Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grand Conspiracy

Professor Buzzkill

This may come across as a bit of a rant, but after the "Who runs the show" thread I feel like I have had an epiphany. I will try and piece together the current global situation to show why i feel that everything is connected to an overall plan. The main points i will try to connect are:

1. Recession/deficit

2. Armed Forces

3. Reduction in rights/increase in scaremongering/decrease in public knowledge

4. The cost of elections/outside influence and lobbying

The US government deficit stands at an insurmountable 16 trillion dollars. The Eurozone has a debt of about 11 trillion Euros. This impacts the economy negitively, as a small amount of government Debt is considered a recipe for increased economy activity, a large amount of debt is basically a millstone around the neck of the economy. Every man, woman and child born into either the US or Europe owes about $40-50,000 USD that the government has already spent on their behalf. It doesn't take an economist to see that this is unsustainable, but what actually happens when we hit the wall?

Most of us work for a company. Most companies are owned by parent companies. These parent companies are listed and traded in the stock exchange and are heavily leveraged. The collapse of just one or two key players will lead to a complete stop of our economy, hence the term "too big to fail". What about the bail-outs? All that does is push the can down the road while lining the pockets of the very people who exploited our system(often illegally) in bonuses.

Unless severe cost cut occurs imediately our economy will eventually come to a stop, be it in 10 years or 30 years. So what does this mean for the average person? Well let me put it this way, can you survive with no money? If the answer is no, then get used to lining up for life essentials (food and medicine) from a benevolent source as they are already doing in some European countries. And once the benevolent source (be they governments or charities) run out of aid, we will be on our own.

This is where the military come in. The US has millions of active personal in the armed forces and a similar number of law enforcement officials. The armed forces provide food and shelter, often for the families of military personal. Now, if you were in the military when a large scale economic collapse happens and you have a family located in a military base who are being fed, housed and sheltered, you are in a vunerable position. Can you refuse an order when it means you and others who refused would be courts-martialed and face certain death (or at least potential death) to your respective families? If you did refuse it would not be hard to find a starving replacement who knows that being in the military durring these times is preferable to being out of work.

Now, this is where I bring in the restrictions in human rights. You can now be taken from anywhere in the world and held without trial for no reason. Don't believe me? Ask this guy. New laws are being ratified that mean you can be labelled a terrorist for basically any reason (including preparing for economic collapse, funny enough) from beliefs to actions. Vote libertarian? Own a firearm ? You are a suspect. In an economic collapse any type of unification against the government (be it entirely peaceful or not) will be labelled a terrorist movement, and can be dealt with by force. Thats right, you can be peacefully protesting and a drone can target you for being a terrorist, on US soil, as a citizen, killed without trial. How much did your ancestors/family members give up to ensure you have these rights and you are just going to give them away? Not a big enough deal for you to do anything about it?

I will leave this train of thought for a moment to comment on the election process in the US mainly (but there is a global trend in this direction). Durring the last US election, 4 billion dollars was spent in electioneering. You cannot become president without raising hundreds of millions of dollars by making promises to industry. Basically, making you vote pointless already because you will ultimately have less say then a corporation. But it is not only corporations that can contribute, other countries governments can finance electoral campaigns with no accountability. When the money gets to the candidate it is untracable, going from one pact to another before reaching it's final destination. Interestingly, no real attempt has been made to tighten up on this since the 1996 chinese election grab scare. While illegal for a foriegn national, government or company to pay for an election campaign, there is no way to ensure they are not.

Where is the investigative journalism exposing the corruption? They are more concerned with whether justin beiber had sexual relations or not than actually doing their job as the fourth estate. You hear the same excuse from every large media outlet around the world (ironically, owned privately and have open agenda's) that its what the public wants. Well no **** Sherlock. We dumb down our education system and feed the resulting adults more mental masterbation material and we are surprised that they enjoy it?

Back to "who runs the show".

Are these laws drafted by our politicians? Did Obama sit down and think "I'm sick of all these domestic terrorists, i better right laws that restrict the rights of every American?". How do you know what he promised to whom to recieve over 600 million dollars for his campaign. Secrecy breeds deception. The best democracies were entirely open and transparent. Can you think of a reason you shouldn't know what the president has promised and to whom?

The system is broken, but i believe i have a possible solution. If you vote for a democrat or a republican YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! Do not vote for the status quo. Vote for for the people that the media tell you are nut jobs, the ones with no financial backing. These are the people who will stand for your rights.

I am spent.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 4

I have to agree if something doesn't happen to change things it's going to hit the fan. These too big to fail banks, that need to be broken up and big corporations are running the show and the rest of us are expendable. What we want really doesn't count for much. They pay their lobbyists to go up there and hammer what they want into the politicians head and remind them how much money they donated.

