Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next gross human evolution

MR.Blueprint

I disagree when you know a little about human anatomy and the use of our fingers you realize that probably we will lose the pinky finger in both hands and feet because they have no relative use.In our hands all the grabing and writing is done without it and in the case of the feet it doesn't help in anyway and losing it wouln't affect our balance or way of wlaking.

I disagree when you know a little about human anatomy and the use of our fingers you realize that probably we will lose the pinky finger in both hands and feet because they have no relative use.In our hands all the grabing and writing is done without it and in the case of the feet it doesn't help in anyway and losing it wouln't affect our balance or way of wlaking.

we use our pinky more than you think

and we wont lose our toe.....evolution doesnt take away body part unless its in the way....the fact we wear shoes so much we be the reason we wont lose a toe nor gain one BUT the same genes that will trigger the finger might trigger for a six toe also

and we wont lose our toe.....evolution doesnt take away body part unless its in the way....the fact we wear shoes so much we be the reason we wont lose a toe nor gain one BUT the same genes that will trigger the finger might trigger for a six toe also

You should really try to understand evolution before making crap up.

I predict that human's will evolve an extra finger if the human race survives another 250,000-500,000 more years or so. Mutations is even happening now.

We will evolve an extra finger because we use our fingers so much. Once we recive our extra finger we will also unlock more of our brain powers.

We have more brain powers but that is another topic...

Creatures don't evolve extra body parts just because they over-use them, especially if the extra body parts serve no extra functionality. Human hands with 4 fingers can perform as well as 5, so 6 fingers is just a waste of evolutionary resources. However, organisms evolve improved usability and dexterity with excess usage of certain body parts, so instead of evolving 1 more finger, we would probably grow longer, stickier fingers for enhanced grip which all tool-using creatures need to better manipulate equipment.

Edited by Ashiene

Natural selection must use what is at hand; it doesn't create new organs and limbs out of nothing. It only selects from among choices already available.

So to assert that a sixth finger is evolving, we need to look closely at the individuals who have one already because of some mutation and see if they are reproducing better than those who don't.

Who knows? At the moment it does not seem to be happening. The sixth fingers are a bit freakish. They probably are not a serious turn-off, but even a little sexual selection by the opposite sex against them would be enough to keep their numbers at or slighly below the mutation rate.

How can everybody keep saying the pinky is not important? How else do you hold onto a PS3/XBox controller?

And how would I be able to tell a Las Vegas tycoon from any other tycoon?

How can everybody keep saying the pinky is not important? How else do you hold onto a PS3/XBox controller?

i dont get how they dont realize how much they use their pinky

Does anyone know of any studies done on other primates? Like Chimpanzee's or Gorilla's to see if they have the same 6 finger mutation? It would be interesting to see how many 6 finger individuals are around in other primate populations, and compare that number to the number of humans that have that mutation, to see if we do in fact have a greater frequency of it or if it is just a human mutation that only exists as it is in the human population.

I like to hope that the self-destructive trait is one that will die off.

I hope so to, but it's pretty powerful. as we create we also create ways to destroy and we stomp out some of our best creations because it threatens certain meams that we have. It dosnt look good for humanity right now. But we are resilient, we have been down to about 2000 before, unless we do something really really really stupid, I think we will get plenty of second and third chances. I dont think this go at it is going to be it though, maby the next set of civilizations... Who knows.

As an employee at Intel, I know that computer technology advances so that the processing power doubles about every year and a half, which allows other technologies to near double...

What is the tech industry doing to harden itself against a carrington size event or larger? I see electronics getting smaller and more delicate while increasing in power, yet we know from ice core samples that every 500 years or so the sun sneezes a global emp our way, the last one was 150 years ago.

Such an event would bring us to our knees now, but 200 years from now where tiny electronics pervade ever facet of our lives, it would be a catastrophe like we have never seen.

The evolution of technology as exponential as it is, seems to have a built in time bomb. What the hell are we going to do when our brains controll everything through tiny electronics... Then poof it's all gone one sunny afternoon.

Edited by Seeker79

Does anyone know of any studies done on other primates? Like Chimpanzee's or Gorilla's to see if they have the same 6 finger mutation? It would be interesting to see how many 6 finger individuals are around in other primate populations, and compare that number to the number of humans that have that mutation, to see if we do in fact have a greater frequency of it or if it is just a human mutation that only exists as it is in the human population.

I think it wouldnt matter because other primates didnt evolve a flexible thumb yet and we engage different more advance activities with out fingers than other primates

What is the tech industry doing to harden itself against a carrington size event or larger? I see electronics getting smaller and more delicate while increasing in power, yet we know from ice core samples that every 500 years or so the sun sneezes a global emp our way, the last one was 150 years ago.

