Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next gross human evolution

MR.Blueprint

I agree about mixing, genetic diversity is very important. You can see it with dogs, pure bred dogs have more genetic problems than mutts. Diversity is keys

not mutts but hybrid

you wouldnt call a sativa plant mixed with a indica plant a mut would you?

they are hybrids

and hybrids is the word of the future

Im not sure to laugh or cry on the amount of racism youre displaying. You saying mixed race is more attractive and more evolved is implying that race makes a difference on the quality of the person. Like most so called "anti-racists" you are full of hypocrisy and circular logic. No, mixed race people are not necessarily more attractive, there is no hybrid vigor, that applys to DOGS not humans (though it would if humans were as inbred as dogs). Isolation is actually what causes evolution, as we have already explained, not sure how you think mixing would fuel it.

yea we are different but we are the same

is that a hypocriticle statement

yea or no?

'and thats why multi racial ppl are so attractive" and sum places in this world talking like that will get you shot or loose your abilty to breed any more

exactly and thats what holding the human race back

exactly and thats what holding the human race back

http://amzn.to/127DEjw

IM WORKIN ON PART TWO

thats why i intake brain keys to open my mind and wite down my thoughts. thats all i can do

An extra finger is a possibility, but a very small possibility. The environment would have to change in order for natural selection to produce a 6th finger. As of now though I can not see it happening, although it may be useful, I can't see a vast majority of people mating with the people who have this mutation. Because for natural selection to work it must not just be useful in the environment but also reproduce vastly.

http://amzn.to/127DEjw

IM WORKIN ON PART TWO

thats why i intake brain keys to open my mind and wite down my thoughts. thats all i can do

Only review says "If I could give it 0 I would. Some random guy talking about drugs and his women should accept men cheating. Give me a break, skip it!". Sounds like a real mind opening piece of literature. Though to be fair, this wouldn't have stopped me from reading it, its your ignorance displayed on this thread that deters me.

• Like 2

not mutts but hybrid

you wouldnt call a sativa plant mixed with a indica plant a mut would you?

they are hybrids

and hybrids is the word of the future

I meant Mutt as in the literal 1st definition of the word: a dog especially a mongrel. Not in the derogatory way that technically only applies to humans. Sam as the word b****, a female dog is just called a b**** it's not like you are calling it a bad thing. But if you call a woman that well its like you are calling her a female dog which is originally why it was derogatory in the first place.

Edited by Einsteinium

If evolving a 6th finger gave us a survival edge then yes, you would be correct. However, evolution does not favor mutations that are simply more convenient for us in the modern world. It would have to directly lead to those people with 6 fingers breeding with more females more frequently than everyone else. So until a 6th finger= requirement for sexiest man/woman alive this just aint happenin.

Social mores change. A sixth finger might well facilitate the finding of more youtube videos, and thus acquiring more useful, and certainly true (it's on youtube, after all,) information.

Perhaps, in the future, a male capable of acquiring more of said information will be the sex partner of choice for the largest number of fertile females.

You can't prove it's not true, therefore it must be true.

Hence, a sixth finger could well prevent our demise as a species. Rather than having the rude finger of extinction shoved in our faces, we could well be saved by the other, supposedly superfluous, finger!

Harte

mutation leads to all evolution... but yall say i dont kow anything about evolution.

Ah... But the reverse is not true. All evolution results from mutation, but not all mutations result in evolution. Many (most?) result in the individual dying, or not having children successfully.

do i really have to explain how that would spread

If it is not attractive, or functional, it will not spread... The number of people with this disorder who have a functioning and normal looking finger are very low...

220px-Polydactyly.jpg220px-Polydactyly_Left_Hand.jpg220px-Preaxial_polydactyly_right_hand.jpg

Plus as you can see here, not all people with the disorder have it on both hands or both feet. Making it even more rare to have 12 functional fingers.