These entities have people brainwashed into thinking welfare/benefits is what is draining the worlds systems but its not. Its the big boys, rich and powerful, that won't pay their fair share of taxes and these wars.

I don't know how you would get a third party elected when most of the population won't even get out and vote. Some people can't even tell you the name of the vice president. Wouldn't be surprised if some don't even know who the president is. You would be surprised at how little some know. Then there are those that will say I'm going to vote for him/her because their religious. Don't know what they stand for but he/she is religious. Just because someone claims to be religious doesn't make them so anyone can claim anything. People need to look at past records to see what that person is about.

Our last president that was really an average American was Harry S. Truman and he was also the last president that only had a high school education. (Not saying he was perfect.) They have been getting richer ever since.

In his first term as a U.S. Senator, Truman spoke out against corporate greed and the dangers of Wall Street speculators and other moneyed special interests attaining too much influence in national affairs.[36] He was largely ignored by President Roosevelt, and had difficulty getting calls to the White House returned.[34][37]

Harry S. Truman, Wikipedia

• Like 1

@Professor Buzzkill: Well done you for getting your thoughts out so clearly. Thank you. I like it when someone pulls a few loose threads together like this ..... something I can't usually do :hmm:

• Like 1

@Professor Buzzkill: Well done you for getting your thoughts out so clearly. Thank you. I like it when someone pulls a few loose threads together like this ..... something I can't usually do :hmm:

Thanks ouija. I was a bit worried that i would be the only one who could follow that rant!

• Like 1

I am afraid that I am not seeing what connections these four elements have either with each other or with any sort of "over-all plan". After all, these four elements have existed pretty much since the dawn of civilization. Just how long is this "over-all plan" supposed to take, and why, if it would bring an end to these four elements, would it be a bad thing?

I am afraid that I am not seeing what connections these four elements have either with each other or with any sort of "over-all plan".

As prefaced in the OP, i mentioned the "who runs the show" topic. I am of the firm belief that things happen because someone wants them too. Who wants our economy run down and why?

After all, these four elements have existed pretty much since the dawn of civilization. Just how long is this "over-all plan" supposed to take, and why, if it would bring an end to these four elements, would it be a bad thing?

I disagree. For large parts of our history we have had benevolent revolutionaries who will strive for personal rights. For hundreds of years no one tried to change these rights for fear of uprising. Now we have shown that we are weak and can be lead in any direction the powers at be want, with no repercussions. Why do you think that in the past 10 or so years we have lost so many rights? The rights to a fair trial, to not be held without charge, the right to privacy and we are currently in the middle of another battle to keep the right to bear arms (not for hunting but for revolution). Are you honestly that blind that you cannot see in the last 10 years you have lost more rights than was gained during the American revolution?

• Like 1

...Our last president that was really an average American was Harry S. Truman and he was also the last president that only had a high school education. (Not saying he was perfect.) They have been getting richer ever since.

I thought that Dewey defeated Truman. Oh well, maybe I'm wrong. :)

But it was Ike that warned you all about the Military-Industrial Complex, 52 years ago.

As prefaced in the OP, i mentioned the "who runs the show" topic. I am of the firm belief that things happen because someone wants them too. Who wants our economy run down and why?

Yes, I got that part. The part I didn't get was the connection between these four elements.

I disagree. For large parts of our history we have had benevolent revolutionaries who will strive for personal rights.

Hmm...I might be willing to go as far as to say that not all conquerors have been completely brutal to the conquered, and I might even be convinced that the state of affairs in many countries would just have been considered status quo in their time and context, but there is no way that I am going to look at the history of mankind's civilization and say that it is mostly comprised of benevolent revolutionaries striving for personal rights.

For hundreds of years no one tried to change these rights for fear of uprising.

Can you name a hundred year period that didn't have uprisings of one sort or another? Heck, can you name a 10 year period?

One year?

Now we have shown that we are weak and can be lead in any direction the powers at be want, with no repercussions.

Actually, we have scientifically verified the exact opposite.

Why do you think that in the past 10 or so years we have lost so many rights? The rights to a fair trial, to not be held without charge, the right to privacy and we are currently in the middle of another battle to keep the right to bear arms (not for hunting but for revolution).

We've gotten smarter.

Are you honestly that blind that you cannot see in the last 10 years you have lost more rights than was gained during the American revolution?

Blind? No. I can see quite well. Not merely the present, not merely the past, but even the future. You panic about the present, idealize the past, and fear for the future.

You claim that these four elements are connected and point to some "over-all plan". I don't see it. Each of these elements has always existed to some degree or other, and I would be hard pressed to think of a time they hadn't. Could they be used in some sort of plan? Of course. But that doesn't mean they are. When all is said and done, this is merely the same behavioural response civilizations have always gone through. Nothing new under the sun.