Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recent stats. on our Universe

j6p

Universe is 13.7 billion years old with only a 1% margin error.

First stars ignited 200 million years after the Big Bang.

Content of the Universe:

4% Atoms, 23% Cold Dark Matter, 73% Dark energy.

Expansion rate (Hubble constant) value: Ho= 71 km/sec/Mpc (with a margin of error of about 5%) "ok"

Fate of the Universe: it will expand forever..."I don't think so." j6p

user posted image

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• FreyKade

• j6p

• Kira

Top Posters In This Topic

what is dark energy?

is dark matter the same as anti-matter?

and what about normal energy such as radiation, light etc

what is dark energy?

Energy that pushes matter apart at an ever increasing rate, and is thought to be the reason for the continued expansion of the universe.

is dark matter the same as anti-matter?

Nope. Dark matter is non-luminous matter, that cannot be directly detected by observing any form of light, but whose existence is suggested because of the effects of its gravity on the rotation rate of galaxies and the presence of clusters of galaxies. Anti-matter is matter with reversed polarity.

and what about normal energy such as radiation, light etc

I don't understand the question

Content of the Universe:

4% Atoms, 23% Cold Dark Matter, 73% Dark energy.

so, does this mean that energy forms make up less than 1% of the universe?

Everything is a form of energy, everything.

It's facinating to think that what makes up you and me and everything that exists was and probably will be again, inside of a star.

rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif@ Homer & Loonboy.

Ok then so does that mean that I'm a BLACK HOLE??? biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif awww Shucks biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Content of the Universe:

- - - - - - 4% Atoms, 23% Cold Dark Matter, 73% Dark energy

^

^

^

^- > dude! this is wrong. first of all everything in the universe is made up of atoms. NOT 4% - 2ND - there is no such thing is - ''COLD'' - DARK matter. -3RD-dark energy, is ----- DARK MATTER -- u cant separate that as if its diffrent from the other.-4TH- our universe is made up mostly of DARK MATTER - 90% - not 1 %. blink.gif

ph34r.gif

--simple Algebra two negative = positve. so it is reasonable to think that the X is the ((?)) & dark matter is the is _(+)_ (- + - = positive) can hold a fLow of structure & mass, so in theory we are made from -DARK MATTER-. why not seems evrything that powered our galaxies is DARK MATTER. blink.gif

Spaceman,

You said: "first of all everything in the universe is made up of atoms. NOT 4%”

All the mass of the universe is made up of atoms, but its not known if all of the universe is made of mass. For example, neutrinos are one of the most abundant particles in the universe, and its not known whether they have mass or not.

You said: “there is no such thing is - ''COLD'' - DARK matter”

This is incorrect, as there is cold and hot dark matter.

You said: “dark energy, is ----- DARK MATTER -- u cant separate that as if its diffrent from the other”

They are different, and they have to separated.

You said: “our universe is made up mostly of DARK MATTER - 90% - not 1 %.”

True our universe is ABOUT 90% dark matter, but where did you get the 1%? I know j6p had the figures wrong, when he said that the universe was made up of 23% cold dark matter. What is more accurate is to say that of all dark matter, about a quarter of it is cold

You said: “so in theory we are made from -DARK MATTER-. why not seems evrything that powered our galaxies is DARK MATTER.”

Ummm, if we can see it, then it isn’t dark matter. So we are not made from dark matter. Although there is an abundance of dark matter in our galaxy, there is also an abundance of ‘regular’ matter

whahahha yehaha! watever dude! im just correcting those figures. Catch up with ur reading so that i dont have to explain my ass all the time. laugh.giflaugh.gifuser posted image

But I had to correct your statements. You say I should catch up on my reading, but you failed to mention what specifically I said you disagreed with. You are obviously way out of your league here rolleyes.gif