Polydactyly-Picture.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

if u do a 100 push ups 1 day ur body evolves to stronger musle that makes doing a 100 push convient.......

if ur stayed in a dark oom for a year...ur eyes would evolve to be able to conviently look in the dark

evolution is not all about survival...its caused by repitition too

is this forum for the smart or the closed minded ppl who dont accept anything new....a typical human behavior pattern

I see the problem, you haven't got a clue what evolution is. What you listed is not even close to evolution, the body adapting is not genetic mutation.

Educate yourself

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

if u start out with 1+2= 3a nd sequncetly goes to 3 +3 =6 +4 = 10 +5 =15 + 6 = 21
You clearly don't understand genetics. Your extra finger gene would need to be dominant. Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

There was an evolutionary theory that preceded Darwin, commonly called "inheritance of acquired characteristics." It still shows up in some thinking now and then, and here and there people say they've seen instances of it. To my knowledge none have ever checked out.

We must remember that the genotype (our genes) are the base of biological inheritance, not the phenotype (our bodies). The genes control the body but not vice-versa. Therefore changes to the phenotype (say the loss of a limb or great muscularity from lots of exercise, or some deformity from a disease, or whatever) do not effect the genotype. For there to be a change in the genotype there must be a molecular mutation in the DNA that makes up the genotype.

• Like 3

is this forum for the smart or the closed minded ppl who dont accept anything new....a typical human behavior pattern

Well you don't seem to fit in either category.

Being intelligent and open minded is good, being just open minded to the degree you are ignoring evidence and making up your own science is not intelligent.

A truly open minded person questions what others say if what they are saying doesn't sound right. Hence why I questioned you.

You can't just act superior and call everyone closed minded... Ironically that's what closed minded individuals do.....

• Like 6

The best thing I got out of this thread was the name 'Brain Keys' for marijuana.

How many Brain Keys do you use? Eventually one of those Brain Keys will snap off in your "Brain Lock". :P

• Like 1

Are prostitutes going to grow an extra.........?

They have been around far longer than we have been using keyboards and all that.. SO I expect that should happen first, lol

Kidding just kidding.

I feel we will lose things first, like the ability to walk (when I was 10 I use to run around, climb tress etc) now a 10 year old is on a cell phone, playing xbox or behind a PC and not ruuning around and having fun :( tis sad but true lol

• Like 1

You climbed trees, they play on the computer. I think they got the better of it.

Ah... But the reverse is not true. All evolution results from mutation, but not all mutations result in evolution. Many (most?) result in the individual dying, or not having children successfully.

If it is not attractive, or functional, it will not spread... The number of people with this disorder who have a functioning and normal looking finger are very low...

220px-Polydactyly.jpg220px-Polydactyly_Left_Hand.jpg220px-Preaxial_polydactyly_right_hand.jpg

Plus as you can see here, not all people with the disorder have it on both hands or both feet. Making it even more rare to have 12 functional fingers.

Polydactyly-Picture.jpg

BECAUSE ITS IN ITS INFANTS STAGES OF MUTATION OF COURSE THEY ARE NOT FUNCTIONAL YET

IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS EVENTUALLY

AFRICANS

125px-Polydactyly_postaxial.gif

ASIANS

125px-Polydactyly_preaxial.gif

ALSO MOST PPL HANDS DONT LOOK LIKE UR PICS BECAUSE MOST HAVE THEIR SIX FINGER REMOVED

SO YOU ITS UNATTRACTIVE STATEMENT IS POINTLESS

REALLY DONT GET THE FACT I SHOW SOURCES THAT SAY 1 IN 143 DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING HERE..

ITS KINDA ANNOYING MAKES IT NOT EVEN WORTH DEBATING

IF MY SOURCES DOESNT COUNT..

I HAVNT SEEN ANY SOURCES YET TO PROVE WHAT IM SAYIN IS WRONG

JUS A BUNCH OF PPL SAYIN

1 IN 143 CANT SPREAD

I REALLY THINK IM DEBATING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS FROM TOWN'S WITH POPULATIONS OF 2,000

Edited by MR.Blueprint

I see the problem, you haven't got a clue what evolution is. What you listed is not even close to evolution, the body adapting is not genetic mutation.

Educate yourself

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

You clearly don't understand genetics. Your extra finger gene would need to be dominant.

