Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
MR.Blueprint

Our Brains are powerful

12 posts in this topic

We have great menatl powers

if you accept the notion of ghost than your brain will create ghosts

the other side, afterlife and dreams are created by our brains

paranormal activities are created by our mental powers

Some minds are greater then others. Some barely function at all.

Do you believe in the Spiritual as a seperate catagory, or is that mental?

Most people see what they want to see.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yes spiritual is apart of our mental

our brains are powerful

to be spiritual is bein intune with your mind and the other side thats created by your mind

our mind creates other worlds

big spiritual requires you understanding everything that your brain can create

spirit equals your mind and body as one

Edited by MR.Blueprint

Learn to spell and edit dude and by the way I agree with your way of thinking. :tu: Our brains, surroundings, and teachings sum up what we see and believe.

1 person likes this

A neighborhood boy was just expelled from school for bad grades. Now I don't think my mind invented that, as I think he's a good kid and I just can't imagine things were that bad.

Sometimes we see what we don't want to see because we have no choice.

Posted (edited)

That's not true in the slightest. There's plenty of people who have experiences in their lives that never believed in ghosts or whatever but the experience changed their mind. How is that seeing what you want to see? What about people who have group experiences?

Your claim sounds like the usual psychological cop out.

Edited by The Skater Boy

Posted (edited)

That's not true in the slightest. There's plenty of people who have experiences in their lives that never believed in ghosts or whatever but the experience changed their mind. How is that seeing what you want to see? What about people who have group experiences?

Your claim sounds like the usual psychological cop out.

Is that MOST people? Or, just a few?

Usually if someone sees a ghost, they have some expectation they're seeing a ghost. Otherwise, they would think it is a shadow, or an alien, or an angel, or maybe their imagination. Whatever it is they are predisposed to think they are seeing, which is usually cultural in origin.

Edited by DieChecker

Posted (edited)

Is that MOST people? Or, just a few?

Usually if someone sees a ghost, they have some expectation they're seeing a ghost. Otherwise, they would think it is a shadow, or an alien, or an angel, or maybe their imagination. Whatever it is they are predisposed to think they are seeing, which is usually cultural in origin.

I just don't agree with your thought pattern. Of course people associate certain things to ghosts, demons or whatever but that doesn't mean they believe they exist and therefore it'd be more logical that that's the last thing they'd attribute it to, so how could they want it to be that?

I do agree that some people interpret all sorts of rational things as ghosts because they want it to be that, they want the experience etc but that doesn't mean it's just a mind thing for everyone. Can't paint everyone with the same brush.

Again, what about group experiences...

Edited by The Skater Boy

I said "most" and that means greater then 50%. So you still have those 49% of people who can be total individuals and see the unexpected.

Just in my experience most people see what they want to. They don't bother to really look at what they are seeing. They don't process what they are seeing. They just assume that they are seeing a car, or a bicycle, or a dog. Even if what they were to see critter with 6 legs, or a bicycle with no wheels hovering, or a car that was made of smoked glass, few would ever take a second look, and fewer still would stop to go make sure they saw what they thought they saw. Most people (most again) are creatures of habit and are lazy. Just my personnal experience however.

There are almost the same number of people (in the USA) in their 50s today as there are teenagers. Teenagers and people in their 20s who are the principle open minded people, make up like 25% of the population.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us/Age_distribution

us-2010.png

And those older people (most people) just don't pay that great attension. And if they do see something, they usually just don't care.

1 person likes this

Blueprint, please turn off your Pink Floyd records.

1 person likes this

I said "most" and that means greater then 50%. So you still have those 49% of people who can be total individuals and see the unexpected.

49% is still a big percentage. If we're talking about science, psychology or mental problem, we're all human so it should apply to everyone and not randomly 50:50% as you said.

Both my kids are in their 20's and are in college and I assure you they see what they're looking at.

I'm no where near 50 and stare out the window at work all day and make shapes in the clouds.

I'm also mentally ill and still think something is off with that graph if you're not factoring in Pink Floyd or Iron Butterfly.

1 person likes this