Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waitress, Autistic Girl, and broken Hamburger

Q-C

That was nice of them to do that. So many would not of.

• Like 1

Warms my heart to know that there are some willing to be so passionate and understanding towards others.

A smile or kind word may make someone's day, whether you know it or not.

Edited by AliveInDeath7
  • Like 1

That was nice of her, I agree, but I can't help thinking why should this be such a big deal? The kindness she showed should have been the norm and not a topic of 'specialness' that made the news. There's something lacking with the human race when being kind to a girl with autism is looked upon as something special. This isn't aimed at anyone btw.

• Like 1

This SHOULD be the norm, but it's not, so I think pointing it out and making a big deal about it may spread the idea around.

I have a 13 yr old autistic son, and I can completely relate to this story. I wish more people would try talking to him instead of talking about him to me. My son doesn't speak clearly though, so I do understand people not being able to understand him and looking to me for clarification.

Anyone who can see a person there, instead of an autistic statistic, deserves thanks.

• Like 1

What a great story. Glad to see Chilis doing a great job.

• Like 1

This SHOULD be the norm, but it's not, so I think pointing it out and making a big deal about it may spread the idea around.

I have a 13 yr old autistic son, and I can completely relate to this story. I wish more people would try talking to him instead of talking about him to me. My son doesn't speak clearly though, so I do understand people not being able to understand him and looking to me for clarification.

Anyone who can see a person there, instead of an autistic statistic, deserves thanks.

I agree, I can relate to your situation. I took my daughter to the dentist one day and a new hygienist (who didn't read her chart- maybe they don't do that but should) brought her back to the waiting room when she was done. The hygienist then proceeded, in a very scolding tone accompanied by glaring eyes and waving hands, in front of my daughter and the other patients "Your daughter wouldn't say one word to me! I tried to talk to her and ask her questions and she wouldn't respond!! Blah blah blah

Imo, when a "nice" person isn't congratulated or responded to in kind, you can always tell if someone is nice because that is who they are OR someone is nice to puff up their own ego and get a pat on the back, be the star. Yes, we all have some ego and bad days, but when it is a pattern it tells me this person isn't kind from their heart and doesn't care about others. They only care about how they appear to others for an ego boost.

Edited by QuiteContrary