Such an event would bring us to our knees now, but 200 years from now where tiny electronics pervade ever facet of our lives, it would be a catastrophe like we have never seen.

The evolution of technology as exponential as it is, seems to have a built in time bomb. What the hell are we going to do when our brains controll everything through tiny electronics... Then poof it's all gone one sunny afternoon.

good point...

thats why i believe yes even if we do invent brain power machines i dont think majority of ppl are going to use this technology

I think it wouldnt matter because other primates didnt evolve a flexible thumb yet and we engage different more advance activities with out fingers than other primates

That is not true. Many other primates have evolved an opposable, flexible thumb. Chimpanzee's are one example. Even some monkey's have flexible thumbs. Koala's have opposable digits on both the hands and feet. Opossums have a 'thumb' on their hind feet. Gorilla's, Orangutans, and Chimpanzee's all have opposable thumbs, and also have opposable toes on each foot.

There is probably a number of things that can be done.

1) Harden the electronics so they are much more resistant. Like they do for electronics used in space.

2) Remove the electronics to a protected area.

3) Replace anything damaged.

4) Power down the electronics

5) Put something into the atmosphere

Probably we'll have to wear a protective garment of some kind over our head (or at least your skull access point) and a signal booster of some kind, but that will probably be the extent of the damages done. Like many other Doom predictions, we were able to prepare ahead of time and there was almost zero problems.

There is probably a number of things that can be done.

1) Harden the electronics so they are much more resistant. Like they do for electronics used in space.

2) Remove the electronics to a protected area.

3) Replace anything damaged.

4) Power down the electronics

5) Put something into the atmosphere

Probably we'll have to wear a protective garment of some kind over our head (or at least your skull access point) and a signal booster of some kind, but that will probably be the extent of the damages done. Like many other Doom predictions, we were able to prepare ahead of time and there was almost zero problems.

Yes... We are able to prepare.... But are we? This is not a doom prediction.., it's a fact of nature, but it dosnt have a date. No warning means cognitive disonance.

Edited by Seeker79

That is not true. Many other primates have evolved an opposable, flexible thumb. Chimpanzee's are one example. Even some monkey's have flexible thumbs. Koala's have opposable digits on both the hands and feet. Opossums have a 'thumb' on their hind feet. Gorilla's, Orangutans, and Chimpanzee's all have opposable thumbs, and also have opposable toes on each foot.

do u know how hard andlong it will take to get everybody to use this?

most ppl are nt going to accept it for religious reasons alone

and then add other reason ppl will be scared to connect this new technology to their brains

Yes... We are able to prepare.... But are we? This is not a doom prediction.., it's a fact of nature, but it dosnt have a date. No warning means cognitive disonance.

True enough.....

There will be some that prepare and most who will not. Then those that do will be rewarded.

Evolution will continue -- it's biology. However I think the guiding selection forces will be determined less and less by our natural environment and more and more by our technological environment. This means we will get the ability to control it.

i dont get how they dont realize how much they use their pinky

The only things I use my pinky for are to make promises and to dig my nose and ears.

Edited by Ashiene

The only things I use my pinky for are to make promises and to dig my nose and ears.

well u must not do much with life

You guys really think where gonna be here in the next 500,000 years? People treat the planet like a crap and humans are violent creatures. I dont know If that violence is innate in the species or what. But I honostly dont believe we will be around in the next 500,000 years.

• Like 2

You guys really think where gonna be here in the next 500,000 years? People treat the planet like a crap and humans are violent creatures. I dont know If that violence is innate in the species or what. But I honostly dont believe we will be around in the next 500,000 years.

prolly not

we are closed minded and followers

I think there are two options here...

1) We spread out into space. In which case something like humans will still be around and Technology will be very important and advanced.

2) We stay on Earth and revert to sword swingers. The end of easy fuels, along with warfare will crash technology.

Either way, I don't see us going extinct or growing any extra digits.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

I think there are two options here...

1) We spread out into space. In which case something like humans will still be around and Technology will be very important and advanced.

2) We stay on Earth and revert to sword swingers. The end of easy fuels, along with warfare will crash technology.

Either way, I don't see us going extinct or growing any extra digits.

Yeah maybe, but I highly doubt it space is incredibly huge, and it would take years and years to get to other planets it would have to be a generational thing where people lived there lives on ships.

On your second point have you forgotten about Mother Nature, she doesn't even need our help to cause us severe damage, and on top of that humans are constantly fighting one another

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x