I WAS JUS USINGTHE PUSHUP ANALOGY TO SHOW HOW OUR BODIES ADAPT

AND ADAPTION LEADS TO EVOLUTION

IF AN ANIMAL USING ITS MUSCLES AND EATS MORE OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

I BELIEVE THE ANIMAL WILL EVOLVE TO BE STRONGER..

WHY DO YOU THINK NEANDERTHAL WERE BIGGER AND STRONGER?

Edited by MR.Blueprint

I don't see what use the extra digit would be and the extra thumb would clearly get in the way.

we do use our toes when walk its jus thatwe got shoes on so it doesnt feel like it

I know. Your idea is that we will develop an additional finger ' because we use our hands more now ' ? Actually i think we use our hands less now than at anytime in our history. We used to use our hands all day long .. making things, like fires, tools, etc. etc.etc... hunting, gathering, cooking and so on.

I was kiddin about the lose of little toes. .. but we do use our feet less nowdays too.

• Like 1

Polydactyly-Picture.jpg

Hmmmm.

I guess that's why the OP refers to it as the "Next Gross Human Evolution."

Harte

• Like 1

I know. Your idea is that we will develop an additional finger ' because we use our hands more now ' ? Actually i think we use our hands less now than at anytime in our history. We used to use our hands all day long .. making things, like fires, tools, etc. etc.etc... hunting, gathering, cooking and so on.

I was kiddin about the lose of little toes. .. but we do use our feet less nowdays too.

we use our fingers more today

and we use our hands about same

and yes we use our feet less

and thats why we arre less healthier

we sit in the house all the time

when we are outside animals built for running

we will never lose ou toes

we are running animals

Edited by MR.Blueprint

I don't see what use the extra digit would be and the extra thumb would clearly get in the way.

OK You guys feel we dont need an extra finger

today when you lean on something or grab some thing jus think to youself do u think ur body think u might need an extra finger..

yesterday i did this and i dont get how you guys say "we dont need an extra finger"

today/s assingment

lean on something using ur hands

now jus imagine how many time you lean and minipulate thingsin everyday activities

i.e. maybe using a rail to walk up steps or climbing a fence.

or

grab something slightly bigger than ur hand and use it

now think to urself would ur body beneficts from another finger

ur body doesnt think nothin like you guys it jus know the function its body parts are doin

Edited by MR.Blueprint

The primate base is pentadactyl. There is probably a good reason for this. In some cases the number of digits has been reduced, but only pandas have six "fingers."

Any extra organs require extra nutrition, extra nerve and brain support, and so on.

• Like 1

OK You guys feel we dont need an extra finger

today when you lean on something or grab some thing jus think to youself do u think ur body think u might need an extra finger..

yesterday i did this and i dont get how you guys say "we dont need an extra finger"

today/s assingment

lean on something using ur hands

now jus imagine how many time you lean and minipulate thingsin everyday activities

i.e. maybe using a rail to walk up steps or climbing a fence.

or

grab something slightly bigger than ur hand and use it

now think to urself would ur body beneficts from another finger

ur body doesnt think nothin like you guys it jus know the function its body parts are doin

Know what I just realized, man. Screw an extra finger that is pointless. What we really need is an extra arm. An extra arm with an extra hand and everything! Yes! That we could use! Then I could type on my keyboard, and check my smartphone at the same time! Now THAT is something useful!

"In March 2006, a baby boy identified only as Jie-jie was born in Shanghai with a fully formed third arm: he had two full-sized left arms, one ventral to the other. This is the only documented case of a child born with a fully formed supernumerary arm. It is an example of an extra limb on a normal body axis." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymelia

Its STARTING TO HAPPEN!! :o

I WAS JUS USINGTHE PUSHUP ANALOGY TO SHOW HOW OUR BODIES ADAPT

AND ADAPTION LEADS TO EVOLUTION

NOT THIS KIND OF ADAPTION.
IF AN ANIMAL USING ITS MUSCLES AND EATS MORE OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

I BELIEVE THE ANIMAL WILL EVOLVE TO BE STRONGER..

A DELUSION.
  • Like 2