. Ernest Hemmingway owned a polydactyl cat, the descendents of which still live in the Hemmingway museum in Key West, Florida.

Since they are descendents from Hemmingway’s original cat and there are few new cats arriving in that region, almost half of the cats have extra toes.

Dominant vs. Recessive

As you've noticed, dominant does not mean common. Dominant just means that it'll win out over recessive.

How common a trait is has nothing to do with this. It depends on how many copies of that gene version are in a population.

source

Edited by Mangoze
  • Like 3

Okay. But if there is any "mutated" human in our society, I'd call him/her/it freak => less chance to have a lover => less chance to breed. Dominant and advantage for survival? I don't think so.

The main problem here is "money". If you have good genes but has no money to buy food => die. But you have money, you don't need good or mutated gene to survive => you can breed.

And money can't be pass down through genes => humans stopped evolved

And unlike animals, you can only have one wife/husband (with the exception of some country)

Edited by FlyingAngel
  • Like 1

That's cool. But as I've already stated, mine are so short they serve little purpose for me. Just because you can find sources about how others' work, doesn't change the way mine function.

I managed to find a couple of videos of examples of fully functioning sixth-fingers.

[media=]

[/media]

What the advantage is, is not shown.

#cool

this report pretty much summarize everything i been sayin wish i could end his thread with that video

and in each video hey said is pretty much un noticeable

and listen to the last thing the anchor says

Edited by MR.Blueprint

source

Why is the rate of polydactyly, more or less, constant?

source

yea that did sound better than how i was saying it.

exactly it depend how many copies of that genes are in the pop...and according to the numbers is a good decent amount and it will only grow .

In some regions polydactyly is more common though. Usually these are places where a founding member carried the gene for polydactyly and this person passed that on to his or her children. If there aren’t new people coming into the region the polydactyly trait is more common than in other regions.

and thats why they are evolving fast because they are isolated in a way....

isolation make evolution speed up or somn like that

Edited by MR.Blueprint